“In the heart of Abu Dhabi”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“In the heart of Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This hotel has a great location at the heart of Abu Dhabi. It has some of the nicest restaurants in town. The bst spot is the "cloud 9" bar and cigar lounge. Also the beacjh is quite nice.

One thing that I find strange about the rooms is their design. The bathroom opens right in front of the bed. It is convenient is a way but strange in another.

The working area in each room is an enclosed cemicurcular design. Great if you plan to do hours of work, but otherwise a waste of space.

Great stay, good staff,.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Dear IAG48,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our associates took good care of you and made you feel welcomed.

Our hotel is indeed well located within the Abu Dhabi city center and offers great access to the Coniche road and its wonderful walkways.

I am happy that you enjoyed our restaurant and bars and will share your comments with our associates with a special note to the team of the Cloud 9.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future and that I will have the pleasure of meeting you on that occasion.

Yves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 November 2012

It was really very bad experience , hotel was not full however they offer a room next to the hotel AC generator (room number 252) we could not sleep all night because of the noise. And they clim as they don't know that room noisy !!!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ahmad_elsayed
Dear Mr. El Sayed,

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I was of course sorry that you found your room noisy and that you could not sleep well. We normally do not receive any negative comments from this particular room and I am presently checking whether something special was happening during the time of your visit. I wish you would have advised us of the situation at the time as we could have organized a room change immediately and ensured of your comfort.

I do hope that you will not let this experience stop you from staying with us again in the future and that you will regard this matter as a single occurrence. We are here to ensure that our customers have a wonderful sleeping experience and we strive to offer them the best possible conditions to do so. In that regards we have very recently changed the entire bed inventory of the hotel with the latest version of the Sheraton “Sweet Sleeper” beds which provides our guests an optimal comfort and we are receiving very positive comments about it.

I remain at your disposal should you decide to give us another chance to take care of your comfort in the future to personal handle all related arrangements.

Thank you for your time and warm regards

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Great friendliness while arriving and during check-in. Everybody very attentive and positive - just what you expect when booking this hotel!

Room is quite small (Club Level) but still one of the best I ever stayed in. For one person just right, enough working space (large desk) and comfortable bed. Highlight of the room from my point of view would be the bathroom though. Like an oasis where you can fultill every need. Great shower!

Pool and beach area simply perfect, very friendly staff and great pool food! Unfortunately a huge construction site just in front, but thats simply Abu Dhabi!
Other outlets completely have a high standard - especially the italian restaurant has unique inventions paired with authentic classic italian cuisine. Probably the best italian in Abu Dhabi!
Be sure to have a nice drink in the unbelievable cozy B-Lounge outdoor area at night or enjoy one of the great cigar collection in the bar!

Overall an amazing stay! Very convienient location as well!

• Stayed November 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Dear bobbyjones069,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor – I was happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and especially our latest venue, the B-Lounge. Thank you as well for your kind mentioning of my colleagues – I am always delighted to see that their efforts are not unnoticed and that they make you, our guest and friend, feel welcome at our hotel. I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again, and since I hail from Sachsenhausen myself, perhaps you will join me for a glass of “Äpplewoi” the next time you visit us! Until then, I remain with best regards

Yours sincerely,

J. Thomas C. van Opstal

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This Sheraton turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. Staff is friendly enough and the rooms are nice but watch you wallet: internet is a whopping AED 75 per day; the breakfast buffet is AED 110; etc. Add to that the fact that a massive apartment tower is being built just in front of the hotel's private beach and is strategically obscuring the view from most rooms (not to mention the construction noise all day and night). To add insult to injury the Sheraton has DJ's play "lounge" music in the outside patio by the pool, and the bass of that music perfectly complements the construction noise to make you sleep even more miserable.

Room Tip: The oceanside rooms now primarily face a big and noisy construction project, so have lost most of th...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Flying Dutchman,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel on tripadvisor.

I of course had mixed feelings about your comments as on one hand you did feel well taken care of by our associates which is very important to us and you enjoyed our overall facilities, yet you had a rather disappointing experience when it came to the noise experience and some of our pricing.

In regards to the cost of Internet and our overall restaurants please note that we have kept our offering in the lowest levels among the different five star hotels in the city and always try to give different options to our customers. For example, we have establish a social center in our upper lobby area (first floor) called the Sheraton link where we have several computer stations and where we offer a complimentary internet access of one hour per day for our in-house guest’s allowing them to contact their families while travelling without having to pay any fees.

Our breakfast Buffet is known for it very wide variety of choices from all continents and is very reasonably priced compared to its offering. However should any guest feel like having a more cost efficient and lighter breakfast option they may use the lobby coffee shop which offers both called and warm breakfast options.

In regards to the noise level coming from our Lounge in the Beach area, I am sorry that it disturbed you and I will make sure that it is well kept under control to avoid any other disturbances.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy everything in regards to your recent stay and do hope that you will nonetheless come back to the hotel in the near future and give us another chance to take care of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and warm regards

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed overnight at the Sheraton as we were taking the kids to a show in Abu Dhabi. Overall, the stay was enjoyable but unfortunately not what you would expect from such a big name in the business.

To keep the review brief, I have listed the problems/niggles which prevented our visit from being perfect.

-Food. We were unable to eat properly as a family in the afternoon/early evening. We had pool food for lunch but ended up having to all sit hunched up on the bed in the room eating room service because despite the number of food outlets, none of them were open when we needed to eat (except one ridiculously priced place out by the beach which did not have anything on the menu the kids would eat).

-Valet. My car was returned to me covered in what seemed to be tea. The staff were dismissive and only offered to wipe it clean after I complained. They had parked my car in a public area.

-Shower rooms at the pool. Generally dirty and grimy. Used towels left all over the place, cigarette ends in the shower cubicles. Men's lockers not working and no staff around to help (although we did find plenty of other guests having the same problem).

-Lazy Concierge. Concierge was very reluctant to book a family car with driver to take us to our show - insisting that we get a taxi. I did not want a taxi (roller coaster!), They eventually did it but I honestly did not expect to have to beg them to arrange it!

-Cloudy Pool Water. On our 2nd day, the water in the Children's pool was so cloudy we were reluctant to even let the children get in.

-Reserved sun loungers. Every holidaymaker suffers this problem I know, but we ended up having to take sun loungers in the kid's play area with no shade because the others near the children's pool had been reserved. We were by that pool from 10.00am until about 3.00pm and they had not been used. Hotel staff should monitor usage and remove towels.

-Management. Straight after the trip we completed their on-line survey. Someone from the hotel emailed my wife asking for specifics as the survey only covered general satisfaction. We provided the details (very similar to this review), but there has been no further response from them.

Those were the bad points. On the plus side, the pools themselves were very nice and the beach, despite the building works opposite, was great. There were plenty of sun loungers at the beach and they had a pontoon type thing in the water to jump from.

As I said earlier - not a terrible trip but I will probably choose to try somewhere else if I find myself in Abu Dhabi again.

Room Tip: With all of the building works nearby, there are no "brilliant" views - save yourself a bi...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Seany79,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I have noted that you enjoyed your overall stay and our leisure facilities but was very concerned about all of the issues that you have raised and would like to personally apologies for the trouble you went through .

You may rest assured that all your comments have been carefully reviewed and that I will take personal care in looking at ensuring such occurrences do not repeat themselves.

In regards to the our restaurant operating times, we offer the possibility for our customers to eat through our the day and the evening and all of our venues offer children options. I am not sure whether you had asked any of our associates to guide you with a choice or not as we normally do not face such issues. The hotel does not have a private parking per say and we do use the available spaces surrounding the property, I am sorry that you felt the Valet parking was not attentive enough and I will share your comments with them. I do not know what has happened with your car in regards to the cleanliness but we normally readily offer assistance should any issue arise.

Your comments about the showers at the pool side have been well noted and our cleaners scheduled reviewed to ensure better coverage at all times. Our pools cleanliness is tested every day and we take very careful care in ensuring that it is always in the best possible condition for our guests.

I am sorry that your overall experience was disappointing as we normally pride ourselves of the care given towards the comfort of our guests.

I certainly hope that you will give us the chance to prove you that this was only a single occurrence and that you will entrust us with the comfort of your family again in the future. Should you decide to do so, please contact me directly to make all arrangements and personally meet you while in the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Warm regards

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Small rooms with a meaningless little balcony. Nice bathroom. Extra charge for WiFi. Good breakfast except that the orange juice was not fresh. The pool area looked nice but the impression is clouded by the mega construction site a couple of meters away

• Stayed November 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you for posting a review about our hotel on tripadvisor, we take all customer comments very seriously and use them to continuously improve on our services.

Your comments have been well noted. There is of course not much that we can do in terms of actual hotel structure but your positive comments about our breakfast are appreciated and I will review what may have happened with the orange juice as we only serve freshly squeezed orange juice during our breakfast.

We offer our customers access to a series of computers in our Sheraton Link in the upper lobby area where they can connect with their loved ones for one hour daily at no charge. We however as all other hotels in Abu Dhabi request for a nominal fee for the overall internet usage in the rooms.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future and remain at your disposal to take care of all arrangements should you decide to do so.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Warm regards

Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is a real relaxing holiday hotel. Big pool with swim up bar & private beach...though there is big construction right in front of the beach...but lets face it, this is Abu Dhabi...there is construction everywhere! I paid a bit more & upgraded to a Club room on the 7th floor. This included Breakfast (large restaurant area), snacks & soft drink through the day & alcohol between 6-8pm in the club lounge. Staff at reception & the lounge were very friendly & attentive. Hotel is right on the Cornish & only a 15 dirum taxi to Marina Mall. Abu Dhabi mall is walkable if you are keen but only a small taxi ride if not. I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more & upgrade to the Club Rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Andy0763
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear Andy 0763,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was very pleased to read your favorable assessment of our hotel and hope that you will visit our hotel again soon, despite the travel time between Abu Dhabi and Australia! I look very much forward to welcome you back soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,
Yours sincerely,