“Amazing Hotel & Service”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have nothing except this hotel is amazing, I did stay there for Club room, Royal Suite and classic rooms, it's just lovely, stuff is amazing, breakfast is totally awesome :)

Also for the dinner, coffee shops, restaurants, were trully lovely, bathroom is just amazing, beach is nice for children, also for value of service as a whole is just pretty amazing

Room Tip: Club Room, high floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank omar_elkerdany
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Omar_elkerdany,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am delighted that you are enjoying your stays at our hotel and that you are content with the service and the attention you receive from my colleagues. Thank you very much for being our guest – we look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and I remain with kind regards,

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The hotel is well located and more importantly very comfortable. The staff are very hospitable and food in the restautrants v good. The rooms are well maintained and is uptyo the expectations from a 5 star

Room Tip: Do stay in the Club rooms - the lounge is perfect for business meetings
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Dear Venkumurthi,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and particular the service of my colleagues met your expectations. We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and if there is ever anything I can do to assist you, please do let me know. Until then, I remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Reviewed 13 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the second week of December 2012. If you are coming here for a holiday be aware that in the grounds of the hotel it is anything but peaceful. Construction work on the three tower blocks to the rear of the hotel continue and it is so so noisy! I estimate that it will continue for a few months yet.
Our first nights sleep at the hotel was disrupted by a party in the grounds that went on to the early hours of the morning. Thereafter we experienced renovations to some nearby rooms that involved drilling and banging during the day. Our complaint was resolved satisfactorily but had we known about the construction/renovation work beforehand, we would not have chosen this hotel.
On the positive side the housekeeping and restaurant staff were hospitable, friendly and polite. The breakfast buffet was amazing but then it had to be to justify the cost of AED Dirham 110 per person. Alternative and cheaper options are available through room service.
One hours free wifi was provided each day but in this day and age it ought to be free all day.
Meals in the restaurant were of average quality but we did experience a pool bar meal that was terrible. Again a complaint was remedied quickly and satisfactorily.
I would advise against using the hotel taxi service as a local metered taxi is cheaper and just as efficient.
Housekeeping was efficient and the level of cleanliness was very good.
You should also be aware that smoking is tolerated in sections of the hotel restaurants and the tavern and is particularly prevalent in the latter.

Room Tip: Currently I would avoid a room that overlooks the construction work to the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Martyn F
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Martyn F,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that your stay with us was disturbed by the noise from the nearby construction site as well as from an event which took place at the resort – please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. On a more positive note, I was pleased that my colleagues in the various departments you dealt with were able to meet your expectations and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon again and make amends for your disappointing stay. Please contact me directly on he below email address once your next visit to Abu Dhabi has been finalized and I will personally ensure that your stay with us will be a completely satisfactory one. I look forward to meeting you personally and until then, remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We updraded to a club room and enjoyed the excellent buffet breakfast - even pork sausuages and bacon tucked away in a corner - first for us visiting a Muslim country. The room was very good and the staf really helpful.
|However, in our opinion this is more of a business hotel rather than a vacation destination.
On the other side of the lagoon shown in pictures of the hotel there are currently three high rise apartment blocks being built. This is of course not the responsibility or fault of the hotel but the constant hammering, roar of plant and droped scaffold poles that goes on from dawn to dusk does spoil relaxing in the hotel pool and gardens. On another note, the hotel does little to promote tourism. Theres is no library of leafllets or dedicated tourism desk on things to do and enquiry at the Concierge only provided a single leaflet on tours & outings.

Room Tip: Choose a club room if the budget allows - free wifi, drinks & snacks in the club room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Peterthepanda,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was pleased to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us even so you were at times disturbed by the construction site opposite to the hotel. We have been assured by the construction company that the most noisy work has already been completed and that in the near future, almost all the loud construction work will be finished. Thank you as well for commenting on our breakfast selection. We strongly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and hence, we have decided to present to our guests a very extensive selection of breakfast items which is much appreciated as you can see from several reviews on this site. I have also taken note of your comment with regard to the information on tourism activities and I am sorry that you felt that we were did not promote this area enough. We actually have a vast collection of tourist information available at our Concierge Desk and I must apologize if we were not providing you with this information – I will ensure that the Department Head concerned is aware of your comment and takes the necessary, corrective action to ensure that all our guests are provided with the appropriate information.

We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime, I remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Sheraton with my boyfriend for one night as a stop over before flying back to Sydney. Very impressed from the get go, we were greeted upon arrival at 7am. Usually check in is at 3pm however the man at check in advised he did not wish to keep us waiting so we could check in right away without having to pay an additional night! The lobby is beautiful as are the rooms! We booked a club room most comfortable bed ever! Beautiful marble bathroom with a big bathtub and shower. As we booked the club room we were entitled to complimentary snacks and alcoholic beverages from 6-8pm , there was cheese, crackers, sweets, fresh gourmet sandwiches. Great deal when booking the club room! The private beach and pool areas are also beautiful! Lots of room to kick back & relax!
The english tavern serves great meals and nice atmosphere to kick up your heels and have a drink/dance!
The breakfast was awesome I have never seen so many options for brekky! The ladies are very friendly and always come over to you and refill your orange juice up :-)
The staff were the most polite, friendly & helpful hotel staff I've ever met !
This hotel may be 5* but the service was above & beyond my expectations! We will definitely be coming back to The Sheraton :-)

• Stayed: November 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear brookey87,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed the facilities and restaurants within the hotel. Of course I was particularly happy to read your kind comments about my colleagues who served you and looked after you during yoru stay – we believe that it is our associates that make the difference and I was very pleased that you were able to connect with them during your stay. I am delighted that you will return to stay with us again and I look very much forward to meet you personally on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.
Until then, I remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed 4 nights. A typical Sheraton. Comfortable beds and rooms. Slightly smaller than normal but well appointed. Nice public areas and good restaurants. Very well located for downtown. Biggest complaint is the extortionate price they charge for wi-fi. messy login where you have to remember your reservation number. Why do they do this? The busy business trvaler wants free- easy-access hassle-free wifi. I wish expensive hotels would resist this rip-off culture using wi-fi to increase revenue. It just spoils an otherwise excellent product.

Room Tip: Dont get room 146. Shower leaks under the door and floods the bathroom!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Jeremy C,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us even so you had some issues with the Internet connection, which we will address internally. I am also sorry that you experienced a leak in the shower cubicle – our Engineering Department will review this and will make the necessary repairs. I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime,
I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

This was my second time to this hotel, you could say glutton for punishment but two years passed and the manager did respond to my last comments so I thought I'd give it another go.

The good point, which was the key factor that bought me back was the pool area. Being in Abu for business it's nice to catch an hour in morning or evening.

Alas three problems. Construction which runs 24/7 means a very disturbed night, the need for earplugs on the beach and pool, is awful to look at when your trying to relax. The hotel can't help it but I am a bit concerned that they actual charge more for a room to look at and hear it!

Glasses at the pool are plastic, fine no problem, but of the 3 drinks had by the pool area each one was served in a scratched and chipped glass. Sorry but if you charge an inflated price for a drink then please serve it in something you yourself would have in your house and serve to an honoured guest.

Lifeguards yes you wear dark glasses but we can still see where you are looking. it was interesting to watch one sat talking for over half an hour to his mate from the pool bar while both watching each and every lady walk past, intently. You may have a yellow shirt on but your are still a hotel employee there to do a job not to ogle.

The other reviews are very accurate. Rooms are noisy, limited sound insulation so not only do you hear re building site but the guy next door clearing his throat. Worse if you have an interconnecting door!

The staff in general are ok. They are trained well however many lack that extra. Example on phoning for help with my luggage to leave a gentlemen quickly appeared being very polite and asking me how I enjoyed my stay. I presumed he was the luggage guy. Nope he then proceeded to check the mini bar, phone down to reception to say everything was in order then started to leave saying the porter would be here soon. At that point I decided best do it myself. Its a small thing but that simply act made me feel I was no longer a client to be served but a piece of cattle to be checked to make sure I had not stolen anything. He was already half way to the lifts before he realised i was still waiting for the porter and now intended to do the job myself. He did come running back. Agree that he has a job to do but why not declare the intention otherwise it simply comes across as rude. Sincerity is unfortunately lacking in most hotels these days.

Food is expensive but ok Wine extortionate. I had one small glass at a cost of £9. They tried to serve me a glass from a 1/4 full bottle which had been clearly open for awhile and smelt of old books. However it was removed and new bottle opened, alas many would have accepted.

Personal gripe although to others perfection. Smoking in restaurants sorry it does not work to try and segregate. give them their own room, smoking sections is so dated its laughable. There is nothing worse than trying to eat with second hand smoke filling the air. spoilt breakfast on all three occasions. Wake up Sheraton they soil our experience. Move with the modern world and realise that they are a minority of selfishness. Give us a choice not to have to breathe their addiction.

Plus points gym is excellent and one of the best I have been in across many hotels. Concierge was good helping to find places and telephone numbers.

Sorry but that was my last stay. Maybe the construction which kept me from that good nights sleep will be a new option!

• Stayed: November 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Milkysos,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you taking the time out your busy schedule to write a review and I was sorry to learn that your stay this time was not up to your expectations.

While our hotel is of course affected by the construction work in the vicinity of the resort, I believe that the noise of the construction has been reduced since the last few weeks but I am of course sorry that there was still occasional noise that marred your stay. The major construction process according to our information is progressing well and should be completed in a couple of weeks, which would mean that the existing noise levels will be further reduced or completely eliminated. I was also surprised to read that you felt that the construction is ongoing for 24 hours each day which is not the case.

Thank you as well for your comments with regards to the pool operation and our Concierge services. I will review these comments with the Department Heads concerned and we will ensure that the drop in our service standards as mentioned in your message do not recur again in the future. As far as your comment with regard to the prices of alcoholic beverages are concerned, I would like to point out that alcoholic beverages are indeed more expensive than, for example, in the United Kingdom. However, I also believe that the privilege of being able to consume alcoholic beverages in Abu Dhabi clearly outweighs the cost of the beverage. We regularly compare our prices for food and beverages with competitors and I would like to inform you that the prices charged by our hotel are in the mid-level price range but in my opinion certainly not extortionate.

Again, I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations this time. While I noticed that you do not intend to return to our hotel in the future, I would hope that we can change your mind and that we can welcome you back to our hotel to prove to you, that your experience this time was not the norm but truly an exception. Please contact me on the below email address when you intend to return to Abu Dhabi and I will personally ensure that your next stay with us will be a completely satisfactory one. Until then, I remain,