“Nice place for a winter holyday”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #55 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The location of the hotel, oportunities and services ofered by the resort makes you charge your bateries, relax and feel good. The hotel has a nice area with swiming pool and place for childrens and also a nice beach. The gym, tenis court and very nice restaurants and terases aren't missing. The services are good. The rooms ar not so big, but they are clean and nice. The only minus for the hotel are the new buildings growing up in front of the hotel. Anyway it's a very nive place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: December 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Dorin,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your holidays with us and that you managed to relax and unwind.

Your comments have been well noted and will be shared with our associates who take great pride in ensuring of our guest’s comfort.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you decide to come back to Abu Dhabi again in the future as I would be happy to handle all arrangements personally and meet with you while in the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this kind review

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Hotel is very nice, not high-end luxury.

Breakfast is very impressive. You can get espresso drinks with the buffet, though they are amateurish.

Can’t comment on value since someone else paid (including my breakfast and internet).

Excellent bathroom. Separate tub and shower. Windows open.

Replaced my bottled water (free) but not my bath products.

They have electric sockets that will accept a US plug (of course the voltage is 220 – but you can plug in your chargers without an adapter).

I liked the pool, and the pool bar. The beach is not very appealing, partly because of the construction but not only because of that.

Others have said that the hotel is very convenient to many spots of interest, but keep in mind that you can’t walk to anything from the Sheraton (that may well be true of pretty nearly all hotels in Abu Dhabi, from what I saw).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Crito0

Dear Crito,

Thank you for placing a review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that you had a very pleasant stay with us and managed to take advantage of many of the hotel services. Your comments have been well noted and will be shared with our associates.

On your note regarding walking possibilities from the hotel, it is true that Abu Dhabi is not always pedestrian friendly with many long roads with little cross over options, however that hotel being located right at the beginning of the corniche road (promenade) by the sea you can easily have a 8 to 10 kilometer walk overlooking the Gulf water.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you decide to come back to Abu Dhabi in the future in order for me to personally handle all arrangement.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Sheraton is in an excellent location at one end of the Corniche. Rooms are spacious and well appointed and very clean.
It was very good value for money on the deal we had.
Staff were professional
Restaurants provided tasty food with very generous helpings.

On the downside there is a construction site next door (not unusual anywhere in UAE)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel facilities and services to your liking.

We have the pleasure of receiving many guests on a short stay stopping over from or to New Zealand and Australia and most find our hotel to be exactly what they needed.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Sheraton corniche as most people know it, is one of the oldest hotels in Abu Dhabi. It is also for this reason, not so big.
The hotel boasts a lovely private swimming pool in the garden of the hotel unlike most of the other hotels in Abu Dhabi where theirs are on the roof!
The rooms are smaller than other similar 5 star hotels, but the quality of the furnishings and bath room are wonderfull.
The Beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in, along with the fantastic egyptian cotton sheets.
The hotel has three restaurants and a bar called the tavern.which is very nice, live music is played there and good bar snacks served.
Of the restuarants, my favorite is the mexican restaurant, however people rave about the italian restaurant. Flavours restaurant is where one takes breakfast and lunch.

Room Tip: Book a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Mr. Cartmel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel facilities to your liking.

Your comments about our “Sweet Sleeper Beds” have been well noted and I couldn’t agree more when it comes to the comfort and feeling on the bed sheets. We have replaced the totality of our beds very recently with the Custom designed Sheraton signature beds and receive praising reviews of it since then.

I am happy that you had a pleasant dining experience in our Mexican restaurant “El Sombrero” and I will share your comments with our Mexican Chef and his team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of your company in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your review and warm regards

Reviewed 16 January 2013

On 4th of January 2013 I stayed in this hotel
not stayed for a long time only 4 hrs in total.

reception not very very good but it was better
I received my original passes safely in a letter.

I found this hotel's design little different,
that is why I liked it being a first entrant.

I can't comment on food and its restaurent,
because of no use & my time constraint.

morning 2 am check-in and 6 am check-out dear
what more can I write for you in this review here.

if you felt entertained inspite nothing much in this review
give your honest comment as your review on my review.

thanks

Room Tip: no tip at this time may be next time
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Ghanshamdas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your very short stay with us and liked the hotel design. It is indeed somewhat different from the high rises that are commonly found nowadays as the hotel was built in the shape of an Oriental Castle and its original design does make it stand out.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit and that you will be able to enjoy our extended facilities and several restaurants and bars.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to handle all arrangements personally

Reviewed 12 January 2013

we stayed at the Sheraton over Christmas for a week,its good for people like me who only likes English food as they have many different restaurants, ours was a Tavern,part of the hotel,recommend the shepherds pie and veg,its lovely,the girls were so nice in there aswell.the entrance and stairs everywhere is very beautiful,there is free wifi for 1 hour a day on the 1st floor,the rooms are good,but no dressing table with a mirror for us ladies who use tongs etc had to use bathroom or put a chair near a plug near the wardrobe/mirror,that was a pain.the a/con worked well,the balcony is so small,the sea view is practically non excistent.due to a huge building being biult,the pool is nice with a bar in,the seperate kids pool is nice and their own private beach/lagoon was lovely if you dont want to go the the Cornice Beach a 5 minute taxi ride away,which are cheap by the way,we used taxis several times a day.The Cornice starts just down from the hotel,but no beach there,plenty of water features and walking,but the beach part is a taxi ride away near the Marina Mall and Heritage centre.free admission,camel ride for kids,very interesting in there,sstalls every day but Fridays and the toilet is closed that day but the restaurant is open even for just a cup of te and you can use their toilets.Nice little duck pond in there to sit and watch,or look out to the sea it all there and a small beach.we loved it there and went 3 times.If you want gold,its the Madinat Mall and gold centre,taxi ride away,only about 3 pounds if that.The breakfast is the best,anything you could possibly want,no matter what nationallity and the staff were all lovely,everywhere in the hotel,all very helpful and polite and the young men who cleaned the rooms,always very nice.Music goes on late,we were on the 4th floor and could hear it,but hey they are on holiday and it didnt bother us,we all like different things on holiday.I would recommend this hotel and up and coming Abu Dhabi,been Dubai 18 times,tried here for a change,getting similar,but smaller at the moment,but can just see with all the building its going to look the same,love the modern different shaped buildings though,Yes,l will be going back,probably inDecember on route to Oz and NZ rather than Dubai,the temperature then is about 25 as it was all week.....perfect.

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor overlooking the pool/sea,well what you could see of it,could hear the singi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Jean Dalby,

I firstly would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your entire family found something to do while in the hotel and in the surrounding area. I am sure that your comments about the activities available at a short taxi ride from the hotel will be very useful to the readers.

I was a especially pleased to read that our associates took good care of you and your family as at the end of the day, the human experience is what matters the most.

Since you will be coming back in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to handle all the arrangements on your behalf, meet you while in the hotel and personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your detailed and useful review

Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Yas Viceroy then moved into City. Now, I realise Abu Dhabi isn't awash with ritzy hotels like Dubai but never the less I went for the Sheraton. I booked a club room (and paid for it) yet on arrival I was told I'd been upgraded to a club room but without privileges. When I pointed out I had booked a club room the staff looked puzzled. As manager duly arrived and stated the checking staff couldn't read.
I got to my room which is tiny by today's standards and bust open the fridge for a drink - I was almost sick! The smell was putrid. There was off Milk curdled and rank pooled in the bottom.
I asked for another room and due to the size of my existing one, check in hassle and rotting fridge they said ok if I pay one.
I almost walked out but the duty manager was so helpful (someone else pulling the strings as she would have upgraded me).

I did get a free meal which I appreciated. The club snacks in the evening are sparse and cheap.

Resort itself is fine but just shattered by the two huge buildings being constructed across the lagoon. This can only get worse.

All all this up and consider it wasn't much cheaper than executive at Viceroy and you'll see my point.

I would not recommend this hotel at this price. A sub £100 then perhaps but only if they sharpen up.

• Stayed: January 2013
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Dear Bil1965,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I was of course very disappointed of your feedback and the fact that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. You may rest assured that your comments have been shared with the relevant personal and the corrective measures taken so that such events do not repeat themselves in the future.

We normally take great pride in our positive customer service and as you may read from other tripadvisor reviews and we have obviously failed to deliver on this occasion for which I would like to apologies.

Such happening does not represent the norm in our hotel and I hope that we will have the opportunity to prove it to you by welcoming you again in the future. Should you decide to do so, I would like to make myself available to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.