“Tired & in need of retirement” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #47 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Tired & in need of retirement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Recently renovated but not enough.

The room felt cramped. It wasn't small but furniture arrangement & size was mismatched.

Bathroom water pressure was dodgy.

Room service was efficient.

There is a tax called 'tray charge' that's added on to the bill everyone you otter room service.
Involuntary room service tip?
If I had energy I'd challenge them about it.

Another thing is the hidden 'unesco charity' on the check out invoice.

Sheraton, I'd be happy to donate, but alert me about it instead of hiding it inbetween the room charges.

Also, the East European check out
assistant was unprofessional. Instead of making light chat, she proceeded to ask me many personal questions.

Location is good but then again, because Abu Dhabi is served by a well thought out block system, a grid system like New York ,everything is relatively nearby.

I've been to many Sheraton hotels. There's nothing about this Sheraton that makes it a Sheraton
It's barely a Sheraton really.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CorruptedSanity
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

Please note that we take such firsthand feedback very seriously and use the comments to improve on our service offering whenever relevant.

I was of course quite disappointed that you did not find the hotel facilities to your liking and while I agree that we are not the most recently open hotel in town, we nonetheless constantly maintain and upgrade our facilities and as you may see from most reviews our customer tend to enjoy them. It of course then comes to a matter of taste and appreciation and I very much respect your opinion in that matter.

With regards to our “Check Out For Children” Initiative, the same has been established by our company more than 1 decade ago to assist UNICEF in its efforts and all relevant information is normally handed to the guest upon arrival with the option to opt out if so desired. I apologize if this procedure was not followed upon your arrival.

You may rest assured that I will share your feedback with my entire team.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you for the time you took to share your comments with us.

Martin

Martin Cramer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I rarely write a review before checkout but won't have time for it after this travel so better to do it now.
I am visiting friends in Abu Dhabi and was looking for a hotel very close to center of the city, with some grounds around it and at reasonable price - Sheraton has it all and more and that is why I grade it 5 (sure there are some more luxurious hotels in AD).
CHECK IN was very fast and pleasant. Problem with credit card was solved by charming lady on the reception in seconds so everything was OK. Some difference between my reservation in the system and one sent to my email was also solved immediately and I was off to my room - I've chosen Club room on resort side (looking to the sea side) and got room 535. In the morning customer relation were kind enough to call me and to check was everything to my satisfaction on check in.
ROOMS are not too big as some reviewers noted however are very well equipped with REALLY everything you could need on your stay but, most of all, have very warm atmosphere inside them. Room with ice maker is on the floor near the elevators so you can't run out of it :) I preferred the resort side because it is more sunny during the day.
POOL - not too big but very nice, with well equipped pool bar and very polite stuff.
BEACH - OK, if You are looking for a beach holiday I guess there are a lot of other destinations much better then Abu Dhabi :) Beach is small but from a hotel in the center of the city that is what you can expect. However, clean and nice... with those two buildings being built some 100m across the water.
Construction site nearby - I did not mind. It was even interesting to see it. Abu Dhabi is being built all around and I am sure it will be finished soon enough. Noise from it - in Your room there will be NO NOISE whatsoever in ANY time of day or night, do not worry :) When on the pool - of course, You can hear the site but it sound more like 'city noise' - nothing too disturbing ... if you are nervous kind of person and bothered by everything - yup, it might give you a thrill :) People complaining by the sea view, again - so many 'view resorts' around the world, for view do not come to Abu Dhabi - I tried looking at the sea from many places here and did not like not one of them :)
FOOD - very good breakfast, good selection of European and arabic food but you can also find sushi and few more things :)
CLUB concept - go for it - I find it too be good value ... I missed breakfast time few times, felt peckish in the afternoon - Club is on the 6th floor - selection of nice cheese, some sandwiches or ham, fresh vegetables and fruits, small cakes, nuts, drinks ... really nice and quite handy (from 10am-8pm). Also You can enjoy happy hour drinks from 6pm-8pm on the 1st floor club. I also had fast internet in this concept (OK, not too fast but worked very nice).
PEOPLE - for me possibly the biggest value of this hotel. EVERYBODY so nice, helpful and so well trained on their job. They really contributed a lot to the warm atmosphere this hotel has.

To sum it up - very nice stay, highly recommend it if You value same things I did. Will be coming back for sure:)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank VladaBgd
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and certainly appreciate that time taken to comment on your experience in different aspects.

I was especially pleased that our associates took good care of you at all times and made your feel welcomed though out your visit. As you have mentioned yourself, the associates of the hotel have a very important influence on our customer’s experience and you may rest assured that your comments will be shared with them.

We will certainly be looking forward to receiving you again in the future and do not hesitate to contact me directly to personally handle all arrangements.

Once again, thank you for your time and kind comments

United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed for just one night to test out the facilities and to take advantage of a cheap summer offer. I live just a couple of miles away but had never really spent much time at the Sheraton.

There's efficient valet parking outside and check-in at reception was quick.

I'd booked a club room but the room I got was pretty small. Seemed like a standard room in any other hotel. There was a tiny balcony (no room to sit) with a view over the pool. This is definitely one of the oldest hotels in Abu Dhabi but is well maintained and has great facilities.

Enjoyed a hour at the beach which despite being surrounded by construction and roads is still fairly pleasant. The pool area was very busy, with day visitors to the pool bar I think, as it was the weekend.

I tried out the club lounge which has to be one of the smallest lounges I've ever seen. Just 2 bedrooms that have been converted. There was a small selection of food and the waiter was attentive with top ups of wine. Had dinner in the Spanish tapas restaurant which was good, reasonable value and somewhere I plan to return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Bean,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall visit and that you managed to make good use of the hotel’s leisure facilities.

Your comments have been well noted and have been shared with the relevant associates who take great pride in delivering a flawless experience to our guests.

I am happy that you enjoyed your dinner at “Bravo” our Spanish Tapas bar and please let me know when you plan your next visit in order for me to come and introduce myself.

Once again thank you for your time and warm regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband booked a room here via Agoda.com and booked the beach-front terrace of the Labanese restaurant for our wedding dinner. The room was nice with balcony and city view. However, we didn't feel any effort or a bit "care" from the hotel team for your special day. A bit disappoited at this point. The dinner was very nice with lovely beach view. The beach bar was excellent with my favourite bombay Gin Tonic. The check-out was quite uncomfortable. The booking via Agoda.com was supposed to be a prepaid one but they still charged us the room fee and they couldn't answer me where they got our booking from. We tried to explain but they still charge us and we didn't want to argue so we paid. The female receptionist tried to ask us for extra buffet breakfast because according to her, the booking was for one person, not for two. But my husband didn't accept that because we booked the room for two, not for one. Finally the other male receptionist admited their reservation mistake and took that one out of the bill. At least, he was the better performed one. Except that, they were helpful with allowing us check-in early and check-out late. Our guests had a happy dinning night!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Mrs. Duong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Your positive comments about the hotel’s facilities and quality of restaurant has been well noted and appreciated.

I was however surprised and disappointed when reading of your overall service experience as we normally receive high praises for the way our associates care about the comfort of our guests.

I did an investigation as to understand where we could have gone wrong and my findings turned out to be very different than what you seem to have experienced. For instance the reservation was not made via Agoda.com but via our own website and not pre-paid. The room was booked on a single status basis with no information about the momentous event you were celebrating hence there was no chance for us to be able to offer you any special amenities. We have very clear procedures when it comes to guests coming to celebrate a special event and we always ensure to make their stay a memorable one.

The “Al Mayass” restaurant, while in the hotel, is a separate entity and since it was booked directly we were not informed that you were having a celebration dinner there.

I do feel sorry that you felt you were not taken care of the best possible way on such an important event but as you may see from the above we did not have any of the information you have had issues with. You may rest assured that we pay great attention to the care of our guests in general and would not miss to celebrate a couple coming for their wedding.

I do hope that the above brings clarification to your experience with us and that you will give us the chance to take care of your comfort again in the future. Should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to handle all arrangements personally.

dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

It was a wonderful weekend in Sheraton Pool bar,we came from Dubai to spent one day in pool bar.pool looks big.even the family pool with slider.children enjoyed playing in slider.Service in pool bar was EXCELLENT, staffs are very friendly and polite even it was very busy.we had couple of cocktails in bar,which was served by Samil.He is very friendly with good hospitality which make us to come back again and the food Chicken Tacos recommended by him was delicious.We recommend this hotel for the weekend enjoyments especially the Poolbar .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear James C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your time with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and managed to use most of our leisure facilities.

I was especially happy about your feedback on our team of associates manning the pool bar as they do a very good job sometimes under difficult conditions due to the weather in Abu Dhabi. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with Samil and his team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcome you again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

My girlfriend and I dined at Bravos, the Spanish restaurant. The food was great, but what really made the experience wonderful was the first rate service from our waitress, Michelle. She was so polite and helpful. She kept our glasses filled, anticipated anything before we even asked, and made sure that we felt pampered. We would go back to this restaurant again and again, just to receive such great service.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Khundawg
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear Khundawg,

Once again, thank you for posting a review of our Spanish Tapas Bar on tripadvisor.

Your kind comments about Michelle are well appreciated as at the end of the day I believe the service you receive is the key to your overall dining experience.

I hope that you will be able to try another of our many dining venues in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed in Sheraton for 5 nights. The hotel was fantastic. There were plenty of options for restaurants inside the hotel with a lovely Mexican restaurant and the staff were very helpful. Our room had a nice view to the astonishing buildings of Abu Dhabi. The pool area was really nice and private beach are too!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Vivian L,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your Christmas holidays at the hotel and managed to try some of our restaurants.

Your comments about the hotel facilities and our associates have been well noted and will be shared with our team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit (Christmas is just around the corner) and remain at your disposal should you decide to do so to personally handle all arrangements.