“Short Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Short Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I recently moved from the US to the UAE as he is working on a project here. We spent our first two nights at the Sheraton. After 24 hours of travel, we were in need of a soft landing. And the Sheraton was just that. Check-in and check-out were quick and simple. Our room (although small) was attractive and comfortable. As we were jet-lagged, the comfortable bed was especially inviting. We ate breakfast both mornings at Flavours. The buffet is full of variety and color. Presentation is attractive and food is delicious. We also enjoyed the cigar bar, Cloud Nine. Service was a bit slow, but my husband loved the cigar selection. The comfortable club chairs, cocktail selections, and appetizer menu were pleasant additions to our soft landing. We absolutely love El Sombrero! Being from Texas, we were thrilled to find well-prepared authentic Tex Mex! The margaritas and guacamole are particularly reminiscent of home. Service is also very good. Location is great, on the Corniche, with easy access to taxi service. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Delisa.

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent experience with us.

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you may rest assured that your comments will be shared with our associates.

El Sombrero is indeed an excellent venue with very tasty Mexican food and our Chef makes it a point to deliver the most authentic tastes and flavours of Mexico

I hope that I will have the pleasure of meeting you on a future visit.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Hotel - Abu Dhabi is where you have 100's of 5 star hotels at 2 star prices because of competition locally and from big sister Dubai. So treat yourself to this hotel for no more than £10 extra a night which will give you a complete buffet breakfast every morning and free wifi which covered every inch of the hotel inside and out. Air conditioning was superb throughout public areas and rooms. Plenty of dining options if you do not want to go out. A small private beach with soft powdery sand and a lovely swimming pool open until 22:00 hrs. with a swim up bar open until 20:00 hrs. The room was quality with Safe, Iron & Board, TV, Mini Bar, Shower and Seperate Bath, Kettle, Tea & Coffee with 2 bottled water replenished everyday.

Location - Sitting on the Corniche (Beach road/Promenade) with great views of the city and coastline. The tourist club area is a 15 minute walk but all the drinking venues are only in hotels or a small dingy compound area fenced with few restuarants with bar areas. But the Sheraton has a great English pub that had a typical old Anglo Irish lively pub feel to it so I did not bother with club area. Because they have all the oil it meant the taxi fares were so cheap and because of the excessive heat 38 - 50 degree heat everyday and night we just jumped into a taxi when the heat made it became too unbearable to walk any more. I paid on average for a local metered taxi for a 15 - 20 minute ride 11 Dirhams = £1.90 = Euro 2.30. To and from airport Dirhams fixed price or metered taxi for 70 Dirhams = £12.30 = Euro 14.30. So I could not be bothered with local buses. I only used the bus for a return day trip to Dubai on E100 Express bus from the main bus station. Departures are every half hour and journey time is two hours. Return tickets 50 Dirhams = £8.80 = Euro 10.20.

All in all I had a luxury holiday including flights for the same price as a European 2 star crap holiday. Cheers UAE.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matt-on-walkabout
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday with us and found the facilities / price ratio to be of great value and to your liking.

Your kind comments have been well noted and shared with our team of associates.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Deputy general Manager
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Excellent hotel in a good location on the Corniche. I stayed in a very quiet 7th Floor room, even though it was overlooking the road at the front of the hotel. The room & bathroom were both very clean and the bed & pillows very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent, with a vast choice each morning. The pool was very welcoming as the temperature was 43 deg, and the whole area was spotless. The pool bar also provided a good choice of snacks.
All the staff provided an excellent service and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hjt2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel.

Your comments have been well noted and will be reviewed with our team.

I was very happy to read that our associates took good care of you throughout your visit and do not hesitate to contact me directly should you decide on a future visit as I would be pleased to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Sheraton review

Summer Weekend offers a must - it represented excellent value

Stayed for 2 nights in a sea view club room. Check in was perfect. Very efficient and we were allowed access to our room early - a fantastic start. Room had an extremely comfy king bed, not a massive amount of luggage space but a luxurious bathroom. Very clean.
The view was ok but was slightly obliterated by 2 immense buildings which were being built. Some noise could be heard from the site during the day by the pool .
It is a resort with its own private beach to a lagoon. Pool service great and comfy sunbeds.
It is obviously extremely hot this time of year.
Staff in club lounge mega efficient and you had a choice of cloud 9 bar on night for cocktails. Well worth paying for the club room. The musician was actually great and a pleasure to listen to.
Breakfast an amazing feast!
I liked also the management presence,Eg.Our room was checked for cleanliness. Children dive bombing in the pool requested :(politely) not to/ use alternative.
Supermarket within 10 min walk. (Care in the heat though !)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank martine_floridahome
Dear Martine,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay in our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and liked the benefits of staying in our Club Rooms which offers indeed very good value.

Your comments about our associates will be shared with them as they always take pride in being recognized for their performance.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Was lucky my friend suggest we choose this place for our holidays. I stay there for a week and i really enjoy it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. For the first day i ender the hotel i felt very relaxing and welcoming. The hotel is offering almost everything you will desire. If you close the club room you will have breakfast and also snacks, soft or alcohol drinks in the evening included in the price. You have also the choice of different type of food like mexican, italian, spanish and if you don't want to go to the restaurant you can order in the room as well. Live music is playing in the evening with very talented musicians. The staff in all the parts of the restaurant are willing to help and always are very welcoming. The location of the hotel is very good and they always have taxi waiting for you if you need. through the hotel also you can book a safari that is very good experience and the car is taking you for the hotel around 5 and bring you back in the night. One more leisure that is nice to do is the boat trip that is taking you around the city but from the water side and like that you can see a different view of the city. To conclude the Sheraton is a hotel that will leave you satisfied for your holidays.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MeleniaTriadafilenia
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear Melenia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor, we take our customer feedback very seriously and always use the valuable comments to improve on our offering.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and managed to take advantage of most of the hotel’s facilities.

Your comments have been well noted and will be shared with our team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Lucky enough to back here for 5 nights this time, still a great hotel that I love, it has a great old school charm with friendly helpfull staff. There is a good choice of restaurants which I can recommend and some great music in the Tavern :-) yes there is some construction going on across the way - but this Abu Dhabi - and I i did not find that it spoilt my stay, sitting by the pool bar was still great - the bad part is that I leave tomorrow - looking forward to coming back - recommed this place - brilliant !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I firstly would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

Your kind comments are well appreciated and have been shared with our team of associates who take great pride in delivering a flawless experience to our guests.

It is very rewarding to receive such feedback from a return customer who has seen the hotel evolve through time and I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future. Should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and warm regards

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Booked this hotel for our 2nd visit to Abu Dhabi and currently on our 6th night in the resort. Had read some not so good reviews but need not of worried. Myself and my wife had booked a club room with turned out to be both roomy and immaculate. with the club room we got breakfast in flavours restaurant and use of the club lounge for hot and cold drinks and snacks throughout the day. From 6-8pm we could get free soft and alcoholic drinks in the bar free and more snacks the staff in the bar were very attentive and never let the glass get empty. The resort area is really nice with lots of shade and 2 pools and a pool bar again the staff here are great and always want to help. The hotel is great location close to the corniche and most of the malls are within a cheap taxi ride away. All in all a great hotel with great staff which I cannot fault in any way.

Room Tip: Club room well worth it book direct on hotel website