“Always nice to return”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have visited Abu Dhabi a number of times and whilst I have visited most of the better hotels I always feel at home when I come to the Sheraton. The pool isn't the largest and the "beach" isn't the best but the ambiance adds to a very relaxed atmosphere.
Any good pool bar is only as good as the staff and Samil and the lads at the Sheraton make it what it is. They even remembered my drink even though I hadn't been for over 6 months. Yes the St Regis has a great beach and the Fairmont and Intercontinental are good but for me a trip to Abu Dhabi wouldn't be complete without a day spent at the Sheraton beach.

Room Tip: The food served by the pool is always freshly cooked and well presented
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank henritom
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Mr. Henritom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel on tripadvisor.

Your feedback is certainly well appreciated and you may rest assured that they will be shared with our team.

Samil and the Pool Bar personal are doing a lot of efforts to ensure of our guest’s comfort when in our resort and I am very happy to see them recognized in such a manner.

I hope that I will have the pleasure to meet you in person when you visit our hotel next.

Yves

Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just returned yesterday from a perfect weeks stay at the Sheraton, firstly after reading some of the slightly mean, negative comments before running the place down on here these people should have done a bit more hotel research prior to booking!.
On arrival, check in was fast, friendly and efficient, luggage was taken to our room very quickly, we were staying in an executive suite which was big,not huge but ample for me, my husband and 2 children, room was spotlessly clean not a speck of dust anywhere, gorgeous big comfortable bed, this style suite is usually based on 2 persons sharing as only one bed so we requested the extra beds for the kids which were a fold out style but these came with a luxury, thick mattress. TV wasn't a great picture and a bit fuzzy but hey, we don't go on holiday to sit in the room all day so not an issue!.
Ok this hotel isn't the newest, high rise, bling bling hotel in the region but as I mentioned before the negative reviewers should have researched and been aware of this this right?..
what we had was excellent value,spotlessly clean well maintained hotel, an excellent 5 star service from each and every one of the wonderful Sheraton staff, they are a huge credit to the hotel!, and thankyou to the kind member of the concierge (can't remember his name) who made several attempts to help us find our camera which my husband lost in a taxi.. food was superb, pools and surrounding areas were kept extremely clean and very well lifeguarded.
As for the beach area it isn't huge, it's a man made lagoon, there is no tide or waves so the water can become a little mucky (not polluted) in the afternoon, staff do keep it as clean as possible,very warm to swim in and safe for children. we were fully aware of the construction nearby before travelling, whilst it may bother some it didn't bother us at all, it wasn't even very loud. To be honest it would be difficult to find a hotel without construction nearby in Abu Dhabi, it's everywhere!.
Didn't use the gym, nightclub or spa facilities so cannot comment.
All in all we had an excellent time, the weather was gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky, I have paid more money to stay in European resorts at this time of year (UK schools half term) and had rain all week!, now I know where I'l be going in the future and already looking into going back.

Room Tip: try to upgrade to a suite, hotels.com who we booked with do some great deals!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on your recent visit in our hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you and your familly enjoyed your time with us and managed to make good use of the available facilities the hotel has to offer.

Your comments about the friendliness and efficiency of our assocaites are well appreciated as they are indeed an essentiel part of the experience we offer our customers.

Should you decide to come back, as mentioned in your review< please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be more than happy to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed during Ramadan and it was one of the few hotels where the restaurants served alcohol in the evening. Comfortable beds and nice stay. Good Mexican Restaurant in the hotel! Nice to have a small water slide for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and made good use of our the hotel’s leisure facilities.

Your kind comments about our Mexican restaurant “El Sombrero” have been well noted and will be shared with the team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you again in the future and do not hesitate to contact me directly to handle all arrangements.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is still one of the landmarks of Abu Dhabi. Human scale it is one of the older hotels, but none the worse for that. There are a good variety of restaurants and bars in the hotel including a Mexican restaurant and a tapas bar, with a British pub and a cigar bar. It has a private beach which it was able to keep when the coast was moved - it is now a bay.

Recently the hotel has been plagued with surrounding building works. These are mostly over now and the roads at least are finished. This makes it easier to get to the hotel, but harder to get a taxi from the hotel! There are two residential tower blocks being built on the coastal side of the hotel. The main works are done now and they are getting closer to completion so the noise has reduced.

There is a club lounge at the hotel - but I would not pay extra for it. It is small and limited and tends to be overrun by families with small children.

Breakfast is substantial and buffet style, but one of the better ones. The rooms are generally pretty good with everything that you would need.

Room Tip: i had a road side room but did not experience noise from there - just other guests!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you managed to use most of our facilities.

Your analysis of the construction situation is correct and we are now enjoying quitter days for the pleasure of our guest and associates alike.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to meet during a future visit and do not hesitate to contact me directly to handle all relevant arrangements.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We arrived back home on the 13th oct after a 8 night stop. check in was hassle free and quick which was great at 1.50am. the room might seem small for some peoples taste but was fine for our needs, all the staff were friendly and helpfull. the pool area was lovely to relax around as was the lagoon area which we had no trouble getting a lounger. We ate at the mexican which was great and also the pub which had a good atmosphere. The cakes in the foyer cafe are a must they are stunning and so tasty. All in all i would have no qualms in staying at the sheraton again, we had a really enjoyable time.

Room Tip: ask for room at the back overlooking the pool, the noise can be loud from the road at night at the f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Marcel,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel posted on tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that our associates took good care of you during your visit.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements should you decide to do so.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and warm regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013

It is a beautiful hotel to stay. A little old, but very well maintained. Located close to the Marina Mall, the only decent shopping mall in Abu Dhabi. Hotel is located about 30 minutes from airport.

The only downside to this place is the beach. It is a smaller area now, because of all the construction buildings surrounding the beach. Water is clean and very salty. My skin had an immediate reaction within minutes of entering the water.

The hospitality is great. Everyone was friendly, from the doorman to housekeeping.

Room service serves good food, but huge serving.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank joandee
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Joandee,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that our associates took good care of you at all time. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with them.

I am pleased to inform you that the construction in the vicinity of our beach area will soon be completed and will not represent a disturbance in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact should your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi in the future as I would be happy to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here on our way back to Australia with our 2 children after a month long trip around Europe. Whilst the Sheraton might not be the newest hotel in Abu Dhabi, it makes up for it in so many ways. Upon check in we were greeted with a wonderful upgrade to a Royal Suite for our family. The room was amazing..clean, well maintained and perfectly stocked. The level of service throughout our stay was second to none. Our oldest child has an accident whilst playing, and the Sheraton staff were amazing in organizing medical assistance and transportation. Their follow up was brilliant also. Nothing was a problem. It was an absolute pleasure to stay at this establishment. This is a fantastic hotel that comes at an excellent price (even without the upgrade!). We will definitely stay here again next time we return to Abu Dhabi. Thanks to all the staff that made our stay so amazing!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kativa and family,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

It was a real pleasure reading your comments and I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us during your stop over on your route to Australia.

I do hope that your son is better and I am glad that our team of associates managed to assist you promptly during the incident.

It is always very rewarding for us to read that our guests enjoyed the level of service we offer as it is of critical importance for us and our associates take great pride in ensuring of their comfort.

I will be looking forward to your return and please do not hesitate to contact me directly to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you for your review and warm regards

Yves Tarabout