“Price / performance? Big question mark!”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Actually it is a very nice hotel, std rooms are spacy , comfortable and relaxing. Location is on corniche road which is easy to reach everywhere. Hotel is very cold inside as they put all air conditionings on even it was a cold day in Abu Dhabi! I got flu because of it. My room sink was not working and water was not going down , they fixed it but took two days. Balcony window was stuck they fıxed it in a day. Reception people were very helpful to solve these issues. ATTENTION: I booked it thru booking.com with "accomodation only" conditions but when I arrived to hotel they tried to check me in including breakfast condition which ı dont do breakfast in this trip. They fixed the situation later on but it cost me a couple of hours to convince them!! Be sure and double check it at arrival. Overall; a bit pricy hotel + issues with room facilities+ misunderstanding in reservation conditions + ı am still ok to stay again. I hope this is helpful to express my feelings.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Atacan O
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Atacan O,

Thank you for the review of our hotel in tripadvisor.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to come back for another visit.

Your comments have been well noted and will be shared with our team.

The hotel was indeed a little cold for a couple of days during the weather change in Abu Dhabi as it is difficult to adjust the AC in the public areas of such a large structure rapidly but everything is now fine.

For reservations I can only recommend you use the hotel’s branded website directly to ensure you are given the best possible rates at the time of booking. Inquiring about rates in advance often results in getting the best possible offer and is recommended whenever possible.

Please contact me directly for your next visit as I would like to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Yves

Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

As this was the last hotel that I stayed in when leaving Abu Dhabi in 1998, there was a certain symetry in staying on this visit after a long absence. The property 'was' on the beach. However while there is still a beach, this now fronts onto a lagoon and faces a new highway - and a very large building under construction. This is a minus. The public areas and the rooms are however (very positively) transformed even if the size of the rooms remains on the small size. Bathrooms are excellent, as is the room furnishig. The only (minor) bleat is that the wardrobe is small and cramped by the drawer unit inside. As it was a very short visit (arrived at 04.00 on the Saturday and departed at o4.30 on the Monday) I was only able to sample one restaurant - the Tex-mex Sombrero. Perfectly OK if not exactly fine dining.

Room Tip: If the budget will stretch, upgrade to Club (mine did not).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Rory K,

Thank you for sharing a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

It is very interesting to receive the feedback from someone who last saw out hotel in 1998.

I saw the property during the same period for the first time and came back to it years alter so I can well understand your feelings.

I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you again in the future, hopefully before 2028 and that I will be able to meet with you on that occasion.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and warm regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here with my family. Rooms are not very big but comfortable and clean. Hotel has nice communal areas and a nice pool. Restaurants were good however the beach was pretty lame (looks more like a well manicured sand pit...).

Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There is a constant bustle of people (including locals) which make the place seem alive and vibrant. Location is great...not right down town but not far out. I enjoyed my stay at this place but would upgrade on the room (I had a standard) just to get a little more space.

Room Tip: worth upgrading as the standard rooms are pretty small...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kunal16
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Kunal 16,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found our associates to be welcoming and accommodating, you may rest assured that your comments have been shared with them.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit, should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Lovely clean hotel and room,not much wardrobe space, excellent range of breakfast choices in the restaurant, however this was expensive. Fantastic gym and spa althought the steam room needed a good deep clean due to unpleasant smell. Had a lovely sports massage. There was building work across beach area but did not really bother us too much. Pleasant staff throughout hotel. Don't bother upgrading to the club package as not really worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to make good use of our facilities.

I was especially happy to read that our team of associates took good care of you throughout your visit and you may rest assured that your comments have been shared with them.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again I the future

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a very restful stay at the Sheraton in a club room. Well worth upgrading to this as food available in club lounge during day with soft drinks. In the evening alcholics drinks and food available in a mezzanine area with live music i.e. pianist, between 6-8pm. The Flavours Restaurant was fantastic and also is where breakfast (also included) is served. We had a disappointing meal at the Italian Restaurant but the manager was not there that evening but we didn't want to try again as our nights were limited. The room was beautiful, though the window small & balcony very tiny. Also unfortunately they are building two tall apartment blocks 40+ storeys high between The Sheraton & the gulf. Well into the night the building work goes on vehicle reversing making the most disturbing noise. Despite all this we still loved our stay, though personally Dubai Sheraton is in a prettier location & the shopping i.e.in the Old Souk is better than in Abu Dhabi, there is far more atmosphere in Dubai. Perhaps Abu Dhabi is still developing. The taxi took us to the World Trade Centre shopping mall (not where we requested) this is very new many units are empty as in 80-90% so not much there we felt they wanted us to go there but it was a waste of our precious time.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the other side of the hotel from the building site as they do build well into the nig...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, such firsthand customer feedback is very important to us and assist us in improving in our offering.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the “Club Floor” option to be worth the upgrade.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal in our Italian Restaurant and wish this would have been communicated to us at the time it happened so that we could have ensured counter measures were taken leaving you with a positive image of our restaurant. We normally receive high praises from “La Mamma” and I would appreciate if you could take a few minutes of your time to send me your comments directly in order to understand what may have happened.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally should you decide to do so.

Once again, thanks you for your comments and warm regards

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Overall a nice hotel but not 5 star.
It has some great staff (especially in club lounge where we were looked after very well). The club lounge was very nice for the price we paid and it served free alcohol between 6-8pm which makes it a very good choice to eat and drink in.

There is a nice pool area with kids pool separately and it wasn’t very busy which was nice.
The rooms are very small but our room had a comfortable bed and there were decent prices for room service in the event you don’t fancy leaving the room for a meal. However the restaurant options were plentiful. Most of the restaurants need booking before hand and the Mexican and Spanish restaurants were both booked the night we wanted them so we booked the Lebanese ( Al Mayass) which was amazing in terms of food and service and we’d go back there without a doubt.

There was a great breakfast spread with everything you could ever want.

Some of the negatives:

-they hold on to your security deposit for 'up to 2 weeks' after you check out which is not on.

-no where to sit outside with Children after 9pm.

- no where to walk outside the hotel

-lots of construction going on

-very poor 'beach' area

-too many indoor smoking areas

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel on tripadvisor.

It is always interesting to see both the positive and negatives on the experience one of our guest had with us. We always take comments constructively and act upon them whenever relevant to do so.

Thank you for your kind comments about our associates, you may rest assured that they have been shared with them.

As an information only the security deposits are not held by the hotel, who releases them at the time of check out, but by the bank and all we are able to do is contact them and ask them to urge the process as soon as possible. This is everywhere the same and not a hotel’s decision.

The hotel is adjacent to the Abu Dhabi Corniche (5 minute walking distance) which offers a very long and beautiful stretch of seashore, I wish you would have asked us to direct you when on site as it is a very nice area to walk in the evenings.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us and warm regards

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi in September. From the moment we arrived the staff were very helpful and obliging. The hotel is one of the older hotels in Abu Dhabi but maintains its original characteristics. The bathrooms are marble and so spacious, the bedroom had an office and view of the pool and water. You get really spoilt at this hotel. Oli in the executive lounge was brilliant and got to know us. I will return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room facing towards the pool and water.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us and plan a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when you decide to do so, in order to handle all relevant arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Warm regards