“Excellent”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Really beautiful hotel. Perfect location to the corniche, parks, but then there is so much to do at the resort, that you don't really need to go anywhere. The Christmas tree and the decorations in the lobby were unexpected and fabulous. Well done.

Room Tip: Be sure and check out all the dining venues offered before you decide to go elsewhere. If it is the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philip B
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Mr. Philip B,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and found the hotel facilities, the service levels and the quality of our restaurant and bars to be of high value.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Rooms,service,cordiality, resturants,food, out standing. Bravo resturant excellent music location and food but cordiality advices have reached the fame of sheraton Thanks to all personel especially to miss Liya Mulat that showed courtesy, high professionality apperance and outstanding knowledge in the spanish food and drinks. Remarkable her capabilyty to ménage anytime request for my reservation even with short notice. Thanks to Sheraton Thanks to all personel and locking forward to see you all for my vacations

• Stayed: December 2013
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Mr. Petrax,

Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel.

I was very pleased to read about your overall excellent comments and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

You may rest assured that your review will be shared with our team with a special notice of appreciation to the associates from Bravo.

Please contact me directly when planning your vacations as it would be my pleasure to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We had a 2 week family holiday at this lovely hotel.
Many of the reviews state the hotel is old and ready for a face lift.This is true, the hotel is 13 years old and very old fashioned in comparison to the many hotels in Abu Dhabi.
The hotel and its surroundings are immaculate. Extremely clean and kept in excellent working order.
The staff are polite and helpfull and always have a smile.
The food in the main restaurant is incredible.
We stayed at the Emirates Palace for 2 weeks in May, the food was excellend but in our opinion the Sheraton food was far superior.
The beach bar staff and life guards were most helpful.Thank you all very much.You all went above and beyond our expectations.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Mrs. Hutch,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the upkeep and food quality to be of high standards.

I was especially pleased about your comments on our associates as when it comes to delivering a wonderful experience to our customers, they are the ones in the first line and I am happy that they took very good are of you.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel has been a feature of the corniche since I was visiting Abu Dhabi since 2004. I believe it has had a facelift since I was last there but my impression was that it was not quite worth the money for the stay. Would love to go back again and see what is new.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel.

We do maintain and refresh the property regularly to remain competitive and offer the best possible experience to our guests.

The prices offered are directly linked to the market conditions and vary depending on the period of the visit. Please contact me directly when planning a next visit so that I can advise you of the best possible solution for your travelling plans.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and warm regards

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great hotel.............great location................... All the staff are very friendly......... The food was very good..........
The only down side to the hotel that the beach is very small..................
The hotel also has a great pool...............

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John R

Dear John R,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our location and facilities and that our associates took good care of you.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, not as our first choice, but because of poor weather in Fujairah. We only had 7 days in the UAE, and on arrival in Fujairah we had a big storm and another the following day - and the forecast wasn't good, but it was in Abu Dhabi! So managed to book an Executive Room at a great price and 3.5 hours later we arrived! Really pleased we had because not only the weather was great, but so was the hotel! Great location and comfort. Loved the pool area + the beach set up. Also really appreciated breakfast included (what a fantastic choice, have never seen such an enormous buffet!) and the happy hour. The restaurants were great also and really loved the Al Mayass Lebanese restaurant! Great stay.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coxyboys
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Coxyboys,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us.

While I am sorry the weather did not work in your favor upon your arrival in the UAE, we are glad you chose us as your alternative destination for your visit in the UAE and are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and made good use of the available facilities.

Our restaurants enjoy a great reputation for their quality of service as well as Food & Beverage and our breakfast is indeed recognized for its quality in most reviews we receive. I will share your comments with the team which they will certainly appreciate.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you once again in our hotel and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Martin Cramer

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Actually it is a very nice hotel, std rooms are spacy , comfortable and relaxing. Location is on corniche road which is easy to reach everywhere. Hotel is very cold inside as they put all air conditionings on even it was a cold day in Abu Dhabi! I got flu because of it. My room sink was not working and water was not going down , they fixed it but took two days. Balcony window was stuck they fıxed it in a day. Reception people were very helpful to solve these issues. ATTENTION: I booked it thru booking.com with "accomodation only" conditions but when I arrived to hotel they tried to check me in including breakfast condition which ı dont do breakfast in this trip. They fixed the situation later on but it cost me a couple of hours to convince them!! Be sure and double check it at arrival. Overall; a bit pricy hotel + issues with room facilities+ misunderstanding in reservation conditions + ı am still ok to stay again. I hope this is helpful to express my feelings.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Atacan O
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Atacan O,

Thank you for the review of our hotel in tripadvisor.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to come back for another visit.

Your comments have been well noted and will be shared with our team.

The hotel was indeed a little cold for a couple of days during the weather change in Abu Dhabi as it is difficult to adjust the AC in the public areas of such a large structure rapidly but everything is now fine.

For reservations I can only recommend you use the hotel’s branded website directly to ensure you are given the best possible rates at the time of booking. Inquiring about rates in advance often results in getting the best possible offer and is recommended whenever possible.

Please contact me directly for your next visit as I would like to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.