“Five star staff in a four star hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #48 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Helsinki, Finland
“Five star staff in a four star hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in Sheraton for two weeks with family and two children, over Christmas and New Year.
The hotel was quite worn out and the normal club and other rooms really small compared to most hotels in the area. As we had two kids with us we got the chance to move up to a sweet which was spacious and had a good view, partly covered with a construction work with a building just opposite. Anyhow the building work did not disturbe us at all. The royal sweets were the only rooms with something you could call a terrace and I was happy to see them when we moved in, but to our suprise all the doors to the terrace were locked "for safety reasons" they told us. Still there were proper railings, just like in the rooms lower where you could open the doors. The manager said that as the terrace goes around the whole floor they cannot let guests go to the terrrace. I have, however, stayed in many hotels where guests share the terrace and we have never had a problem with that. So if you wish to have some fresh air do not choose these sweets. The beds were very good and comfortable, which at least for me is a very important for a good night sleep. The rooms at the 8th floor were also very quiet during the nights. My daughter and her husband stayed at the 6th floor and they were quite often disturbed by noices from the corridoor by nights. But that, ofcourse you have to blame the other quests, not the hotel.

The sweets were clean, and well taken care of during our stay every day. A bit worn out but OK.

The Club lounches did not offer much. Not worth the extras you pay for them.

The pool area was good and the beach was nice. Not a real long sandy beach where you can walk as it was kind of in the middle of the city but the water was clean and nice to swim. Warm enough for us who come from Finland.

We visited all the restaurants and all of them were good. The New Years evening at the Farmount restaurant even excellent.

The best part of this hotel was the staff though. Wherever we were we got friendly smiles and good service. The staff really made our stay enjoyable. So thank you for all of you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Mrs. Marritta,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found our leisure facilities and restaurants to your liking.

I was especially pleased about your comments on our associates as they truly are the heart and soul of the hotel and you may rest assured that I have shared your comments with them.

The reasons for the terraces of the 8th floor, which is the last floor of the building, not to be available to our guests is purely due to safety issues and while we would love to have them accessible, we have been advised against it.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit and I would like to remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and warm regards

Yves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Was not too excited about the hotel in the beginning. Found it hard to find out where the pub and restaurants of the hotel were located. And nobody seemed to be able to tell me more about things to do around. Felt a little lost. As for a woman alone, there could be more help to make al these things easier. But as I stayed for a few days I started to feel comfortable and noticed all the good care. As for breakfast I loved the blueberry smoothie and I found it remarkable that there was even Mortadella (pork meat) available! I think it is a typical hotel to feel at ease with a family. For a single traveller I would rather go somewhere near the Emirates Palace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the 7th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor, such firsthand feedback is very valuable to us and we always such comments to improve on our service offering.

We should have given you upon arrival a map of the hotel where all our restaurants and bars are clearly indicated and I will look at why this was omitted.

I am happy that you nonetheless enjoyed your stay with us and found our associates to be helpful.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Warm regards

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

What a great all round hotel. I have stayed here twice now and each time it has made my stay very enjoyable. The rooms are well maintained and very comfortable with everything that's needed. The brunch was superb on a Friday if somewhat under subscribed, I couldn't understand why more people didn't go. When I stayed I paid cira £75 per night which made this hotel exceptional value. The attached bar, The London Tavern, is great with a live band on most nights. In my opinion the best traditional pub in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David G
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear David G,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your comments and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The brunch has been recently upgraded by our new Executive Chef and while it has always been of great quality and value, I agree that it is now really superb.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again and I would like to remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you and warm regards

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Hotel is already some years old, what is visible in many areas, but it was not disturbing us at all because the hotel was well managed. We booked a club room with access to the lounge, had breakfast included and a happy hour in the evening at a bar. The club rooms were a bit too small, but on the other hand the bath rooms were very nice and generous. The lounge was small and offered only few things to eat. As a lunch compensation it was sufficient but not for dinner. We know other hotels in Abu Dhabi where the lounge area is offering also warm food for lunch and dinner. But is was ok. A real advantage of this hotel is the spacious outdoor area, with a big beach area and a pool area with two levels. We always, even in the rush our time, found space. Another highlight is the health club, offering a very big training area with lots of tools, two squash courts, sauna, spa, gym, spinning ....tennis. Unfortunately the hotel lost the direct access to the sea some years ago, but it is still better than many other hotels in Abu Dhabi.
Food was ok - no complaints but also no real highlight - still the shanghai la buffet is the benchmark. Breakfast was a bit too much confusion, but maybe because it was real high season end of December.
We would come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Mr. Wagner,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

Your comments have been well appreciated and shared with our team of associates.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you again in the future and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and warm regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

My wife and I come to the Sheraton most weekends to dine we find that not only is it convenient but the food (best in town no matter which restaurant) is superb, along with the good food is great service from very polite very happy staff, who bend over backwards to assist in any way possible.

We have booked to stay over the New Year, I will let you know how the food, entertainment and stay was.

Room Tip: if not for the stay come for the FOOD
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alan E
Dear Alan E,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel’s overall restaurants and bars.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you over NYE and I would appreciate if you could send me a separate note (yves.tarabout@sheraton.com) with either your booking reference or your last name in order for me to personally ensure of your comfort.

Our restaurant are now getting busy for NYE and if you are a buffet enthusiast, I highly recommend Flavours which will have an amazing food offering and very nice entertainment from Tony our resident pianist and singer from Las Vegas.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and warm regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Beautiful hotel made perfect by the fantastic staff, who seemed to have a 'nothing is too much trouble' approach to their jobs.

There are a number of restaurants in the complex and the ones that I tried, all seemed to be excellent.

When I'm next in Abu Dhabi, I won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Julian S
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Julian S,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel posted on tripadvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our overall facilities as well as our restaurant to be of good quality.

I am especially pleased about your comments on our associates attitude as this is what gives life to our customer experiences and you may rest assured that your review has been shared with them already.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when planning your next visit as I would be happy to handle all arrangements personally.

Warm regards

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stopped of In Abu Dhabi for 3 nights returning from Far East. Travelled with friends and pre-booked separate rooms. However on a arrival we were offered an upgrade at additional cost for a two bedroom suite which was enormous, totally separate on suite bedrooms rooms with adjoining lounge/dinning room. This also included free buffet for snacks etc. at different times of the day plus a free bar from 18:00hrs to 20:00 hrs. which proved to be excellent value for the additional cost of the upgrade. The breakfast was something to die for, quality and choice superb.
As stated in other reviews the Christmas Tree in the lobby was fantastic and during the time we were there they were constructing a Ginger Bread house (YES REAL GINGER BREAD) as big as a garden shed in the lobby. There is a man made beach with lagoon together with 2 swimming pools (1 for children) in the grounds + beach / pool bars etc. Please note though 2 tower blocks are under construction overlooking the Hotel and beach complex etc.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite if you can - Great Value.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank vosper66
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and found the upgrade to a suite to be a great value.

The hotel’s Christmas decorations are now completed, after 4 days of hard work, and they look wonderful, it really gives the hotel a feel of the festive season.

I do hope to have the pleasure of meeting you during a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me should you decide to do so in order to handle all arrangements personally.