We stayed in Sheraton for two weeks with family and two children, over Christmas and New Year.
The hotel was quite worn out and the normal club and other rooms really small compared to most hotels in the area. As we had two kids with us we got the chance to move up to a sweet which was spacious and had a good view, partly covered with a construction work with a building just opposite. Anyhow the building work did not disturbe us at all. The royal sweets were the only rooms with something you could call a terrace and I was happy to see them when we moved in, but to our suprise all the doors to the terrace were locked "for safety reasons" they told us. Still there were proper railings, just like in the rooms lower where you could open the doors. The manager said that as the terrace goes around the whole floor they cannot let guests go to the terrrace. I have, however, stayed in many hotels where guests share the terrace and we have never had a problem with that. So if you wish to have some fresh air do not choose these sweets. The beds were very good and comfortable, which at least for me is a very important for a good night sleep. The rooms at the 8th floor were also very quiet during the nights. My daughter and her husband stayed at the 6th floor and they were quite often disturbed by noices from the corridoor by nights. But that, ofcourse you have to blame the other quests, not the hotel.
The sweets were clean, and well taken care of during our stay every day. A bit worn out but OK.
The Club lounches did not offer much. Not worth the extras you pay for them.
The pool area was good and the beach was nice. Not a real long sandy beach where you can walk as it was kind of in the middle of the city but the water was clean and nice to swim. Warm enough for us who come from Finland.
We visited all the restaurants and all of them were good. The New Years evening at the Farmount restaurant even excellent.
The best part of this hotel was the staff though. Wherever we were we got friendly smiles and good service. The staff really made our stay enjoyable. So thank you for all of you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi's shopping and business district, the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort combines the best of business and leisure. Enjoy our private lagoon and resort on the Arabian gulf or try one of the 11 restaurants and bars to choose from. The Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort has everything needed for a perfect stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems and Expedia so you can book your Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel And Resort
- Abu Dhabi Sheraton