“Very nice hotel”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed 3 days in Abu Dhabi and enjoyed staying at the Sheraton. Service at the pool and gym were great. The Lebanese restaurant at the beach was okay, but not amazing. There are skyscrapers under construction almost directly between the beach and the sea, and there is a highway and abandoned construction zone on the other side facing the beach. These were not so great. However, the bed was amazing, the room was really nice, amazing bathroom and welcoming concierge and doormen. It was sometimes difficult to get a decent temp in the shower and after the room was cleaned it smelled very pungently like body odour. Nicely located near the cornice the hotel is in a nice place for taking walks in the evening or just relaxing by the pool. Breakfast was one of the best I had in UAE.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the service quality to be of very high quality.

Your comments have been well noted and shared with our team, you may rest assured that we always use our customer’s feedback to improve on our offering.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We got fantastic deal through Expedia - However our joys were short-lived as when I double checked they aid strictly only 1 child per room. We were forced to take another room adjacent. In lieu of which they offered us a Suite on 5th flr - Still a good deal I thought. Gets you free snacks & cold drinks on 6th flr (Tho we didn't have the time to dig in as we were out all the time. The service was professional but nothing to be overawed about. Suite was large clean & usual amities including a kitchenette with oven & microwave. Ask for a gulf view tho marred by new construction behind the hotel. The breakfast choice was vast and extensive with cold & hot options. Our wi fi was upgraded to fast bandwidth without asking. Especially if you are a starwood guest its a great option lose to the corniche beach & fairly central location. Highly recommend it
Just a small hiccup on last day the AC seemed to go off at night & the Hot water failed but was rectified in no time.

Room Tip: Opt for Pool facing rooms. 5th & 7th floors are club class
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Xstatics,

Many thank you for your feedback – nice to hear that your family spent an enjoyable stay at our hotel and that you would consider recommending Sheraton Abu Dhabi. I hope you were not inconvenienced too much on arrival – we need to limit the number of children per room for safety reasons. As you mentioned, the advantage of our Club Rooms is to enjoy a higher level of comfort and access to the Club Lounge.

Please accept our apology regarding the technical challenges on your last day. I am glad to hear that it did not spoil your overall experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Abu Dhabi.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Cramer

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived late evening from the UK and were greated with friendly efficiency. The room we were first put in smelt dreadfully of smoke but as soon as I rang reception we were moved to a room on the non smoking floor. Despite being frequent world wide travellers It had not occured to us that such things as rooms you could smoke in still existed! Rooms are comfortably furnished and the beds very comfy but oddly the only mirror with any light and an electrical socket to plug the hairdryer into is in the bathroom so you need to be very friendly with whoever is using the rest of the facilities. The restaurants and bars in the hotel are all very pleasant and good value for money. The pool area was a blissful oasis after walking miles along the lovely Corniche which is accessed thourhg an underpass not far from the hotel entrance. Breakfast was very good with a huge choice and would have been worth paying for had we not pre booked it.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MoroccoMad,

Lovely to read such a positive account of your visit to Sheraton Abu Dhabi.

We have noted that you prefer non-smoking accommodation and will ensure for any future stays, that you will be allocated a bedroom accordingly.

I am glad to hear that you found our restaurants of good value and had an enjoyable dining experience.

If you are looking for an oasis again to get away from it all – look no further than Sheraton Abu Dhabi.

Warm wishes,

Martin Cramer

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We arrived from Dubai and were welcomed very kindly and professionally. We asked for a quiet room and that worked well. We had a non smoking club room on the 6th floor. The room was small but adequate. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom large. It looks a bit tired and it's not going to be able to compete much longer with all the ultra new hotels on the Corniche. The club lounge is tiny and basically a converted bedroom on the same floor but it served our needs.
We really wanted this hotel to be a lazy resort where we could relax. We went straight down to the 'private' beach and pool and this was were I became very dismayed. The hotel has a small piece of sand which looks out over a huge building site. There are two huge towers being built directly in front of the hotel. They are extremely ugly and worse still very noisy. I really felt cheated as this wasn't shown in any pictures on the website or as far as I could see noted anywhere in the details. I would not have stayed here if I had known about the building work.
The thing that made me stay was the fantastic lovely staff and our own laziness at finding another hotel. The breakfast was good apart from the smokers. It really is unacceptable to have a smoking section in a restaurant. Every morning it was a packed non smoking section and a near empty smoking section. Overall the staff made this hotel but the hotel is really showing its age and I am sure sooner rather than later it will close and be developed like the rest of the Corniche.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and avoid pool or 'gulf' view as this is were the building work is.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear John,

Thank you very much for leaving comments about your experience at Sheraton Abu Dhabi on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you found your bedroom comfortable and our staff members pleasant and welcoming.
At the same time, I am very sorry to hear that the resort was a source of disappointment for you. Unfortunately in ever-growing and expanding Abu Dhabi, construction works are very frequent. We strive to make the very best of the circumstances ensuring that our guests are inconvenienced as little as possible. We are continuously looking into ways to enhance our guests’ experience in terms of facilities and service and we sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,

Judith Pasztor Duffy

Director of Marketing

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I spend three weeks in Sheraton Abu Dhabi Corniche 4-24 March 2014. Everything was perfect, customer service in particular. From housekeeping to managers, front desk to staff at restaurants all were excellent. They really care that customers are satisfied and if there is any issue they are so responsive to solve it right away.

I would definitely prefer Sheraton in my future bookings.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our associates to be accommodating and professional.

While we did not manage to meet during your visit, I remember our message interactions and would like to thank you for your understanding and hope that I will be able to introduce myself during your next visit.

Do not hesitate to contact me for assistance when planning a future stay as I would like to personally ensure of your comfort.

Yves Tarabout
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very spacious rooms, as well very clean. Couple of times per day being set. I had even a kitchenette in my room. Great offer at breakfast, food is delicious. Take a club room, its is worth - hours the oeuvres in the club lounge are just amazing, you can find so rich offer only in Middle East.
The main point of difference with other hotels is excellent personnel at reception desk up to management. Professional, very friendly, extremely helpful. I had some issues with visa issuing (they mixed the countries and I had to wait at the airport from 4.00 am till morning- As hotel was sponsoring my visa I had to call them during the night - no problem or even any sign of being annoyed when I woke guys in the middle of night.
Highly recommend for business and for leisure staying.

Room Tip: Take a club level room - it is really worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Orjanka,

Many thanks for sharing the kind comments about recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor.

Needless to say, I was very pleased about your overall feedback and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

I was especially happy to read that our associates took good care of you and made you feel welcomed at all times.

The "Sheraton Club" is certainly a good option when staying with us as it offers a superior level of comfort.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again.

Yves Tarabout
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014