“Top Service”

Ranked #48 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
New Zealand
“Top Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well appointed rooms with reasonable space. Rooms include tea and coffee making facilities. The staff are all extremely helpful, throughout the entire hotel. The pool area is well looked after and the private beach is great. They have free kyaks and waterchairs to use. The water and beach are very clean. Smorgasbord meal was fantastic, and you are spoilt for choices!

Room Tip: We had room 437 which was supposed to be non smoking but didn't smell like it :(
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities and quality of food to be of high standards.

I was especially pleased that our associates took good care of you and made you feel welcomed throughout your visit.

I will ensure that the room in which you stayed goes through a deep cleaning to remove any traces of smoke smell.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you once again in Abu Dhabi and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

After arriving at 7:30 am from a long flight , the reception had our room ready by 09:15 am. I really appreciated this as check in time is listed as 3:00 pm! We received an upgrade of our room to Club level on the 6 th floor. The bathroom was one of the largest I've seen for some time, bath and separate shower as well as a separate basin and mirror - outstanding! The bathrobes were very luxurious. The beds are soft , and plush - I really had one of the best nights sleep!

The fitness centre offers wonderful massages at reasonable prices and discounts are offered to Starwood members as well as those making appointments between 10-2 weekdays.
Flavours on the first floor have a substantial lunch buffet complete with sushi , and Indian specialities as well as all the Arabic favourites. Customers are spoilt for choice for dinner options at the various restaurants at the hotel, Mexican, Spanish tapas , Italian or Lebanese. Breakfast from 06:00 am was also excellent - loved the pancakes and waffles. I'd definitely stay here again if in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

I was very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and are even planning a future visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me as I would like to personally ensure your comfort.

We always try our best to accommodate our guests who arrive early, it is however always dependent on our level of occupancy and room availability. I am happy that we managed to do that on that occasion.

Your comments have been well noted and already shared with our team of associates.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Warm regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The location is excellent. Standard rooms were smaller than normal, while the bath area was superb and over-compensated. An old hotel, seemed to have been recently renovated. Hospitality was average. F&B was value for money.

Room Tip: Try for rooms facing The Corniche
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank deepakbiswas
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found our facilities and services to your liking.

I was of course slightly disappointed that you found our hospitality to be average as we always strive to go beyond our customers' expectations when it comes to service quality. It would be very helpful if you could send me a note with more details on your feedback to yves.tarabout@sheraton.com

Thank you once again for sharing your comments with us and warm regards,

Cumbria, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I spent four nights at the Sheraton at the start of April '14 when on business and I have to say I absolutely loved it. I had a prearranged transfer provided by the hotel and despite my flight arriving late, the driver was very courteous, friendly, and a good driver. Definitely recommended.

As for the hotel, the staff are absolutely first-class; everyone was very friendly and the service excellent. I tried the Spanish and Mexican restaurants and they were very good - especially the paella (it will easily feed 3!).

I have nothing negative to say. It was just excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit of the hotel.

Needless to say, I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our associates took good care of you throughout your visit.

Considering the increasing amount of hotels available in the city I truly believe that the quality of service you deliver is what set’s you aside from one another and reading that we manage to offer that to you is wonderful.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Just returned from another visit to the jewel on the Corniche.The moment you walk in the door you are welcomed with a big smile.This was our forth visit in as many years and standards don't slip at the Sheraton.
If you want great value for money and very good service without the false smile then you must visit the Sheraton .
The rooms are very clean and have beds that you really do struggle to get out of. Fruit cocktails and cool down hand towels are a nice touch around the pool and beach areas.
If you want a top tip upgrade to club level which includes breakfast and access to the club lounge.
The girls at the cloud none bar ensure that your drink never runs dry and they welcome you to the bar by name.
The building work around the Corniche and doesn't effect your R&R,and it's almost finished.
The Tavern pub show all the sports channels so you won't miss a game and has live music and a number of restaurants at the resort to choose from.

We have already booked for next year !

In summary great location,excellent value for money and staff who ensure that all is well.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club level
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Barbstu,

Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel, it was a real pleasure meeting you and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

I have already shared your comments with our team of associates who take great pride in delivering an enjoyable experience to our guests.

We are very much looking forward to receiving you next year

Once again, thank you for your kind review and warm regards

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is the third time that we are staying in this hotel. We keep coming back because they keep delivering.

Whilst the hotel doesn't have the glitz and glamour that some of the newer hotels do, it makes up for it in old charm and classic features. The rooms are a little small but the bed is great and bathrooms are some of the nicest ones I have seen...although the ones that have the vanity and mirror outside the bathroom are slightly annoying.

The pool area is the best we have experienced in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain for kids. The kids pool and waterslide area great for them. There is a small lagoon/beach. There is construction going on over the lagoon but this is not the hotels fault. Construction is what happens in the UAE!

One of the best features of this hotel is the package that gives you 50% off the second room when staying with kids. They also get to eat free. This is great as you get extra room so kids can sleep and you don't disturb them at night with TV and showering etc. Kids meals are also good as you can choice of sides including salad and vegies.

Staff are very friendly and no request is an issue for them.

Have stayed here three times now and will be back for a fourth.

Room Tip: We have always had pool/resort view room and have enjoyed these
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

I was especially happy to see that our associates took good care of your entire family and that your children enjoyed our leisure facilities.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you for a fourth time in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Warm regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had one of the weirdest experience with this hotel. We have booked our rooms from Booking.com, and when we reached there, they told us there is no booking under our names. We asked them for a room, but the prices were much higher than in the internet, so we went to another hotel. The following day, they have called us and asked us, why haven't reached yet!! We told them about our experience. They haven't regretted or even gave us a refund.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 422Sumaya
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on tripadvisor.

I have to admit that I was surprised to read of your experience and have trouble understanding how this would be possible.

Considering that you are referring to a stay in June of last year I would appreciate if you could contact me directly to ensure that there are no confusions made.

Please write me on: yves.tarabout@sheraton.com