“Time tested service with a smile”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #50 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Time tested service with a smile”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have been staying at the Sheraton frequently over the past two years. The fine service and customer attentiveness make it a pleasure to keep returning. Their summer rates are a steal and the service just gets better as the heat rises. I had a potentially minor problem with service at their excellent and authentic Mexican restaurant but it was spotted and resolved by the staff before I even had a chance to say something. Kudos to staff and management.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mike M
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mike M,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that our associates take good care of you during each of your visits as they are the heart and soul of our hotel.

You may rest assured that your comments have already been shared with the team with a special thank you to the El Sombrero team.

Warm regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
From Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have just spent 5 nights at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi and enjoyed every minute of it. The resort facilities are excellent including the swimming pools, lagoon, gym & Spa. Rooms are very clean & comfortable. 5 very nice restaurants with live entertainment each night. The staff were fantastic, friendly, pleasant, very attentive to your every request. My husband lost his wallet with credit cards, driving licence, money etc. in a taxi & Mr Hussein Ramadan Tailoun Dep Director Lobby, took control and tracked down the taxi to Dubai, contacted the driver & had the wallet returned within one hour, brilliant service.

Room Tip: I requested a non smoking room with a view of beach & lagoon
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

I am very happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday with us and found our facilities to be well suited for your needs.

I had heard about the wallet incident and it is very good news that Hussein managed to retrieve it for you.

Your comments have been well noted and shared with our team.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Watched the lifeguards doing their training this morning. One swam into some rocks, another needed goggles, and another actually swam into me!
When doing a side tow, I was genuinely concerned that I'd have to jump in and rescue them both, as so much water was being swallowed. They were wearing Sheraton uniforms, so I don't think they were all beginners.
One guard is also expected to watch two pools simultaneously.

None of the guards I saw would pass a test in the UK, USA or Australia.

The pool area is great, soft sun loungers and plenty of them, but make sure you keep an eye on your kids at all times.
The rooms are comfy and the welcome good.
Don't pay for premium WiFi, it was regularly less than 100kbps, with which you'll struggle to maintain a Skype conversation let alone a cheeky bit of Netflix. Even trusty Gmail gave up a few times. I tested that on 3 different devices.
I spoke to the hotel about it. They sent a very helpful IT guy and it improved for a bit, but still underwhelming.
All the staff have been fantastic, and it's a nice hotel for chilling out in. I'd just worry about people getting into trouble in the pools.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BillySFood
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities to your liking and our associates to be welcoming and attentive to our guest’s needs.

I regards to our Life guards, you may rest assured that they are all certified as per the requested Abu Dhabi Government Law and that they train regularly to maintain their fitness levels at all times. The security of our guests and associates are of prime importance to us and we will never compromise of that.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent a night in the hotel this week and have spent many a week here over the past year. My room was of very high quality, clean, with a wonderful bed that I have fallen in love with.
The hotel has it's own seaside beach with seating and big boy and children's toys in the sandy alcove. There are also two pools, kids pool and adult pool with lounges.
There are beachside restaurants with specific country foods. I'll be writing a review on the Lebanese restaurant (Al Amaya's), look for that if you are interested. I will say here that it was extremely good.
The staff was very attentive to my needs...case in point, I had a question and the Duty Manager sat down with me to resolve my minor concern. Very professional.

Room Tip: Get an grade to a business room. 2nd floor was great, quiet, and dark at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dr. Reid,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and made good use of the available facilities, restaurants and bars during your visit.

The comments you have shared with our Duty manager have already been discussed and action upon, thank you for this observation.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Warm regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We only booked 1 night at the Sheraton for a weekend away and when we arrived at 3pm they told us that the resort view room we had booked had run out, so we would be upgraded to a room on a higher floor where the room interior was nicer, but where the view was of a road. We accepted this, but we were then told that even the replacement room wasn't ready at 3pm and we would need to wait for it to be cleaned. They had no idea how long this would last. On the one hand you're telling me I'm too late and the other I'm too early. We were eventually able to check in at 4.15pm. Not ideal. The valet parking outside was chaotic and collecting your car takes eons. The room was clean and average, no complaints. The beach club is probably the highlight if you have kids as it has two pools, a little lagoon and lots of water sports - if you don't have kids beware - it is rammed with kids. The security guard on the front of the beach club wasn't very welcoming just demanding evidence that we were actually staying at the hotel. No drinks offered whilst we sat on the beach and when we bought a magazine from the little shop she made a fuss because my husband signed the bill and my name was the one on reception - a fair challenge, but then take both of our signatures at check in because we both need to put things on the room. Overall, not very impressed. Lots of other outstanding hotels in Abu Dhabi, no need to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonCymruambyth
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us.

I was in one hand happy that you enjoyed our leisure facilities and different water sport options on offer, however I was disappointed with your overall experience.

The hotel was indeed very busy at the time of your arrival but we should have handled the arrival process as well as your overall experience in a better way.

I have shared your comments with our team of associates and will ensure that we look at what happened to improve it from now on. We normally have high praises for our customer focus and attention and we obviously did not deliver as we are accustomed to on this occasion.

I hope that you will nonetheless stay with us again in the future and give us the opportunity to prove you that we are worth better than this experience. I remain at your disposal should you decide to do so to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and warm regards

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was my first stay in Abu Dhabi and I loved every minute at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort.

The facilities, service etc was all outstanding. It is possibly one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

In particular I enjoyed the resort area and the choice of restaurants at the hotel.

I would highly recommend staying here if like me you are tired of walking in Dubai and simply want somewhere to relax!

My personal thanks to Bini and Diana for making my stay so enjoyable. I will return without a doubt.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Paren
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Paren,

Many thanks for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments have been well noted and shared with our team of associates who take pride in delivering a positive experience to our guests.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

London
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed last week for 1 night only. requested 1 king bed non smoking and got one but it was on a smoking floor and the room did smell of smoke and stale air, must come through the a/c system. I did call reception after checking in and they told me it was fine. Room was okay, slightly tired and some money needs to be spent to upgrade the hotel if they want to compete with all the new flashy 5* hotels. Service was fine and location excellent, did not like having to pay for the valet parking should be free for guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DJGLondon
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am sorry that your experience was not as good as we would have wanted it to be, your comments have been well noted and discussed with our team.

I was surprised about your valet parking comments as we offer it at no charges for our in-house guests and I will check what may have happened.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally to ensure of your comfort.