“Fab experience ”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #58 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great welcome, great staff, great value, great pool bar, great food so overall it was great lol we enjoyed a club room and facilities for a weekend break from Dubai, very enjoyable and compliments to the team here and we look forward to visiting again...

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Gavin P
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Gavin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience – I will be sure to share it with my team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again when you are back to Abu Dhabi next time.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Cramer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,635)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We a family of six stayed here for four nights from the 7th-11th of August 2014.
The hotel is conveniently located and everything is just a short taxi ride away.
i booked this hotel from the UK, i booked directly by calling the hotel and got a better deal than what was on the internet. A man called Yusuf dealt with my booking and was very helpful, polite and courteous. (I even decided to show my appreciation by picking up something for him at Duty Free while at Heathrow) I am glad I did because on our arrival to the hotel I found out we had been upgraded to the presidential suite.
We got the only one in the hotel and it was pure luxury, it consisted of 2 massive bedrooms, about 7 balconies, a large dining room, a kitchen, a large corridor, a massive living room, a dressing room and loads of comfy seats and cushions and seating areas and also two lovely bathrooms.
The children ran around and counted 9 telephones in the suite, The suite could have easily slept double our family size comfortably. The decor was really lovely, some people say it is old fashioned but I think its lovely from the painting, to the chandeliers to the marble floor. i have stayed at 5 stas Sheraton Timeshare resorts but it was nice to be in a hotel for a change. The staff were very friendly and attentive. They always greeted us with a smile and asked if there was anything that we needed.

We had access to the Club Lounge, that too was really nice, in fact the evenings we went there we didn't have to have an evening meal as the snacks provided were practically as filling as a normal meal. There were salads, mini burgers, samosas, seafood, chicken, cheeses and various other food and drinks. The attendant, Oli Rabi Ullah, there was absolutely fantastic. I hope the management of this hotel read this review and commend him. He was so polite and always ready to serve us no matter how many times the kids requested for drinks. He always served us with a smile and cleared the tables promptly. Nothing was too much for him to do, even when it was 5 minutes to the Lounge closing time, he happily served us snacks and drinks even making hot chocolate for the children.
The breakfast at this hotel was fantastic, there was a variety of options, from the usual cereal and toast, there was sausages, bacon, fruit, sushi, and omelettes made to order and many other things, too many to mention here. The staff were very courteous and helpful.
The swimming pool was quite containing for my children, it wasn't too big or too small. There was a baby pool, a children's pool with a slide and an adult pool with a bar. Along side the children's pool there was a climbing frame, with a slide and monkey bars. There is also a small beach behind the pools, it was small but adequate enough and was never crowded and felt very safe. There were options for activities such as banana boat rides, which we didn't do. There is a kids club but we didn't bother to use it.
A lot of the reviewers here have spoken about the construction going on, but who cares about whats going on outside, it never bothered us and we never heard any noise and our suite had various views, but we were never put off by the construction.
The hotel is well kept and maintained and the cleaners cleaned the room perfectly.
It was my first visit to Abu Dhabi, as we usually go to Dubai but I must say I was very impressed.
A big thank you to the man who cleaned our room, the lovely ladies and gentlemen at the front desk, to the people who served and helped out at breakfast time, to the pool attendants, to the concierge and especially to Yusuf at the front desk and Oli Rabi Ullah at the executive lounge.
Room Tip: If you are booking this hotel, book a room with access to the executive lounge, it is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: If booking, definitely choose a room with the Club Lounge access it is definitely worth it
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank paradisea
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and thorough review of your recent stay with us, I was very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed our facilities.

I was most satisfied by your comments on our team of associate and then way they made you feel welcomed and well looked after.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Abu Dhabi and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Check in was so fast then we went to the room which was so clean and so nice bathroom with free wifi and water during our two days there then we get very nice amenities
The room wasn't small as I heard before I book

The break fast was extremely perfect
A lot of choices for food drinks everything you wish for your blessed breakfast was there. Life station for omlit

We ordered some light dinner from Private dining they were super fast and the ceaser salad was delicious

Special thanks for all the housekeeping department they cleaned our room around 4 or 5 times they really brought the name of Sheraton

I highly recommend it and coming back soon
Perfect 5 stars hotel
Keep it up

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am happy that you enjoyed your visit and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again.

Do not hesitate to contact me to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I felt safe here as solo female traveller. Near to Corniche walkway. Downside was the Hop on Hop off bus did not stop near it. Hotel called bus to make sure the bus stopped for me on Corniche. Not the nicest view but excellent bed and bathroom, recommended.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Daltrent
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Ms. Daltrent,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, found the facilities to your liking, the environment to be safe and our associates accommodating.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have spent a numbers, of times in this hotel & resort, in general it is an old hotel etc, but has been kept in pretty good shape. The food choices are excellent as is the gym, the swimming pool area maybe could be updated, but is acceptable

Room Tip: I usually get a club room on the 3rd floor, facing the pools and man-made beach. The rooms are a lit...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 01Swallow
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities and would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me during a future visit as I would like to meet with you.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very helpful and friendly service at this hotel. The rooms were spacious, well appointed and clean, and the air conditioning worked perfectly. (And you need it!) Comfortable king sized bed. The service from start to finish was spot on. Breakfasts were a treat, good food and variety.
Not really near anything. A little on the expensive side.
Try to have a deal that includes airport transfers, it's a LONG way to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

Very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and food offering.

I was especially pleased with your comments on the service provided by our associates, you may rest assured that your comments have been shared with them.

I am not sure which way you (the taxi) took to come as with the new Salam street tunnel the hotel around 20 to 25 minutes is door to door to the Abu Dhabi Airport.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here with my family in August 2013 but its never too late to post a review.

We got 3 rooms on the SPG floor, two of which were connecting and this was very useful as we had children with us. All rooms were pool view and had wifi access - however the internet was a quite slow.

We all loved the swimming pools - the family pool had a nice slide which the kids loved.

The staff were excellent from the moment we stepped into the hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient as were the rest of the staff including house keeping. This really made a difference to our stay and the main reason for giving the hotel 5/5. I have recommended this hotel to friends and family and will definitely be staying here again.

The decor was a bit dated and the balcony was very dusty. Housekeeping was very efficient and cleaned the balcony after we pointed this out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Redlion_uk
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review.

I was very happy to read that our associates took good care of you and your family during your visit and made you feel looked after at all times. They are the heart and soul of our hotel and you may rest assured that your feedback has been shared with them. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangement personally.