1,748 results
All reviewsflavours restaurantla mammael sombrerotavern pubcloud barclub roompool barprivate beachenglish pubsmall balconycorniche roadhealth clubconstruction sitekids poolnon smokingrestaurants and barsfantastic stay
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Excellent facilities - great location however the staff were unfriendly and not particilarly helpful. The service around the pool area and at breakfast was really appalling and we were ignored most of the time! The breakfast service was poor, although the food was great and don't ask for tea or more coffee! They present the bill to you before you've even eaten - even though we explained that we had already paid for breakfast as part of the package!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Dear Columbas,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay in our hotel and while I am happy that you enjoyed our facilities, our location and the food we serve I was well disappointed that you felt the service levels in some areas were not at par level.

Please note that your comments are being discussed with the relevant department and we are certainly looking at what can be done to avoid such occurrences to happen again.

I would like to remain at your disposal should you wish to pass on more detailed feedback of your stay with us.

Once again thank you and kind regards

Reviewed 22 October 2010

I did give my suggestions to improve but it seems the management is not that serious to improve. No doubt the rooms are very small but you get variety of food choices. This is one of the best quality I find in it. Services are at acceptable level but certainly should improve and specially the front desk. The hotel itself reflects the best standard but staffs do not meet the standard. Being one of the starwood high ranking guest, find hotel front desk and its managment are least bother to comply acclaimed standards by the starwood groups.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Aghazali,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent experience with us and rest assured that we do take them seriously and always have in mind to constantly improve on our promise to our guests.

I am happy that you found the hotel’s facilities comfortable and enjoyable and sorry on the other hand that you were not satisfied with the service levels offered from our associates.

I would appreciate if you were to contact me directly (I am the Deputy General Manager of the hotel) in order to get some more detailed feedback on your experience with us so we can tackle the issues at hand and ensure that we deliver a flawless experience to other guests at all time.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 October 2010

Impressive resort located in Abu Dhabi's Corniche: as soon as you enter the lobby, you realize that the hotel is different from others. Service is excellent, rooms are simply huge (I've seen rooms in other hotels smaller than the toilet/bath I had here), there is a private beach (of course don't expect a Caribbean one), gym is amazing with a lot of actvities (pilates, body building), spa, pool, restaurants.....I would recommend dinning in the restaurant over the sea: food is good, service is (again) excellent and the charm is priceless

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Dear Andy,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write doing such wonderful comments about our property and our associates.

We proud ourselves about the quality of our service to our customers and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again thank you and warm regards

Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed here for 11 nights in September & had a great time. We didn't do much but thoroughly enjoyed the hotel & its facilities. It also helped that we got a fantastic deal through Lastminute.com which made the trip fantastic value for money. We found AD to be so much cheaper than Dubai & well worth a visit & if you do, don't hesitate to stay at the Sheraton. The Sheraton is a fab hotel, offering great value for money in a lovely location & is ideal if you don't want to meet many other holiday makers as most of the guests are business men or the odd person stopping over for a night or two on their way home to Oz or New Zealand.

What we liked was:
The rooms had everything you would want & one of the best bathrooms we've had on our travels.
The pool area was gorgeous & totally uncrowded with very relaxing loungers
Prices were very affordable (unlike Dubai) for drinks & food
The location of the hotel is very convenient for anything in AD.
The decor of the hotel is very pleasing to the eye
Free internet access for 1 hr (although it was very slow)
The prices of drinks & food - quite a surprise!

What could be better:
The hotel food! The variety was good but the quality was very poor, in fact it was dire! We ate several nights in the hotel trying the various restaurants but none were good enough to recommend & in the Mexican customers were actually walking out as they were so slow in serving the awful food.
The pool staff don't try hard to provide service, they could really increase sales if they just approached & offered help to guests. They only provided a service if you approached them & after 11 days there was no sign of recongition/acknowledgement from them which was very poor over an 11 day stay. Also staff from the hairdressers constantly out smoking in the pool area 'ogling' bathers isn't very nice at all.
Service is not a patch on Dubai hotels but is still ok

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Ann,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write down your comments about your stay with us, as it is such firsthand feedback which assist us in improving our services constantly.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you found the hotel facilities and location to your liking.

On the other hand I was well disappointed that our team failed to impress you when it came to your dining experience with us as we are normally a very well regarded destination for restaurants in Abu Dhabi. You may rest assured that your comments will be discussed during our operational meetings, especially when it comes to the lack of recognition and attention from our service team in our pool and beach area.

Once again thank you for untrusting us with your stay

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayeed here for two nights and i have to say i would not ba back. it was a stop over on way back from thailand and we wished we stayed longer in thailand. the hotel has lovely pool and serves nice breakfast but thats all it has. the staff where very intimidating and not welcoming. we had paid for club room which included breakfast but they kept trying to charge us for breakfast. while club lounge was nice and served lovely wines and prob had the only nice staff in the hotel. upon checking out they made payment very stressful and we where never made feel like guests. the bedrooms where so small impossible to keep tidy. i definitely wouldnt be back and woud not call service or rooms 5star but would call hotel least value for money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank etravelsdublin
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2010

Dear “etravelsdublin”,

thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry that your stay at our hotel was not up to your expectations and would like to apologize for the obvious inconvenience we caused you. Since I am unable to ascertain what exactly went wrong during your stay as I neither know your name nor the date of your stay, I would like you to contact me directly on thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com to let me know more details in order for us to review your complain and if necessary, make the appropriate adjustments in our operating procedures. As you can see from the majority of reviews posted on TripAdvisor, we usually score high marks on our customer service and I would therefore be very interested to learn what we did do wrong to disappoint you. If your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi, I would appreciate it if you were to contact me directly in order to give our hotel a second chance and for us to prove to you that your untoward experience at our hotel was an isolated one. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel in the near future and to meet you personally.

Yours sincerely,