“Excellent Hotel for a Weekend Break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #48 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent Hotel for a Weekend Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2010

We found Sheraton Abu Dhabi to be excellently located and a great resort for relaxation purposes.
The room was perfect for just the two of us and the room service personnel were extremely friendly.
For just a short weekend break we loved the hotel and its facilities and would love to come back for a longer vacation.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 28 December 2010
Dear Ms. Harkink,

Thank you very much for posting a TripAdvisor review after your stay at our hotel. I was very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all the facilities and services met your expectation. I have taken note that you were especially pleased with the service provided by our in-room dining personnel and I have taken the liberty to share your kind comments with the team in the department and they are very happy that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. I have also taken note that you intend to return to our property in the future and I would be pleased to setup your next reservation for you – please contact me at the hotel directly once your itinerary for your next visit has been finalized and I will do the necessary. I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Abu Dhabi and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards and best wishes for a successful and peaceful new Year,

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

Dear all,
today i like to share with you my last expierence with the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort. It was such a pleasure to be back home and to spend some days in one of my favorite Hotels. It starts with a friendly person who picks you up from the Airport und the warm welcome i got when I checked in, it was such a pleasure after a really busy week for me. The team from the Sheraton are knowing how to make stay unforgetable and really, really nice.
Furthermore, after you have checked in and you get a great gudieance and all my questions i had have been professional being answers, and you feedl that these people are behind and really all willing to help you. The rooms are a tream espcially the beds where you can spend days to sleep as they are so comfortable, better than home :) .
To give you and overview which facilites our outlets you have to use let me start with my favorite bar the Coud Nine where nice people welcome you and you and where you have a relaxing evening, as well if you seafood and i love seafood specially on a Wednesday they Flavours will give you a warm welcome and you will enjoy a great evening.
Even the other outlets like the La Mamma or El Sombrero offer you a great selection of international cusine. even they have agreat GYM and Pool Area, but this stay i found not the time to work out, as i realy enjoyed to try all the outlets and their nice selection of Food and Beverage.
In my opinion and I spend a lot of time in hotels, the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel and Resort, is must it is agreat pleasure to be there and I feel like being home that is one of the reasons to be hopefully back soon.
The meetings i had here with my business partners which well organized and well done, what to say more.
My special thanks goes to Ruth from the Cloud Nine lounge, Lars from the Flavours, Christopher the Executive Chef and to the rest of the Chefs the wood was WOW : many thanks, you offered me great time which i will not forget. Looking forward to be back soon until than I wish you a Merry X-mas and a happy new year thanks to the Sheraton Management WELL DONE Thank you very much.

With kind regards
Oliver Klingbeil

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 22 December 2010
Dear Mr. Klingbeil,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review after your recent stay at our hotel. I was very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my colleagues were able to look after you during your tenure with us and that the facilities and services met your expectations. I have taken the liberty to share your kind comments with the colleagues you have mentioned in your review and I can assure you that they are very pleased that their efforts to make your stay with us a comfortable one did not go unnoticed. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

On check in was asked to provide credit card for a deposit. It was declined. Gave another credit card it was declined. I was asked to phone my bank, on my own mobile at my cost. There were no problems with either card. Check in admitted their machine was having problems. Told to pay cash or I could let them photocopy my card!! Great give them my card so they can clone it. This should never be asked. Ended up having to give them all my cash. Following morning Yes indeed their credit card machines had had problems the night before. Really bad considering I was a preffered guest, they could see my details on screen and I had used the credit card two days prior to secure the room. Treated like a criminal and made to feel it was my fault they had technical issues when it was clearly their fault.

Had room service due to late check in. The person who delivered was more interested in watching my tv when he delivered. Actually left the room watching the tv!

Breakfast on second day was met by a queue of 20 or more people all complaining they had been waiting 30 minutes already. Could not wait due to business appointment. Mentioned this to reception and they refused to offer any credit for the missed breakfast or any explanation.

Went to the pool bar in the early evening, my only time to actually enjoy the hotel facilities. Sat down to be treated to an argument between the staff who were obvioulsy in serious disarray with glasses unwashed all over the place. Seems they were arguing who was going to wash up. For my second drink they were about to give me an unwashed glass!!

Had a meal in the Italian. Tried to ask what accompanied the steak in terms of vegetables. Due to language I ended up with no vegetables or salad.

Rooms are ok bathrooms are well done but they have a serious build fault which means you can hear both the corridor activity and the bedrooms next door. Not so great when there is a couple agruing night one and a baby screaming at 10 - 12 PM night two.

In the UK terms this would not be a five star hotel and be in the region of 3/4. It only has the five star because of facilities.

Seems there is a blame culture here on reading other reviews; management blaming staff etc. I always thought that you lead from the top. I certainly dont blame issues in my business on my staff as it is my responsibility to ensure they know how to treat my clients. In the hotel trade service is the key and this is a serious problem at this hotel.

Some staff were great such as the poor lady in the pool bar who after listening to the arguments just got on and washed up. Staff in the first floor bar were also considerate and attentive however they are being let down by those staff members who really dont care or know how to behave correctly in front of clients.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ben22069
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 21 November 2010
Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay and that you felt that the services rendered by my colleagues was not up to our usual high standard.

We have reviewed your comments in detail and rather that explaining to you our findings, I would appreciate it if you were to give our hotel another try in order for us to prove to you that your experience at our hotel was not the norm. I would appreciate it if you were to contact me directly at the hotel and let me know when your travel plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi in order for me to make amends – I am confident that your next stay with us will be up to your expectations and that we will be able to change your mind about our hotel. Incidentally, I have also received your written comments you had left for my attention upon check-out and I will reply to your email address separately in order for you to have my full contact details.

Once again, my apologies for a disappointing stay with us. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

J Thomas C van Opstal
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

I found Sheraton Abu Dabhi at Corniche Road a warm and hospitable place; It is well located next to important offices and is a 10-minute walk from a long sea-front promenade which is very pleasant in the evening or early morning. Service is good and people are very hospitable. Rooms are well-laid with enough plug points, ideal for business travellers.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
Dear Roshni01,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel – I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the service of my colleagues and the facilities up to your expectations. We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel in a club room for 5 days. Overall I would say it is ok but there are issues.

Starting with the good points, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was big, yes overall the room is small but for me that wasnt an issue as I wasnt in it for long unless I was sleeping. The lagoon is very nice, the water is lovely and warm and there are plenty of loungers, the pool area is also good though a little busier. The restaurants arent too bad, I tried the Italian and the Spanish, both were good. The breakfast wasnt too bad, there is a good selection of food.

However now onto the bad points. As others have mentioned the staff can vary between the helpful and cheerful to the totally disinterested and grumpy. There are some who have little or no grasp of English so making yourself understood was a challenge, and I was only asking for a coke. Yes at breakfast they do give you a bill before you finish (or not at all its luck of the draw) and like others my breakfast was included in the rate, surely a little bit of training could stop this. Ok none of the checks appeared on my bill but it is disconcerting. Next the concierge was not that helpful, wanting to eat Indian one night I asked them for a restaurant, which they supplied and it was good (so far so good) The problem came when I asked where it was, through very broken English and a map I was shown where he thought it was, and it seemed to be 5 minutes from the hotel. In fact it was nowhere near where he said, it was off the main road down some back streets that even the taxi driver had trouble finding.

Next the service round the pool/lagoon was patchy. Unlike other Sheratons the staff here did not make an effort to come round and see if you wanted a drink, or to offer a lunch menu. This must be a missed opportunity to make money because I would invariably go and get drinks from elsewhere, and cheaper than the hotel.

There were the odd issue with the room, sometimes water wasnt left, or a razor but to be fair a call to guest services and the missing items were delivered very quickly.

Overall it is in a good location and it was relaxing break there are just some staffing issues the management need to address but they are never around to discuss this with, and their customer comment card doesnt really invite you to express these issues.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 2 November 2010
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay at our hotel, it is only by receiving first hand customer comments that we can improve our services.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you found our rooms and facilities to your liking.

On the other hand I would like to apologies for not always meeting your expectations in regards to service standards in some areas of the hotel and for the sake of addressing the issues I would like to go through them step by step.

I regards to breakfast, it is a standard for Sheraton hotels to give our customers the bill very rapidly (once they go to the buffet for the first time). Having each guest sign the bill whether the breakfast is included or not is mearly a written confirmation that the breakfast was consumed and our system has all the information in place to ensure that we post the charges accordingly. We could have someone check each guest name or room number upon arrival in the restaurant but it would make the process longer and create queues during busier times. In order to avoid the doubt when signing the check, it would have been appropriate for one of our associates to inform you of that procedures.

We are going to address the point of the challenges you have faced in our bell desk.

I certainly appreciate your comments in regards to the service around the beach and pool area and we are presently working on a system which will allow a wider and more regular coverage of the resort in order to not only ensure that our guests are serviced when ever needed but also in a friendly manner. As you said, it can only improve the revenues of the hotel. We have just hired additional supervisors for the pool and beach which should allow us to improve rapidly.

I would like to re-assure you that as a management we take such comments very seriously and in order to increase on the communication with our guests we have created a system of “Lobby Ambassadors” where every morning, lunch time and evening one of our department head including of myself (deputy general manager) and our General Manager are present in the hotel lobby to meet with our customers and ensure to always be aware of their feedback.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion

I remain at your disposal should you need anything from the hotel in the future

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Excellent facilities - great location however the staff were unfriendly and not particilarly helpful. The service around the pool area and at breakfast was really appalling and we were ignored most of the time! The breakfast service was poor, although the food was great and don't ask for tea or more coffee! They present the bill to you before you've even eaten - even though we explained that we had already paid for breakfast as part of the package!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear Columbas,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay in our hotel and while I am happy that you enjoyed our facilities, our location and the food we serve I was well disappointed that you felt the service levels in some areas were not at par level.

Please note that your comments are being discussed with the relevant department and we are certainly looking at what can be done to avoid such occurrences to happen again.

I would like to remain at your disposal should you wish to pass on more detailed feedback of your stay with us.

Once again thank you and kind regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

I did give my suggestions to improve but it seems the management is not that serious to improve. No doubt the rooms are very small but you get variety of food choices. This is one of the best quality I find in it. Services are at acceptable level but certainly should improve and specially the front desk. The hotel itself reflects the best standard but staffs do not meet the standard. Being one of the starwood high ranking guest, find hotel front desk and its managment are least bother to comply acclaimed standards by the starwood groups.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Aghazali,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent experience with us and rest assured that we do take them seriously and always have in mind to constantly improve on our promise to our guests.

I am happy that you found the hotel’s facilities comfortable and enjoyable and sorry on the other hand that you were not satisfied with the service levels offered from our associates.

I would appreciate if you were to contact me directly (I am the Deputy General Manager of the hotel) in order to get some more detailed feedback on your experience with us so we can tackle the issues at hand and ensure that we deliver a flawless experience to other guests at all time.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon

Kind regards