“A good experience”

Ranked #87 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Thurles
“A good experience”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My trip with my husband to Abu Dhabi as a first visit to the UAE for both of us. it was prompted by the fact that our daughter is working there and has been for a couple of years.
The UAE was never hign on my list of holiday destinations but as our daughter has travelled quite a bit we always try to visit the countries in which she works.
My knowledge of the UAE or Abu Dhabi before the trip were limited to my conversations with my daughter so i was lookng forward to seeing if my own experience lived up.
we found the staff extremely helpful and pleasent from the check-in throughout our stay. we used all the facilities and really enjoyed the use of the fitness centre and the roof top pool.
we were happier with the breakfast we got in the Downtown restaurent than the regular breakfast upstairs offered upstairs, it is on that that i base my review of breakfast. overall a very enjoyable stay and we were offered a complimentary late check-out the day we left as we had a late flight.

Room Tip: we had a sea view from the 12th Floor which was really lovely expecially the night of a Thunder Stor...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tonigleeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Generally very pleased with my stay with most staff being very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge and also the chefs and staff at breakfast.

Few things not so good were -
Don't believe there are COCKTAILS in the Club Lounge because there are not. There are alcoholic drinks with mixers but not cocktails such as Margherita, Martini Cocktail, Long Island Ice Tea (These are cocktails). This is advertised and needs to be changed as it is incorrect.
Bath is VERY small. I am 5ft 2in and was squashed.
Staff look miserable on reception and also the management on reception. Some didn't even make eye contact. The only exception was a girl who I imagine was from Africa, who was lovely.

Overall it was ok.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 5Anonymous
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Khalidiya for a few days while in Abu Dhabi on business. The Hotel is nicely situated, with easy access to business areas and the beach and beachfront hotels.

My overall rating is shown as average, but it was better than that, just not good enough to get marked as very good maybe 3 1/2 would be a more representative score!

Reception staff were excellent, check in was efficient and friendly.

Rooms are large and comfortable, with an area that used to be a kitchen just inside the door, leading into the main bedroom. I think this property used to be a suite hotel, but is now a standard Sheraton. The hotel is not the newest in Abu Dhabi, it's not shabby or dirty, just a little dated in some areas, especially the bathrooms.

Breakfast was good, with a wide ranging buffet, both Arabic and Western (though without any pork products). Downstairs is an English style pub, expensive but good quality food and drink.

Parking is a valet park service into a secure car park on a nearby street, which was always quick and efficient.

I would stay here again for business, but for leisure would look for somewhere a little livlier and modern.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Sydney
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Situated in downtown Abu Dhabi the Sheraton Khalidiya is ideally situated for business stays in Abu Dhabi.
I was upgraded to a suite and it was awesome.
The rooms are clean and very tidy, the restaurant food is excellent, the staff all very friendly and - if you are accompanied by family - it is only a very short walk to the protected beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Arabian Gulf...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LoveTheTropicsSydney
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Having lived in Abu Dhabi I knew the hotel but hadn't stayed. Got an amazing price thru booking.com and was surprised at just how good everything was. The service from all the staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were large, comfortable and very clean. We had sea views which was an added bonus. A great location for downtown Abu Dhabi. If you can get this hotel at a great rate, it can't be beaten.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank LFLAUH
Tannous K, Deuty General Manager at Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the sheraton khalidiya hotel to stay and sharing the great experience and services during your stay.
Please feel free to contact me any time for future assistance.

best personal regards,

sheraton.com
Stay connected...
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Khalidiya for two nights in this January. Would I recommend this hotel to a friend or stay here again? You bet. You just can’t beat the value. I got a twin room for $120 a night (inclusive of all taxes and surcharges). The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a group of ten of us that came to watch Tiger play in the Abu Dhabi Championships. On discovering this, they upgraded one of our rooms to a suite which connected to another one of our rooms. This way we had a place where we could all meet when we were in the hotel. It was great of them to do this for us.

The hotel was very clean and our room was great. The hotel offered free WI-FI but only in the lobby. The lobby also had three computers with Internet access that were available for guests to use. The hotel also has a great Irish style pub in it. The hotel is very close to the corniche but is not to be confused with the other Sheraton that is right on the cornice.

I have uploaded lots of pictures of the hotel for you to get a better picture of what it is like.

If you found my review helpful, please let me know that by clicking the Helpful Button. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We spent a night over the week end. With the kids we take 2 rooms. The welcome is warm and check in is fast and kind. The rooms are simple but big and confortable. The entrance when arriving by car is awkward.
One very good thing at the reception, is that there is a visible and idntified defibrillator.
Check out simple as well. We realised later in the day that we forgot something in one of the room.
We called the hotel, they took the description and the room number and phone number. 20minutes later we were called back and stuff were ready for pick up. Very smoothand easy.
A place to recommend.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Karimkh
Tannous K, Depuy General Manager at Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel to stay and share your experience.
Your feedback is very vaulable to us to keep the team improving.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any assistance.

My best personal regards,