“Very Disappointing”

Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel
Ranked #85 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I thought it was Sheraton Hotel only to find out that they were stripped of the franchise!

I know why, because the hotel is run-down! The furniture needs updating. Just as soon as you arrive in the Lobby, you will have a hard time managing your luggage because it is elevated & they do not have a slide for the wheels, only stairs! Reception is in the 1st Floor!

Breakfast costs USD30++, but not that good! Location is in the highway - not safe if you have kids! They also have a mini-pool in the rooftop.

However, there are good points as well - the staff... Sherif, the Telephone Operator is the best I have encountered, very cooperative & helpful as well. And ofcourse the Filipino Bellman, who became our Information Desk as well.

Sorry, but I will not come back to this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: get the room with the Seaside view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mannie G

Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I can't fault the service or accommodation here. Extremely comfortable bed, incredible bathroom, exceptional breakfast. We enjoyed the gym and spa regularly on our business trip. Room service was very good and surprisingly very reasonably priced. The hotel is dry so if you do want a drink you will need to go to a neighbouring hotel's bar.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Businesstravller
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Very basic Sheraton next to Abu Dhabi Corniche. Rooms are quite old and basically there was no view from the better rooms since those were in the lower floor. Breakfast was nothing special; not meeting the ‘ Dubai standards’. Didn’t use the pool. Free wifi. Snacks & drinks in the lounge were very basic.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank johanna_dxb
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My trip with my husband to Abu Dhabi as a first visit to the UAE for both of us. it was prompted by the fact that our daughter is working there and has been for a couple of years.
The UAE was never hign on my list of holiday destinations but as our daughter has travelled quite a bit we always try to visit the countries in which she works.
My knowledge of the UAE or Abu Dhabi before the trip were limited to my conversations with my daughter so i was lookng forward to seeing if my own experience lived up.
we found the staff extremely helpful and pleasent from the check-in throughout our stay. we used all the facilities and really enjoyed the use of the fitness centre and the roof top pool.
we were happier with the breakfast we got in the Downtown restaurent than the regular breakfast upstairs offered upstairs, it is on that that i base my review of breakfast. overall a very enjoyable stay and we were offered a complimentary late check-out the day we left as we had a late flight.

Room Tip: we had a sea view from the 12th Floor which was really lovely expecially the night of a Thunder Stor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonigleeson
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Generally very pleased with my stay with most staff being very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge and also the chefs and staff at breakfast.

Few things not so good were -
Don't believe there are COCKTAILS in the Club Lounge because there are not. There are alcoholic drinks with mixers but not cocktails such as Margherita, Martini Cocktail, Long Island Ice Tea (These are cocktails). This is advertised and needs to be changed as it is incorrect.
Bath is VERY small. I am 5ft 2in and was squashed.
Staff look miserable on reception and also the management on reception. Some didn't even make eye contact. The only exception was a girl who I imagine was from Africa, who was lovely.

Overall it was ok.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5Anonymous
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Khalidiya for a few days while in Abu Dhabi on business. The Hotel is nicely situated, with easy access to business areas and the beach and beachfront hotels.

My overall rating is shown as average, but it was better than that, just not good enough to get marked as very good maybe 3 1/2 would be a more representative score!

Reception staff were excellent, check in was efficient and friendly.

Rooms are large and comfortable, with an area that used to be a kitchen just inside the door, leading into the main bedroom. I think this property used to be a suite hotel, but is now a standard Sheraton. The hotel is not the newest in Abu Dhabi, it's not shabby or dirty, just a little dated in some areas, especially the bathrooms.

Breakfast was good, with a wide ranging buffet, both Arabic and Western (though without any pork products). Downstairs is an English style pub, expensive but good quality food and drink.

Parking is a valet park service into a secure car park on a nearby street, which was always quick and efficient.

I would stay here again for business, but for leisure would look for somewhere a little livlier and modern.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Situated in downtown Abu Dhabi the Sheraton Khalidiya is ideally situated for business stays in Abu Dhabi.
I was upgraded to a suite and it was awesome.
The rooms are clean and very tidy, the restaurant food is excellent, the staff all very friendly and - if you are accompanied by family - it is only a very short walk to the protected beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Arabian Gulf...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business