“My trip to the UAE”

Ranked #51 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“My trip to the UAE”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The staff is wonderful, and the rooms are better appointed than most in this price range. It's next to a Mall, so shopping is a breeze.
It was also convenient to have a washer/drier in my room, so I did not have to bag my clothes just to wait them to come back.
If you need to wait for a driver or a friend to pick up there is a nice waiting area with a fish aquarium and reading material.

Room Tip: I am on the third floor and away from the street outside. (Some Construction at the mall right now...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
AlRawda, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We are happy to know that you had a nice stay with us and that the services of our staff met your expectations. We would like to thank you for your comments as this goes a long way in motivating our entire team.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan, Abu Dhabi, assuring you of our best attention and services at all times.

Kind regards

General Manage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is a great little apart-hotel, extremely central, easy to find on a main road, next to a large mall. Downside of the location is no parking at all, but somehow the valet does a magic trick and finds a space in the street parking outside., but you have to reimburse that cost That means it will cost you the 'Mawaqef' street rate (not cheap, and charges apply all day and up to midnight!) so that makes this hotel not ideal for visitors coming by car and needing to leave the car there for more than the odd hour or two.

But this slight issue is more than made up for by the excellent service, the exceptionally large , smart, and well appointed rooms. I was using Airmiles to pay the main part of the bill and that was also why I chose this hotel. Theoretically I was entitled to a studio for my points voucher but they only had a room available. I was therefore really surprised and delighted that the room I got was as big as most studios, lacking only cooking facilities (which I didn't need anyway) so I was very happy. For this standard of accommodation the price (had I paid the rack rate) is great value.

Room Tip: As it's on a main road and soundproofing is only 'standard' quality, you might need to a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
AlRawda, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a detailed review of our accommodation and facilities.

Your constructive feedback is truly appreciated as it will help us see our shortfalls and help us to serve our guests better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan in the near future.

With Best regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was booked in here by colleagues staying at the Rotana Centro nearby when there were no rooms available to stay there with them. I expected this to be more down-scale as it is an apart-hotel, but was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is non-smoking in public areas which is a pleasant surprise in the Middle East.

Free wi-fi, which was very fast, available everywhere and reliable.

Very nice, very large room with good bathroom and kitchen area. Very clean, nice decor etc.

Staff very polite and efficient.

There are few "big hotel" amenities (the place is quite small) but you have access to the pool and other facilities at the Centro which is only 100m away.

Only used the restaurant for breakfast, but this was very good.

The hotel does not serve alcohol, either in the mini bars or the restaurant; there is no bar but you can use the bar/restaurant at the Centro (which are not dry) and charge to your room in the Arjaan.

Use the name "Arjaan" when telling taxi drivers where to go.

On the whole, recommended.

Room Tip: The 5 am prayers outside the hotel are very close and loud if you have a room at the back! Tends to...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
AlRawda, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your personal Al Rawda Arjaan experience.
We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and was surprised with our facilities and services. Your positive comment and feedback is always helpful for us to identify areas for improvement and will definitely be shared to our colleagues.
Once again, thank you very much for taking the time for giving us your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Really lovely service. I appreciated the fruit tray.
Only thing I missed was the bath tub which I really needed after a long day of touring Abu Dhabi with my sister.
I'm certainly going back in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank eidyne m
AlRawda, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip with your sister to Abu Dhabi. It is only through such valuable feedback we are able to constantly strive to maintain the high standards and meet the expectations of our valued guests such as yourself.

Furthermore, your comment with regards to bath tub have been noted. Please be rest assured that this matter has been addressed with the concerned department for necessary corrective measures.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time for giving us your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed here for 2 months and it was a fabulous stay.The rooms are good,clean and the service is very good.There is lot of variety in the room service menu and the portions are quite large. They have a small gym which is ok. The best part about this place is the location. Its right next to Al Wahda Mall. The bus station is also a few 100 meters away.I was also told I could use the nearby centro Hotel's swimming pool and gym. I would recommend it to anyone who is on a long term business trip

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sandeepmota
AlRawda, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your candid feedback is immensely encouraging and motivates all of us in rendering good quality service to our valuable guests such as yourself.

Once again, thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two weeks recently with my wife who was on business. It is a very clean and comfortable hotel and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. All the rooms are spacious with a kitchen off the bedroom, which has all you need to survive well , if you don't have a lot of time for eating out. The lobby is small as is the dining room, but the food is excellent. There is no bar in the hotel, so be aware of that if you want a drink. There is a small well equipped gym and no swimming pool. This is really a business hotel, but one of very high quality.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your personal experience at Al Rawda.

We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with our services and facilities. You are welcome to come again for another memorable experience at our Hotel.

I look forward to seeing you again at Al Rawda Arjaan and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Kind regards,

General manager
Bungendore, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed on overnight stop over on 7 Nov 2012 between Europe and Australia and could not have wanted for better. Everything was immaculate, elegant and spotlessly clean. The fresh fruit with orchid was a welcoming touch. The two bedroom apartment was fully equipped with kitchen, washing machine etc. Would be great for travelling families. We arrived around 10 p.m. but the kitchen was open until midnight and we had delicious grilled salmon and Asian vegetables served in our room. Staff were great - charming and helpful. I could not fault this hotel in any way and the room rate was ridiculously low. I nearly didn't book because I thought it might not be up to scratch at such a low rate!! Trust me - it is brilliant. Taxi from airport around 60 dirham or 70 in limo. Easy 30 minutes to airport. If you have an overnight stop in Abu Dhabi this is an excellent choice - so good I will break the journey next time for a couple of days.

Room Tip: We paid for a double but were provided with amazing two bedroom suite on top floor. Really quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
AlRawda, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear Ms. Vincent,

We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback which encourages us to continue rendering good services to our valued guests such as yourself.

Your wonderful comments will be passed on to our team.

We hope to see you again very soon at Al Rawda Arjaan and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.