Grand Continental Flamingo Hotel
Trianon Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewshotel is centrally locatedfree wifirooms are cleandouble roombusiness tripwalking distancelocation is greatupon checkcornichetaxicomfortprosconsrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Terrible. I'ved been staying, dinning, convention, meetings, conferences, partying. to a lot of hotels in Abu dhabi and all over UAE. I never encounter that a customer (myself) be blamed for a parking issue by their manager Mr. Chris. I was in a hurry to park as i need to organize the function hall before the party starts. I park in front of the hotel door expecting for a concierge to come to assist me for my car parking. However nobody come and the person in the reception not even looking at me, and just ignore my presence even i'm blowing my horn in front of their Main door. I phoned our organization President if the vallet parking is available or do i need to pay. However He himself has no idea about it. I found a parking slot right in front of the hotel so I hurriedly park in that slot and knowing that It's friday and the paid is free. After the party i found a mawaqif ticket giving me fine of 500 dirhams. When I tried to ask the hotel boy in the reception about this, they say nothing except of handing me a paper to write my complaints. I felt very bad. I went home stress for everything. In the morning I phoned Mr. Chris hoping for some explanation and may be the hotel can do something for that. However no avail instead a blamed culture of why not asking him? and that he is driving and his paying also for his parking. and that they don't offer valley parking, and as a customer I will come to their hotel with that responsibility. Oh my.....! I cannot tolerate his blaming issues and I just stop if you can do anything just don't blame your customer. SO, NO MORE NEXT TIME FOR OUR ORGANIZATION TO GO TO THIS HOTEL EVER! AND TO ALL MY HOSPITAL GROUP OF NURSES I WILL TELL THEM WHAT MY ORGANIZATION EXPERIENCE. THIS IS THE RUBISH HOTEL AND FOOD ALSO IS NOT GOOD. NOT VALUE FOR THE MONEY WE SPENT. WASH ROOM IS ALSO DIRTY. THERE HOTEL NEEDS CUSTOMER RESPONSIVENESS TRAINING. THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTING AND RIDICULOUS.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Alena D
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is great, friendly staff, clean big rooms, great views if your facing the park and very good value for money. It's just lacking a pool but the hotel is really aimed at business types not holiday people.
I would stay here again, it's not far from the beach, but with the heat it's best to get a taxi which is only a few pounds to the gorgeous public beach.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights recently and generally speaking it was perfectly acceptable and reasonably priced. Room was a very decent size, and was plenty quiet. Bathroom was clean and tidy and everything worked. Mini-bar and toiletries well stocked.

Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Did have a bit of a mix up with my room at first but it was sorted very quickly indeed with no fuss. Concierge did a great job all weekend of running out into the street to get us cabs, never once did he complain. And when we wanted to sit up til gone 3 in the morning having coffee in the lounge area in reception they made sure there was someone there to serve us.

Breakfast is a bit weird but then it is everywhere. It was acceptable but over-priced for what was on offer. But then there's other places to eat.

Can't really complain. All in all it was a decent stay and I'd not hesitate to book it again. Yes there are better hotels out there in better areas if you want to spend more money but I think this one's worth its asking price.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The first room I was given faced the building on the backside and the carpet was absolutely filthy so I went down stairs and requested a different room. The staff was very accommodating and moved me into a upper story room overlooking the park which was 100% better. The location is good because of the hotel's close proximity to food and shopping opportunites. There is a shuttle bus that travels back and forth to one of the area malls. What the breakfast lacks in taste makes up for in variety. My biggest gripe is the fact that although I did not eat or drink any of the snacks made available in my room I was billed for them, also, there is a fee for usage of the internet room which I think is ridiculous.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors on side facing park.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Staff were very nice. It is near a cinema so could go watch a movie (in Al Mariah Mall). It was clean, the room was big. Construction next door, but not dusty. Generally ok, but had the feeling I could have got better for the same price. Breakfast was ok. Had it once then didn't bother.

Room Tip: If you need to be in the middle of town, then its reasonably priced. Otherwise I'd go elsewhere and take a cab. there are much better hotels in better locations for the same price.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business