“It's all about hospitality”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #46 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 9 January 2012

You know, Hilton offers an high standard (almost) everywhere in the world, and also this Hilton is very good. But here is also about the people working here....They are really fantastic, with a special mention to Nina (Guest Relations) and Gianpiero (Bice Restaurant manager). Here there is a very equipped beach+swimming pools (Hiltonia) and many good restaurant, including a "pub".
Located in front of the Corniche, walking distance from Marina Mall.
Maybe they have to improve only on the breakfast-buffet.

Every time I come back to Abu Dhabi, I come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our services, restaurants and beach club amenities. Thank you for emphasizing that our staff members made a difference in your stay and for specially mentioning Nina Ruebsam and Gianpiero Ciceri; I am sure they appreciate it knowing that their efforts are recognized and acknowledged by our guests.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcome you again many times over during your future trips to the capital!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here with family and also on business, and enjoyed our stays each time. Good facilities, nice and near to Marina Mall, and just a nice feel. Stayed in two types of room during different stays - one quite small, but adequate: the other extremely roomy and cool. One of the older hotels in Abu Dhabi, but great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for posting this review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to read that we are your choice of hotel for business and holiday and that you appreciate our location and facilities. We are indeed the first hotel established in Abu Dhabi and we strive our best to provide the standard of customer service that the brand is known for worldwide.

We hope to welcome you again during your future visits and we will do our best to make them as enjoyable as your previous stays.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Staff are very welcoming, the rooms are very comfortable and the food in the restaurants we visited was excellent.
The private beach area is enough on its own to sell this hotel
Overall a really relaxing stay would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and we are glad to learn that you were satisfied with the service of our staff members, our food offerings and the facilities of the Hiltonia Beach Club.

We appreciate your recommendation as a place to stay for a relaxing holiday and hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in a not too distant future!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed there for a night with my wife and found my stay to be flawless. Check in was swift and the room was extremely well appointed. I was given a "Sea View" room but there is a main road in between the sea and the hotel. You have to access the beach from underneath a subway underpass which takes you below this road to the private beach. The beach was also nice though small. It had some excellent gardens as well to sit beside and just enjoy the view. Breakfast was also superb with a big selection of dishes.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and we are pleased to read that we have met your satisfaction in terms of check-in, room and beach facilities.

Glad to have contributed to make your stay comfortable and we look forward to your return visit to the capital, hopefully very soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

A warm welcome certainly awaits you here. If you want to go to Dubai during your stop over use the local bus which departs regularly from the main bus station. It is a fraction of the price of a taxi, and uses the same road !! Observe the rules as to where males and females sit. Timetables etc. can be found on Tourism's website.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel looks over an extremely busy road (there is an underpass to get to the prviat...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Just returned from a week over the New Year and have to say the hotel and the staff are fantastic. Loved the welcome, the breakfasts were as good as you get and the facilities were excellent. Only a couple of gripes, firstly the noise at the front of the hotel (sea view rooms) was constant and only because we live next to a main road at home could we cope with it. Many others we spoke to couldn't and moved rooms and secondly, please give free internet to your paying guests. Other hotels are doing this now and it's a factor in choosing where to stay when the teenage kids are looking to stay in touch.

Room Tip: If worried about traffic noise, get a rear room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul E

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay over the New Year and for complimenting our staff members, welcome service and breakfast offerings.

I have noted your comments on the noise from the Corniche avenue and the internet access; please be rest assured that we are currently working on soundproofing projects as well as looking at proposals on providing better internet service to our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you again real soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

From the moment I arrived at this Hilton I was impressed. I've traveled a lot and worked in customer service and was blown away at how the staff treated us. They were always so unbelievably nice. It must be exhausting to be so happy and accommodating to all the grumpy travelers. Three of us were in town for business for six weeks and we stayed exclusively here the entire time. Since there was so much good, I'll start with the bad.

Bad:
Big charges for internet. In the US this is usually free so I was surprised at how pricey it was (15 USD a day at the time)
The "king" bed was actually two doubles pushed together so in the end i preferred two doubles so I could use the other bed as a platform for things.

The Medicore
The rooms were not as fancy as I expected for a resort such as this. They were about as good as most Best Westerns in the US.
Part way through our stay there was construction in the stairwell that was unacceptable to myself and my co-workers, we were all immediatly moved. The move didn't help two of us at first but they moved us until it did work, which landed two of us in executive suites.
The only difference between regular rooms and executive suites is internet and slightly fancier toiletry items.
Not the Hilton's fault, but I was there during Ramadan and all the restaurants close during the day except their standard breakfast/lunch buffet. In general I'm not big on buffets because they are pricier and I don't eat a whole lot of food. And if there is anything open no alcohol is served until after sunset.

The Unbelievable
The staff hands down was unbelievably good from the first moment. The remembered my name, things I liked, places I had gone. I bought art at a local market, the turn-down service found an easel to display my art and put it in an attractive corner of the room for admiration (instead of shoved in the closet). The concierge actually packed my art for me when I couldn't find a shipping store or appropriate box size. The waitress at Bice remember that a week ago I said I liked limoncello and brought a snifter of it gratis.
I went to spa and asked directions to the pool, "Which pool?" They asked, "How many are there?" I inquired, "There is an adult pool, family pool and children's pool." I took the adult and once there were some irritating kids in the pool so I don't think this is enforced, but the option was nice.
The gym was fantastic. During summer it was very hot outside so I would take a "walk" on the treadmills or workout on the elliptical. Each unit has its own TV screen and plenty of channels to choose from. The weights were more than I would ever use.
The room service menu consists of selections from the restaurants on site and they were all excellent (the Italian pizzas blew my mind and I have been to Italy!)

When possible the staff will hail the cheap official taxis that are used but if there is not one of those available they will signal the much, much pricier white cab in so you don't have to wait. If you prefer the cheaper cab tell them you will wait and they will run out to the road and hail the first one that drives by. A note about the UAE: There are literally no street addresses. I'm used to numbered houses or businesses so you can type that into your GPS, that does not exist there! So when giving directions to the cab drivers that might have arrived in country at the same time you did, try to have a map handy and give directions relative to major landmarks.

We booked a tour of Abu Dhabi through the concierge when we arrived and it was the perfect way to see the sights and know your way around a bit.

Overall this place was amazing. When you stay ask the staff what they recommend or advise, they will not steer you the wrong way.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ScienceChick
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this extensive and detailed review on Trip Advisor and for selecting us for your long-term stay.

It is good news to know that you had a fantastic and enjoyable stay with us, despite a few details mentioned in your review. I am extremely delighted to read your appreciative comments on the customer service provided by our team members and that they made a great difference in your stay! It makes their efforts much more worthwhile knowing that our guests recognize them. We do our best not only to meet our guests’ expectations, but to exceed them if the opportunity presents itself.

With regards to your comment on the condition of the rooms, please be kindly advised that we do undertake renovations from time to time to improve the standards of our facilities and to be on the same level as similar hotels in the city.

The updating of the signage on the various pools at Hiltonia Beach Club is currently in process and this will be implemented soon, hopefully resolving the confusion about adult, family and children’s pools.

Once again, thank you and the entire team at the Hilton Abu Dhabi looks forward to welcome you again during your future visits!