“A little piece of paradise in the bustling city”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband travels to Abu Dhabi for his job regularly, and once in awhile I go with him. The Hilton is the perfect property for the spouse on vacation. The beach club and gym is free to use and just short walk under the street. The beach is clean, beautiful, with plenty of comfortable beach chairs and places to grab a quick bite... my favorite was the pineapple smoothie served from the smoothie bar in the spa! There were a couple activities I wanted to do in Abu Dhabi by myself, and the concierge was extremely helpful in his ability to book the tour as well as give advice on the best mode of transportation for my destination.

The room was pretty standard, and the only criticism I have is the lack of wi-fi in the rooms. However, the resort atmosphere and helpful service more than make up for the shortcomings. The hotel is conveniently located on the Corniche, which is perfect for an evening stroll, while Marina Mall is just a short cab ride away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you very much for being our guest at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Indeed, the Hilton beach club is always a firm favourite with most of our guests as it offers total comfort and privacy for anyone looking for some rest and relaxation.

I would like to mention to you that we are currently looking at the Internet services and hopefully we should have a better system in place shortly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi and can assure you of a wonderful time the next time you are here while your husband is on business.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 11 March 2012

What a brilliant surprise - my daughter arriving on my birthday - it was the icing on my birthday cake!!
We have been staying at the Abu Dhabi Hilton regularly since living there in 1979. The staff (especially Nina and all her colleagues) are 'Simply the Best', they are so helpful, charming, and always professional. We agree with some comments re the traffic noise at the front of the hotel at night but the double glazing should solve that problem.The Hiltonia (beach and pool area) is so relaxing and the Hilton has a wonderful range of restaurants to choose from. Yes the hotel is one of the oldest but in our opinion you wont find one better. We hope to go back VERY SOON.

S and R. Solihull

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and we really enjoyed being on an executive floor.

Dear Mr and Mrs Solihull

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. After reading the review from your daughter as well, it makes me very happy indeed that the Hilton Abu Dhabi played a small part in your family reunion.

Thank you very much for your compliments to Nina and the Guest relations team.

We hope that you and your entire family will visit us again sometime soon and we look forward to making to another memorable occasion for you all.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We (me and my husband) stayed in King junior Suite, it was spacious and clean. The bathroom was bit old and dull but over all was fine.

We had dinner in Mawaal (The Arabic restaurant) and food was great and the services was appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for posting your reviews on Trip Advisor. I do hope that you visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My Mum and her husband were staying at the Hilton AD and it was her birthday on the 2nd March. I decided I would surprise her and fly out to wish her Happy Birthday in person. With the help of Nina, Judith and Josephine from the Guest Relations team, we managed to arrange a meeting. Mum was so shocked but was so pleased to see me! I couldn't have done it without Nina, Josephine and Judith. They are not just people working on the Guest Relations Team, they really want to help and assist their guests. They were professional and helpful - Nina even changed her shift so she could be there to witness the surprise!

I lived in Abu Dhabi in 1979, when the Hilton was really one of the first hotels. It was then surrounded by sand - not the big shiny buildings that are there now! Whilst the hotel is old, the rooms are very comfortable. I found all the staff very polite, cheerful and professional. I felt like I was 'home'. The position of the hotel is great as you are located near to many amenities. I have visited many other hotels in Abu Dhabi and some of them are more plush that the Hilton, but i don't feel as welcome in them.

I particularly like Hiltonia. The poolside is relaxing and the beach is small but adequate.

If I come to Abu Dhabi again (which I plan to do) there would be no question as to which hotel I would stay at - it would be the Hilton 100%. I will recommend it to my friends, family and colleagues.

I would like to thank the staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: A room on the side where you can see the beach and the Corniche is nice. It was a little windy when...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you very much for the wonderfully encouraging review that you have posted on Trip Advisor as well as your kind comments regarding Nina, Josephine and Judith. Rest assured I will surely pass this on to them.

It gives me so much pleasure that our staff here were able to make your Mum’s birthday all the more special and memorable.

You have so rightly put it, “I felt I was home”, because “Feel home away from home” is our motto for our guests and we constantly strive to maintain this ever since the Hilton Abu Dhabi opened its doors in May 1973 continuing till today – almost 40 years later!!

Thank you as well for your high recommendation to your family, friends and colleagues. It is much appreciated. Please do pass my very best regards to your Mum!!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi again, and if there is any assistance you need prior or during your stay here, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Hilton Abu Dhabi was built in the 1970’s. It has a great location on the Corniche and a very nice Beach Club area which is accessed via a public underpass.

The hotel still appears to be quite modern and the rooms are pleasant, although there are some little things the Hilton could do.

1. The windows are single glazed and so let a lot of noise in. This is especially a problem at night with the traffic and stupid noisy motor bikes that go racing around at night. Why the authorities do not do something about it, I do not know. I am informed they are upgrading to double glazing shortly.
2. The showers are not thermostatic. Plenty of power but watch for the change from too cold to too hot!
3. The air conditioning is noisy and not very effective

Having mentioned the negatives, the rest is great. Nice pool area and beach, very good food and service which is second to none. The location is also fantastic.

We had an Executive room. This is well worth looking at. For Dhs 150 (£30) a night per room or Dhs 250 (£50) a night for sea view, you get access to the Executive lounge, free internet access which is worth quite a bit and free pressing of a 2 piece suit.

The Executive lounge provides a quiet breakfast which is a limited version of the one in the main restaurant, a light lunch with sandwiches, afternoon tea with cakes, and free drinks from 6pm. So with the free internet access and all the items during the day, including drinks, you can see the Executive room can be good value for money.

The deal however is a little confusing, or perhaps the trainee on reception did not explain it very well.

We were booked in for a sea view room including bed and breakfast. We were offered the Executive upgrade for Dhs 150 / 250. Whether it would have been different if we had not already booked for a sea view and breakfast, I was unable to find out. It may be worth looking at buying a basic package and then upgrading from there.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had read some of the previous reviews for this hotel and did not think that it warranted some of the comments given. The rooms were typically Hilton and the hotel itself was nice enough, although not as modern as some of the surrounding hotels but then it has been around a lot longer! Breakfast buffet was good and the Italian and Thai restaurants we went to did very good food and the jazz bar was lively! Beach club and pools accessed via (the not dirty tunnel as mentioned by a previous reviewer!!) were also good. No Wifi was a downside as we had to pay quite a lot for this during our stay and should surely come free in a 5* hotel.
Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for posting your brief review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants and about your “lively” experience at the Jazz Bar.

I would just like to mention to you that as of early March this year we have upgraded our internet services and we now have Wifi services in all rooms and Public Areas of the hotel. My apologies to you for the inconvenience caused to you prior to this.

I hope that your travels bring you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi and we look forward to welcoming you here once again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed also as part of the Triathlon group mainly because of the location close to the start of the race ( not the 800 metres as claimed by the hotel though, more like 1.5k)
Staff in the hotel faultless, warm and friendly and on the whole efficient. However this is not 5* treatment, facilities or amenities and not on a par with the Intercontinental where we stayed last year.
Room was not altogether clean, long black hairs on the bathroom floor and I am blond, room had a really nasty overpowerring smell. No turndown service in 4 days
Breakfast was great but the evening buffet meal left a lot to be desired, in fact all the food in the hotel was mediocre, we ate in the buffet, The orchid chinese and Hemmingways, none of the food was hot! Cold burger and fries in the bar, cold food in the chinese and cold buffet, it wont be long before theres an outbreak of food poisoning here. Buffet food very uninspiring, great vats of mashed potatoes and pasta is not exactly fine dining! There was a nice buffet at the beach club though that we really enjoyed. Creating hot tasty food is not that difficult so why can they not do it, it was the most disappointing part of our stay.
The noise from he street was very loud every night I was woken with cars and bikes tearing down the Corniche, and music from the beach club

Smoking is extremely bad in this hotel, even in our room which was supposed to be non-smoking there was an ash tray for our convenience, how does that work? Hemmingways was smoke hell, tried to enjoy a drink one day with 3 gents on the next table puffing away on stoggies...utterly disgusting, cummon Hilton get in the 21st century and ban smoking and we might consider coming back and all my clothes might not need dry cleaning on my return.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back, better still book somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely regret that we left such a negative impression on you regarding your recent stay with us. As you can see, our service standards are of primary importance to us and so far we have managed to maintain or even exceed most of our guests’ expectations.

I’m sorry to read about your displeasure with the food in the restaurants as well as your comment regarding a possible outbreak of food poisoning and let me assure you that we take our commitment to our guests extremely seriously when it comes to health and food safety.

We are regularly monitored by the Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority and are totally complaint with all their rules and regulations. We are also certified by the International Food safety Management System .

As you can see from previous comments, our F&B offerings are one of our showcases in the hotel and with our 14 different venues we always strive to be the market leader in the city. We also had special food arrangements in the restaurants in order to meet all our competitor needs during the Triathlon weekend.

I do hope that you give us another chance to allow you to experience our high service standards, and look forward to comparing race timings with you at the finish line after the Triathlon next year.