“A fabulous experience, highly recommended”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #39 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A fabulous experience, highly recommended”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I recently returned from a two week break in Abu Dhabi staying in the wonderful Hilton Hotel on the Corniche Road. I travelled with my wife and two daughters, aged 3 and 8 months. We booked two rooms and were obviously quite anxious that they would be interconnecting. We also asked for a travel cot to be set up for our youngest ready to put her to bed after a long day travelling, and for the hotel to arrange a transfer from the airport. After emailing the incredibly friendly and efficient Arvind, these requests were sorted out straight away and we received a very warm welcome on arrival.

The rooms themselves were very nice and well maintained- a special mention must go to the housekeeper Babu for whom nothing was too much trouble. They were quiet and comfortable and we feel very well rested.

The breakfast buffet was amongst the best I have seen- a wonderful selection of fresh and tasty food and yet again the staff shone in La Terazza at breakfast time, especially Roselyn who was wonderful with the children.

Most days were spent at the Hiltonia Beach Club, which is a real gem. The pools are very nice, there is a little playpark and plenty of secluded garden. The sunloungers round the pool are really comfortable and unlike a lot of places they aren't stingy with the towels. The beach is very clean white sand there are loads of umbrellas and loungers- again the staff here really can't do enough for you, but not in an invasive way.

In the evenings we either ate at Escape or the Arabic Cafe looking over the sea, or on the nights when it was a bit cooler we ventured up to La Terazza for the buffet evenings: again some delicious food. We also ate once in Vascos which was also excellent, and also went Tex Mex in Hemingways pub one night.

Away from the hotel, it's a short walk over to the Marina Mall which has all mod cons, or alternatively a 20 minute stroll in the other direction along the Corniche takes you to some rather nice restaurants and an all-important playpark.

In summary, a great experience that is made by the thoroughly excellent staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike T
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you very much for choosing us to take a break with your family. I am very glad that your holiday was everything you expected it to be and that you had a wonderful time.

Thank you as well for your praise for Arvind, Babu and Roselyn. They were extremely to have read this and to know that they played a small part in making your holiday so memorable.

All of us here at the Hilton Abu Dhabi look forward to welcoming you ad your family back sometime soon.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bay Village, Ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband travels to Abu Dhabi for his job regularly, and once in awhile I go with him. The Hilton is the perfect property for the spouse on vacation. The beach club and gym is free to use and just short walk under the street. The beach is clean, beautiful, with plenty of comfortable beach chairs and places to grab a quick bite... my favorite was the pineapple smoothie served from the smoothie bar in the spa! There were a couple activities I wanted to do in Abu Dhabi by myself, and the concierge was extremely helpful in his ability to book the tour as well as give advice on the best mode of transportation for my destination.

The room was pretty standard, and the only criticism I have is the lack of wi-fi in the rooms. However, the resort atmosphere and helpful service more than make up for the shortcomings. The hotel is conveniently located on the Corniche, which is perfect for an evening stroll, while Marina Mall is just a short cab ride away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for being our guest at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Indeed, the Hilton beach club is always a firm favourite with most of our guests as it offers total comfort and privacy for anyone looking for some rest and relaxation.

I would like to mention to you that we are currently looking at the Internet services and hopefully we should have a better system in place shortly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi and can assure you of a wonderful time the next time you are here while your husband is on business.

Solihull
Reviewed 11 March 2012

What a brilliant surprise - my daughter arriving on my birthday - it was the icing on my birthday cake!!
We have been staying at the Abu Dhabi Hilton regularly since living there in 1979. The staff (especially Nina and all her colleagues) are 'Simply the Best', they are so helpful, charming, and always professional. We agree with some comments re the traffic noise at the front of the hotel at night but the double glazing should solve that problem.The Hiltonia (beach and pool area) is so relaxing and the Hilton has a wonderful range of restaurants to choose from. Yes the hotel is one of the oldest but in our opinion you wont find one better. We hope to go back VERY SOON.

S and R. Solihull

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and we really enjoyed being on an executive floor.
Dear Mr and Mrs Solihull

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. After reading the review from your daughter as well, it makes me very happy indeed that the Hilton Abu Dhabi played a small part in your family reunion.

Thank you very much for your compliments to Nina and the Guest relations team.

We hope that you and your entire family will visit us again sometime soon and we look forward to making to another memorable occasion for you all.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We (me and my husband) stayed in King junior Suite, it was spacious and clean. The bathroom was bit old and dull but over all was fine.

We had dinner in Mawaal (The Arabic restaurant) and food was great and the services was appreciated.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for posting your reviews on Trip Advisor. I do hope that you visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My Mum and her husband were staying at the Hilton AD and it was her birthday on the 2nd March. I decided I would surprise her and fly out to wish her Happy Birthday in person. With the help of Nina, Judith and Josephine from the Guest Relations team, we managed to arrange a meeting. Mum was so shocked but was so pleased to see me! I couldn't have done it without Nina, Josephine and Judith. They are not just people working on the Guest Relations Team, they really want to help and assist their guests. They were professional and helpful - Nina even changed her shift so she could be there to witness the surprise!

I lived in Abu Dhabi in 1979, when the Hilton was really one of the first hotels. It was then surrounded by sand - not the big shiny buildings that are there now! Whilst the hotel is old, the rooms are very comfortable. I found all the staff very polite, cheerful and professional. I felt like I was 'home'. The position of the hotel is great as you are located near to many amenities. I have visited many other hotels in Abu Dhabi and some of them are more plush that the Hilton, but i don't feel as welcome in them.

I particularly like Hiltonia. The poolside is relaxing and the beach is small but adequate.

If I come to Abu Dhabi again (which I plan to do) there would be no question as to which hotel I would stay at - it would be the Hilton 100%. I will recommend it to my friends, family and colleagues.

I would like to thank the staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: A room on the side where you can see the beach and the Corniche is nice. It was a little windy when...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderfully encouraging review that you have posted on Trip Advisor as well as your kind comments regarding Nina, Josephine and Judith. Rest assured I will surely pass this on to them.

It gives me so much pleasure that our staff here were able to make your Mum’s birthday all the more special and memorable.

You have so rightly put it, “I felt I was home”, because “Feel home away from home” is our motto for our guests and we constantly strive to maintain this ever since the Hilton Abu Dhabi opened its doors in May 1973 continuing till today – almost 40 years later!!

Thank you as well for your high recommendation to your family, friends and colleagues. It is much appreciated. Please do pass my very best regards to your Mum!!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi again, and if there is any assistance you need prior or during your stay here, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Saint Sampson, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Hilton Abu Dhabi was built in the 1970’s. It has a great location on the Corniche and a very nice Beach Club area which is accessed via a public underpass.

The hotel still appears to be quite modern and the rooms are pleasant, although there are some little things the Hilton could do.

1. The windows are single glazed and so let a lot of noise in. This is especially a problem at night with the traffic and stupid noisy motor bikes that go racing around at night. Why the authorities do not do something about it, I do not know. I am informed they are upgrading to double glazing shortly.
2. The showers are not thermostatic. Plenty of power but watch for the change from too cold to too hot!
3. The air conditioning is noisy and not very effective

Having mentioned the negatives, the rest is great. Nice pool area and beach, very good food and service which is second to none. The location is also fantastic.

We had an Executive room. This is well worth looking at. For Dhs 150 (£30) a night per room or Dhs 250 (£50) a night for sea view, you get access to the Executive lounge, free internet access which is worth quite a bit and free pressing of a 2 piece suit.

The Executive lounge provides a quiet breakfast which is a limited version of the one in the main restaurant, a light lunch with sandwiches, afternoon tea with cakes, and free drinks from 6pm. So with the free internet access and all the items during the day, including drinks, you can see the Executive room can be good value for money.

The deal however is a little confusing, or perhaps the trainee on reception did not explain it very well.

We were booked in for a sea view room including bed and breakfast. We were offered the Executive upgrade for Dhs 150 / 250. Whether it would have been different if we had not already booked for a sea view and breakfast, I was unable to find out. It may be worth looking at buying a basic package and then upgrading from there.

Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had read some of the previous reviews for this hotel and did not think that it warranted some of the comments given. The rooms were typically Hilton and the hotel itself was nice enough, although not as modern as some of the surrounding hotels but then it has been around a lot longer! Breakfast buffet was good and the Italian and Thai restaurants we went to did very good food and the jazz bar was lively! Beach club and pools accessed via (the not dirty tunnel as mentioned by a previous reviewer!!) were also good. No Wifi was a downside as we had to pay quite a lot for this during our stay and should surely come free in a 5* hotel.
Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for posting your brief review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants and about your “lively” experience at the Jazz Bar.

I would just like to mention to you that as of early March this year we have upgraded our internet services and we now have Wifi services in all rooms and Public Areas of the hotel. My apologies to you for the inconvenience caused to you prior to this.

I hope that your travels bring you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi and we look forward to welcoming you here once again.