“late check out”

Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“late check out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

having just returned from a stay which was very good, location, resturants, beach clubs, my big complaint was we had a very late flight 02.00hrs, there is no free extensions so i paid for another day aprox £100.00, went back to our room about 18.30 to try and rest, unfortunatly the hotel had let the garden area for a private party with very loud music, so we could not rest, we complained but this fell on deaf ears was told sorry, they have been requested to turn down the music, i feel this ruined our great stay, we were on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: higher rooms seem to be besas the club rooms are on the higher levelst
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank w66mag
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for being our guest at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Let me also apologize for the disturbance caused due to a private function in the lawns. However, I would also like to mention to you that we have only recently begun changing our windows to double glazed windows. This has begun from the top floors and is being done one floor at a time in order to minimize any inconvenience to our guests.

I assure you that should you decide to be our guest once again, you will have a very quiet stay indeed!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012 via mobile

Very happy with the hotel and its bars and restaurants. Also the staff and level of service are excellent. The beach club is reached by a pleasant underpass only a couple of minutes from the hotel. This seemed to be a huge issue for some reviewers but we didn't really see what the issue was. We had a sea view room which was nice although as you are on the Corniche the traffic noise at night is a problem, mainly on Thursday night as this is the beginning of their weekend. You are very close to the Marina Mall which has a huge range of shops and a cinema. Also a special night out can be had at the Emirates Palace a few minutes away. Taxis are very cheap about £10 for a twenty minute journey. We did a trip to Dubai which takes about 1 and a half hours by car or 2 hours by local bus (very cheap). On a Friday a lot of hotels offer an all inclusive brunch which is quite pricey but the range of food and drink (including alcohol) on offer is amazing. We are definitely planning to go back and as they are building a Guggenheim to open 2014/15 this is another bonus. They are developing a lot and the man-made islands are growing fast. Abu Dhabi is less busy than Dubai and less 'touristy'. Not as many Brits and not as conservative in terms of dress etc as the guidebooks assert.

Stayed April 2012
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor and for the kind comments you have made about our staff.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with our bars and restaurants. With 14 different food and beverage outlets we boast of the bet and most varied dining options in the city and strive hard to maintain our spot!!

As you so rightly mentioned, the location of our hotel is excellent, a short walk away from Marina Mall, the largest in Abu Dhabi, right next door to the Emirates Palace, a must visit for every tourist, and right along the beautiful Corniche, but yet away from the crowded and noisy business and residential areas.

I would like to mention to you that we are in the midst of installing double glazing for all our guest room windows, this has started from the higher floors and is being done one floor at a time so as to minimize any inconvenience caused to our guests.

Let me assure you that you will have total silence even in your sea view room, the next time you visit us.

See you back again in 2014/2015 once the Guggenheim, the Louvre and all the other amazing developments on Saadiyat island are complete!!

Director or Operations
High Peak Derbyshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here for one night on business. Firstly the check in was very slow and confused. The porter collected my bags and then left them in the main entrance and was nowhere to be found. Room was ok though very compact. The service was average, the staff all seemed flustered and were as if everything was too much trouble. Food was good, though I only ate at the beach bar. The gym and other facilities are accross the road at the small private beach area. The rooms are noisey due to close proximity to road. Main criticism was lack of internet access in rooms and that access was only available in main reception area and at an additional cost. Check out was equally as poor as the check in. Would not stay again on business.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I regret that you found our services “average”, but as you may have seen from previous guest comments, we take our commitment to providing our guests with excellent customer service very seriously and I have reviewed this once again with the team.

I would also like to mention to you that we have just installed Wifi internet access in all rooms and public areas of the hotel and we are currently reviewing the service once again, in order for it to be more guest friendly.

Nuneaton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I really like the Hilton hotels, particularly in the Middle East; the Abu Dhabi hotel is no exception.

Being a Hhonors Gold member means I get a room upgrade, free internet and free drinks through the day... This is invaluable. If I was not a Gold member then I'd look to stay elsewhere, as these extras would soon stack up the bill.

Buffet restaurant was fairly good, and the pub on site serving 'pub food' was decent quality as well, and showed all the football.

The Health Club, despite being on the other side of the road, was excellent. The gym was better than my gym at home, and that's the first time I've ever been able to say that about a hotel gym. The pool is also pretty nice, and whilst the sea was still a bit too cold for swimming, it's obvious that during the summer the hotel beach is a great place to relax.

Overall, despite being here on business, I had a really relaxing stay. I'd definitely stay here with my family if I bring them out on my next business trip, as I would have no worries about leaving them in the pool all day; something for everyone.

I usually try and find at least one negative/niggle when reviewing hotels that I've rated 5* to try and keep it a little objective. The problem here is that I really can't think of anything. As a Gold member the hotel even cancelled all my valet parking charges.

I guess that's the only negative, really... If you're not high up on their 'frequent guest' programme, then you'll pay through the nose for internet, parking, etc.

As I am, however, it was a truly great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Wozza2404
Thank you very much for being our guest and for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It makes me very pleased to read that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay here, including the restaurants as well as the beach facilities.

However, let me assure you that we do not reserve this service for our HHonors members only, and every single one of our guests is given the same importance and receives the same excellent standard of hospitality.

I hope that you do decide to return with your family for a more relaxed leisure vacation and we look forward to welcoming you all and making your next visit memorable.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Many new properties have been built since this hotel began operation many years ago.
Love the Arabic peaceful feel to reception. The dark woods and plenty of quiet and style.
Shahana in reception is by far one of the best receptionists I have ever checked in with in many many years of travelling.Fantastic can do attitude and great charm.
Having checked out of another Abu Dhabi hotel through dissatisfaction they were amazing here in securing an early room allocation.
Hotel bedrooms are on the small side but this is an old hotel. They have character and are very comfortable and clean. The hotel has a very large pool and health club complex, which also contains Vasco's restaurant. Excellent if you want good food.
Perfect for what I wanted.
Only disadvantage is the building work going on everywhere. A 37 story ugly half built building next door between the hotel and The Emirates Palace Hotel. At the back of the hotel a new building construction is just having the footings put in and will no doubt rise to some height in the future.
Great shame. I still love this hotel and would no longer stay anywhere else. Abu Dhabi, like Dubai, is being built up and losing any Arabic character. Noise is everywhere and there is no peace and tranquility to be found along the Corniche any more.
The Abu Dhabi Hilton is worth every penny. If you can deal with the building work the hotel is still as good as ever.
I only found one drawback. The Asian Thai restaurant is very average. Food not too good and the service is poor.
If I have to go back to Abu Dhabi i would still stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WOLFSPIRITTRAVELLER
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor as well as the kind comments about Shahana. She is very pleased to have read that!

We are the first hotel to have been built in Abu Dhabi almost 40 years ago, and were initially owned by the late ruler of the UAE Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. So thank you very much for calling us the “Grand Old Lady of Abu Dhabi”, it is a title we accept with pride.

Whilst we constantly strive to be in tune with the changes of time and so much modernity all around us, we still maintain the Arabic culture and hospitality that has made so many of our guests feel ”home away from home” through the years.

I have reviewed your comment regarding food and service in the Royal Orchid Restaurant as this is surely not our Brand Standard and I can assure you of excellent service the next time you visit.

All of us here a the Hilton Abu Dhabi look forward to welcoming you as our guest, should your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi sometime soon.

Hampshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel was chosen due to location, cost and the beach club for a long weekend travelling with a teenage family.

At check-in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to Executive rooms which included access to the executive lounge with breakfast and snacks/drinks throughout the day plus internet access. Firstly, the internet access in the rooms was not very good. Secondly, the breakfast buffet was only continental unlike the main buffet downstairs. The service at breakfast was really quite bad for a 5 star hotel. Uncleared tables, constantly asking for coffee cups, knives, forks- food!! The staff explained that as it was a weekend there were 'too many' families and that during the week it would be better as it was usually business customers! Not exactly what we wanted to hear.

The hotel is really quite dated now, but we were aware of this due to Tripadvisor reviews. However, the beach club more than made up for it and this was the main reason that we chose this hotel. The Marina Mall is an easy stroll away but crossing the roads was very hairy.

Do not ask the hotel to book taxis as the cost is double, instead ask one of the doormen outside and they will sort you out. The staff are very approachable throughout this hotel.

Ps A visit to Ferrari World is a must if you have older kids and look out for it as you fly in or out of Abu Dhabi airport!

Room Tip: Beach view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nb333
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I have noted your comments about our customer service in the Executive lounge. As excellent customer service is our Brand Standard, a fact that has been echoed in many previous guest reviews on this site, your comments have been immediately reviewed with our team.

I am glad however, that you enjoyed the facilities at the beach club. With a huge private beach, 3 swimming pools, water slides, great dining options and a state of the art Precor gym, the beach club is indeed a favorite among our guests as it has something for the entire family to do.

I do hope that you decide to visit us once again, and that we can make your visit more memorable for you the next time around.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

A 10 day business trip pending, I needed a hotel close to meetings and within walking distance of shopping and restaurants since I decided not to secure a rental car. Although the oldest (old is relative since the country was established in 1971) hotel in Abu Dhabi, the Hilton Abu Dhabi met all my expectations and service requirements. After checking in, I was upgraded to the executive floor where I would later come to find served every meal as a complimentary service to executive lounge guests. Although the meal was small, the coffee was great, the desserts were wonderful and my breakfast each morning was perfect. If lounge beverages are not your thing, the hotel has a bar service with some very nice single malt scotches and several restaurants that serve alcohol as well. If you are staying over the weekend, the Marina Mall is within walking distance and a hop on/off bus is available as well. All and all, a very nice business trip made even better by some great accommodations on the main stripe.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on the 10th floor executive level.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for being our guest at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are indeed the oldest hotel in Abu Dhabi, being commissioned and owned personally by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the first ruler of the United Arab Emirates, a fact we are extremely proud of!

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us on the Executive Floor as well as all the amenities and services that come along with it.

I am happy that your business trip was very successful and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi the next time you visit the UAE on business.