“Great pool facilities but something missing”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #41 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great pool facilities but something missing”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

being a regular visitor to Dubai, this was our first trip to Abu Dhabi and I had to think long and hard what to write here.

Focising on the hotel only, many reviews mentioned the outstanding service that the Hilton provided but we just did not see this. While the service certainly was certainly not poor, it was very re-active and as far as the executive lounge was concerned, slap dash. I think maybe this had something to do with the easter period and they seemed to find it hard to deal with the sheer numbers, which I understand is not usual for this hotel.

I had to complain due to a daily inability to find a table in the executive lounge at any time for breakfast and was taken aback when one of the advisors in the executive lounge basically called me a liar after I said I was trying for 3 days to find a table, To be fair, a complaint to customer services was followed up quickly and we were moved to the downstairs breakfast area where we were well looked after.

The pool area is just brilliant and worth the visit although the beach is somewhat disapointing and uncomfortable on the feet as the sea is rocky.

Hemingways is a strange one. They serve great tex mex food (albeit in a smoky atmosphere) and also show live UK football matches, great for kids and teenagers you would think except under 21s are not allowed in after 7pm.

The rooms however were not as bad as some of the posters had mentioned and we were more than happy with them although it would have been great had they had balconies (there are no rooms with balconies).

All in all, we liked Abu Dhabi. Indeed the Hilton was adequate but it was just missing something.

I guess for us it just doesn't compare with the service at the Hilton Jumeirah, or that in Fujairah for that matter.

We may wellgo back to Abu Dhabi but not to the Hilton, and it's back to Jumeirah for us next year.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Punkrabbit
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We strive very hard to maintain our excellent standards of hospitality and I sincerely regret that our services did not meet your expectations.

Noting your comments, I have now taken measures to ensure that none of our guests are inconvenienced in any way if the Executive Lounge is busy at breakfast time.

I am glad that you enjoyed the pools at the Hilton Beach Club. With the daily high tide, a lot of small rocks and pebbles get deposited on our beach while at the same time washing away the sand. Maintaining the comfort, not to mention safety of our guests is our priority and even as I write this to you we have truck loads of sand arriving to be deposited on the beach.

I apologize if entry was restricted to any one below 21 after 1900 hours, at Hemingways, but these are rules and regulations stipulated by Abu Dhabi authorities and we strictly adhere to them all.

I sincerely hope that you change your mind and will be our guest once again, giving us a chance to provide you with a service that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Good customer service, great location near Marina Mall.

Beach Club is fantastic - sure you have to walk under a busy road but no big deal - great pools, relaxing environment. We noticed the weekend days were a little more crowded.

Food in the hotel pretty good - including the Executive Club Lounge which had excellent service.

Rooms are a bit aged _ with oddly small windows but still very comfortable.

Not really a holiday destination but if you're in town for business this is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bnecpl
Thank you for taking the time to post your brief review in Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities at the Beach Club, it is indeed a favorite with all of our guests.

We have recently completed the refurbishment on an entire wing of the hotel and will soon begin work on the next wing. This is being done one floor at a time so as to minimize any inconvenience caused to our guests. I assure you that the next time you visit, you will be in newly refurbished, and very comfortable room!

Looking forward to having you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel is nice, even if it is one of the oldest hotel in Abu Dhabi it still has a lot to offer. The restaurants are amazing!! The food and the services are the best! I love Hilton and my family always has lots of fun whenever we stay there (which is often) , but one thing I don't like is the BEACH. The Hilton beach used to be one of the best ones in Abu Dhabi, but right now they need to clean it and put some fresh sand around. It has small rocks everywhere on the beach, you can't take a nice walk or enjoy the sand. When you try to get into the sea, you get cuts under your feet. The changing rooms could do with some renovation as well.
I still love HIlton and I think they can do better,if they try.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for being one of our loyal guests at the Hilton Abu Dhabi.

I am very pleased to read that you and your family enjoy our facilities every time you visit.

With regards to your comments on the beach, I apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced. With the daily high tide, a lot of small rocks and pebbles get deposited on our beach while at the same time washing away the sand. Maintaining the comfort, not to mention safety of our guests is our priority and even as I write this to you we have truck loads of sand arriving to be deposited on the beach.

Thank you for your positive criticism and comments, it is sincerely appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family as our guests at the Hilton Abu Dhabi once again soon.

Madison, Al
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The Hilton Abu Dhabi concerige foor staff is beyond a doubt the most courteous, friendly and professional staff I have had the pleasure to meet. My business brings me to the Hilton Abu Dhabi several times a year and they make the booking process seemless. Candy, Nina, Josephine and the entire staff truly make us feel like the Hilton Abu Dhabi is our home away from home. Always a warm greeting and more than willing to assit every need with stile and grace. I feel lke the staff is truly treats the guest as a true friend. I gladly recommend the Hilton Abu Dhabi to all my collegues that travel to Abu Dhabi for work and business

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderfully positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased that you experience that “home away from home” feeling every time you are our guest, as that is our motto towards our guests, one that we strive hard to maintain everyday.

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding Candy, Nina, Josephine and all of our staff. They are very pleased indeed!

Your recommendation of the Hilton Abu Dhabi to your colleagues is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues to be our guests at the Hilton Abu Dhabi sometime soon.

Derbyshire
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We loved the Hilton Abu Dhabi, yes it is one of the oldest hotels in Abu Dhabi and is in need of a bit of a spruce up as as it becomes overshadowed by its sparkling, shiny new high rise neighbours but that aside the welcome is wonderful, the food fabulous and the staff friendly and professional. Special thanks must go to Nina and Marc for making our stay sooooo special their enthusiasm for the hotel, their guests and people in general was really refreshing. Thank you also to Joseph the Manager in Vasco's and the Manager (sorry didn't catch his name) in BICE for looking after us so well.
I totally disagree with the statements made by 'julia s' in that it is not a holiday destination, Abu Dhabi and the surrounding areas have so much to offer tourists, especially those with families, including beautiful, sandy beaches with stunning blue waters. The Beach is across the road; however contrary to what she said you do not have to cross a busy road there is an underpass that takes you directly from the hotel to the entrance to the beach club. There are these underpassses all along the Corniche so it is not difficult to cross over to the Promenade anywhere along this stretch. We also did not find the road noise intrusive at all. It is a very safe place to take your family, not once did we feel intimidated or threatened whilst out walking which we did all times of the day and night and how many places in the world can you say that these days!!
When we stayed there was a good mix of businessmen and tourists and I think the Hilton has got the mix just right WE WILL VERY DEFINITELY BE BACK!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for being our guest and for your very positive and encouraging review on Trip Advisor.

It makes me very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for your comments regarding Nina, Marc, Joseph from Vasco’s and Gianpierro from BiCE. They are all very happy that in some small way they have contributed to making our stay with us a very pleasant memory.

Indeed we are almost 40 years old, and though we still maintain the excellent standards of Arabian hospitality that we are well known for, we also strive to maintain a sense of modernity and do our best to keep up with times.

We have only recently completed the refurbishment of an entire wing of the hotel and all the public areas and are soon scheduled to begin work on the remaining wing of the hotel. This must be undertaken in stages so as to minimize any inconveniences to our guests.

All of us here at the Hilton Abu Dhabi look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi sometime soon!

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Nice hotel, the rooms are nice and clean (i had a weird smell in my room for few hours), the service is good the waiters and staff are very nice. The beach is very nice, apparently it is one of the best in Abu Dhabi. I tried two of the restaurants the food n service are good! The only problem is that everything is old...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for posting your brief review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the facilities at the Hilton Beach Club.

Being the first hotel in Abu Dhabi to open its doors almost 40 years ago, we still maintain our heritage, but also strive to keep up with the changing times.

We have only recently opened a new café – the Ocean Café, a very modern themed café offering a variety of healthy meal options, smoothies, salads and many more to our modern health conscious guests.

We also have new sunloungers on the beach and a totally new look and feel to our state of the art Precor Gym. All this is of course in addition to the refurbishment of the guest rooms and public areas which in an on going process as well.

I do hope that you will be our guest once again sometime soon to experience all the changes for yourself and assure you of a very pleasant and comfortable stay when you are here.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 May 2012

The Abu Dhabi Hilton is a perfect place to stay for business trips or vacation. The hotel is easy to find on the Corniche and has a great private beach and a superb health club to offer. Tennis courts and a good variety of 10 different restaurants, bars and cafes give you lots of choices to meet with friends and business partners alike. Most important is the excellent service of the whole Hilton team who will be most friendly and understanding 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Due to the hotel history most Emirati love to come to meetings at the Hilton beach club or conference rooms - so there are many reasons to stay at this special place in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Last not leasr acompanying wifes and family will find the outstanding Marina Mall, the Emirates Palace and the Corniche in easy walking distance, which will give them enough chances to enjoy themselves independantly and safe during their stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors towards the EastCorniche and Beach are quieter as long as construction works in the We...