“A great hotel”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Although I only stayed for one short night due to my work schedule, I found the hotel very comfortable, and all of the staff extremely helpful and friendly. My colleagues and I were very appreciative of the chance to have a late night meal and drinks in the Vienna Plaza when we arrived after a long day at work, and found the food and service great there. I hope to have the chance to come back and spend a bit longer there before too long!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AUHHIDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear SP1711

We are very pleased to know that your experience of the hotel was to your satisfaction. Thank you for your appreciative comment about the services rendered by our team members at the Vienna Plaza, we would like you to know that it was our pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to your future visit. Hopefully it will be for a longer period of time for an even better experience.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,146)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The stay at the hotel was excellent. The staff are polite and attentive and the restaurants provided exemplary food and service. The gym was great as was the spa. None of this could be faulted. An example: we had an issue with cigarette smoke on our floor that was dealt with quickly and profesionally - really excellent customer service and focus

There were some issues with the pool and beach area that could have improved our stay:

The larger pool was out of service during our stay - while the smaller pool is great, I would have prefered to have the extra space allowed by the larger pool remaining open.

When we checked in, we were provided with a map of the hotel which deemed the larger pool as an Adult Pool. I thought that this meant there would be no children but either I misunderstood or the rule wasn't followed as there were many occassions when there were children in the 'Adult' Pool.

I don't understand why the beach isn't cleared of the stones/shells that made entry into the water so difficult.

The sea water quality wasn't great - I understand that this isn't in the hotel's control but the Gulf water was so warm and inviting and yet the water was nowhere near as clear as I expected.

Another issue out of the hotel's control - the noise of jet skis! I think that the hotel should try to ban jet skis from near their property. They were so loud and the riders so determined to be noticed that they disturbed our peace every day.

I don't want to give the impression that we didn't enjoy our stay - we did and would definitely consider staying at the Hilton again should we revisit Abu Dhabi!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AUHHIDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear chathamian

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your valuable feedback about the Hiltonia Beach Club as it gives us opportunities to improve our service. We would like to inform you that we are in the process of reclaiming our beach area which is expected to be completed within this year. With regards to your comment about Jet Ski rest assured that the tourism sector of Abu Dhabi is already on top of it.

We hope that you could visit us again when the beach area is reclaimed to enjoy the new and enlarged beach facility. In order to serve you best I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on my email gregory,thierion@hilton.com for any future reservations you might have.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I am staying at Hilton Abu Dhabi on the Corniche for almost two months. A place a call "home away from home". Starting from reception, room service executive lounge (oh, that place is unique mostly because Dreb and Elsa fulfilling your smallest desires with grace and smile! They are part of your day and hope you can meet them!
I would recommend it for long and short stay as the most wonderful experiences in all my business trips).

Dear Alexandra K

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are happy to know that the personalized service provided by our team members made you feel at home during your long stay. We are also proud of Dreb, Elsa, and our team members at the Reception, Room Service, and Executive Lounge. They always ensure to deliver our brand promise – that every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcome you back in the hotel during your future visit to the capital.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've been in hundreds of hotels in over 30 countries in my career as a writer and speaker, and in my opinion, this hotel is the best run hotel in the world. And it is only fitting, since it is right next to the most expensive hotel in the world, the Emirates Palace. Where do I begin to start extolling the praises of the Abu Dhabi Hilton? The staff is amazing. I felt like a pasha or maharaja as the room service attendants brought me my meals and then backed out of the room respectfully. Hats off to Thulasi, Rajiv, Tauron, Subramanian, and the other men who brought me my meals. I also had many of my meals downstairs at La Terrazaa, which is a breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffet (a la carte meals are available there also). The staff at La Terrazza were also incredibly warm, efficient, helpful, and made my meals a real treat to come down for. Kudos to Vera, Yobda, Prakash, Michael, Milhar, Sattheesh, Smith, Shamadish, Michelle, and Marco for their wonderful service! I also had a terrific lunch at the Royal Orchid (Thai food), and a lunch at Hemingways, which was particularly memorable for me because it was the day that I finished writing my first novel, having worked on it for fifteen years!. I loved all the Ernest Hemingway memorabilia! The services provided for my room were also amazing. It seemed like every hour or so there was another person asking if I needed more soap, or water, or an extra Toblerone for the mini-bar. And Pulhan was there everyday when I needed him to expertly clean my room when I was out for breakfast. I was here at the Abu Dhabi Hilton leading seminars in the meeting rooms and received great help from the meeting room staff including Rao, Priya, Vinesh, and several other crew members, in setting up tables, arranging audio-visual needs, and making sure that everyone was comfortable. The food was uniformly delicious and varied. I loved the Om Ali dessert, the dried fruits, the varied dates, the Indian, Chinese, Italian, and Middle Eastern entrees. The Hiltonia Beach Club across the street (easily accessible through a walk-under tunnel), was also a tremendous asset, providing me with daily exercise on the treadmill (TV module attached for amusement), while I watched people through the clear glass windows taking the sun at the adult pool with the Arabian sea in the background. The Club staff were always there with smiles to offer me a small hand towel for use during my exercise. I had a superb haircut in the men's hairstyling shop at the Beach Club, done by Nash, and also enjoyed talking with Jihad the other stylist. Back to my room for a moment: if I had a need, the Hilton staff was there in a flash to take care of it. When I first got to the Hilton, the dining table in my room was wobbly. One call and it was done. Another time, they came and fixed my closet sliding doors even though I didn't even call them (was that ESP?). The laundry service was immaculate. My clothes came back either neatly hung up or beautiful pressed and delivered in a brown wicker basket. I should mention that my experience at the HIlton was great right from the start, when the Georgian lady at the front desk (I'm sorry I forgot your name), upgraded me to the executive level, which enabled me to have free wifi in my room and access to the executive level concierge and cocktail lounge, which I actually never used, since I felt so pampered with everything I already had!. I should say in closing that I stayed here at the Abu Dhabi Hilton for a whole month, so my observations hold some weight as far as vouching for the consistency of the great service here. I plan on coming back to the hotel next January (Inchallah!), and look forward to more eight-star service! Thank you, Abu Dhabi Hilton! You make it look easy, but I'm sure that a lot of training, management, and expertise goes into creating this effortless effect of a hotel run seamlessly and with great panache!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 117Thomas_A

Dear 117Thomas_A

We are overwhelmed by your detailed review and we are honoured to have you as guest. Thank you for sharing your experience and we are proud to hear that the facilities and services rendered by our team members made your stay a memorable one. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we would like you to know that your appreciative feedback inspires us to continue providing the highest level of service to all our guests.

We place great value on your continued relationship with us and we look forward to welcome you again in the hotel should your future travel brings you back to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My stay at the Hilton Abu Dhabi was excellent. The staff were very helpful, a special thank you to Yassin and Shahana at the Front Desk who made my stay so enjoyable. I had a business and a leisure stay and overall it went very smoothly. Thank you to the amazing C&E and F&B Team!

Room Tip: Request See View Room!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Siham S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that we were able to contribute to make your business and leisure stay a smooth one. Your appreciative comment has been shared with Yassin, Shahana, C&E and F&B team. Your kind words inspire them to continue providing the highest level of service to all our guests.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we hope that you could visit us again during your future travel to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you are not mind to spend for taxies to move around this hotel is good.Situated well away from the city centre & shopping areas.Absolutely nothing for Vegetarian customers.If you are looking for cycling & jogging this is best.

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the road & beach
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Subbiah

Thank you for sharing your experience. I regret to learn that the vegetarian menu we have was not to your satisfaction. Your feedback is vital to us in improving our services, rest assured that it has been shared to the Head of Department.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the hotel. In order to serve you best I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on my email gregory.thierion@hilton.com for any future bookings you might.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you are looking for a hotel that has it all, then this is it. The facilities right on the edge of the Gulf are awesome for sun bathing, swimming in the warm sea, water sports, restaurants, bars, pools, gym. The staff really make this hotel special, in particular for us Raju and Dreb took good care of us in the executive lounge. The hotel restaurants are well worth a visit, we liked the Thai and Japanese the best, but there are plenty of other choices if that's not your style of food. The rooms are small as are the windows overlooking the Gulf, but the rest of the hotel and facilities make up for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AUHHIDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Brett R

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review.

It is great to know that your stay had been relaxing. Thank you for complimenting the services rendered by our team members with special mention of Raju and Dreb. They are happy to know that their effort is appreciated. We are glad that you also enjoyed the variety of restaurants in the hotel.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we hope that you could visit us again soon!