“Fantastic location”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I read a couple of reviews before travelling that said staff at hotel not very good. To the contrary we found them all so friendly, helpful and attentive. The hotel is great for kids in that the beach club is just across the road and the shopping mall close by was a bonus as there is a fantastic activity centre and rides for the kids. Hotel pretty tired in part ie. old plastic bath, basin, stained shower curtain (which kept getting blocked). Room was fine - great bed, clean and nice linen. If you not too fussy about the small things then I think this is a good spot to be as its so conveniently located and such helpful friendly staff. Food ok but we only had food at La Terraza restaurant

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank blingbling1017
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

First of all, please allow me to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Abu Dhabi during your recent visit to the Emirates.

I am glad to note that you and your family were happy with our facilities and services, and that you found our team members to be helpful and friendly. Indeed, the convenient location of the hotel along the Corniche Avenue and with the Marina Mall in the vicinity adds to the accessibility of various services outside the hotel.

With regards to your comment on the condition of the hotel, please be rest assured that we are constantly improving our rooms and other hotel facilities, such as restaurants, meeting rooms and corridors.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again as valued guests should you visit Abu Dhabi in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 1 January 2011

We recently had an extended stay (3 weeks) at the Hilton Abu Dhabi, so our experience might be somewhat different:

We stayed on one of the "Executive" floors, which included access to the Executive Lounge. The room was typical for a Hilton (on the small and outdated side), and had great storage space - we were able to unpack 6 suitcases worth of belongings with no problem. The bathroom was not quite clean when we arrived (chunks of hair in the shower), and it took housekeeping three trips to tidy things up.

The Executive Lounge was "good" - nice view out to the Gulf, although it would have been better if they had enforced the smoking and non-smoking sections. I would also not plan on being able to use the computers (although they do have wi-fi, and a business center downstairs). Breakfast was the same every day, with the only variation being in the potato selection, and we only had two days during our stay in which the eggs or sausages were warm. They do offer a "light lunch", which was usually a variety of small sandwiches, along with afternoon tea, and a cocktail hour. These were all nice options to have, and we really appreciated being able to pop up to the lounge for a beverage at any time of day, although the food was universally terrible.

To the credit of the Executive Lounge, the food in the rest of the hotel is equally mediocre. We ate at every restaurant, multiple times, and had a total of two meals that we could consider "decent" - one at Bice (Italian) and the other at Toki (Japanese). There are many better (and less expensive) restaurants in the area, so this is something Hilton should really address.

The star of this Hilton, as mentioned in other reviews, is the Beach Club. The pools are gorgeous and well maintained, and the staff here is much more diligent than at the hotel itself. The beaches are really pretty, and they do a good job of keeping them clean. You have to walk under the street, and then can enter through either the "Beach Club" or "Health Club" - both sides have Men's and Women's locker rooms. The Fitness Center was lovely as well, and the personal trainers helpful and friendly. We did not take any of the classes, as they were closed when we were there.

Overall, we found the staff to be very polite and friendly, although it would be hard to consider it "5 Star". This is not to say that the service was poor, but small details like valet staff never opening car doors, having to ask for the check at every meal, housekeeping being hit-or-miss, etc. were a bit of a distraction. We would probably stay here again if we were in Abu Dhabi, since the Beach Club is fantastic, and we are addicted to Hilton points, but this hotel definitely has its issues.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to write this comment.

I have well-noted your comments regarding our services at the Executive Lounge and the food variety available. Rest assured that these observations have been brought to the attention of relevant department heads.

On the other hand, I am pleased to learn that the Beach Club and its facilities meet with your satisfaction. May I take this opportunity to thank you for your kind compliments on the friendliness and helpfulness of our team members; I will pass on your comments to them.

We are always glad to receive feedback from our guests in order to improve our customer service and standards. We place great value on your patronage to the Hilton and we hope to welcome you again during your next visit to the Emirates.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

This hotel is just a few minutes away from the Marina Mall (we even walked back to the hotel from the mall with no problems) and in itself seemed like a good and decent hotel, up to international Hilton standards.

The service in this hotel is excellent with the most friendly staff you can imagine, with the exception for the lady who's working in the executive lounge... But it seemed as if she was there before breakfast was served until after the lounge closed, so I can imagine that such working hours do not contribute to a good mood... But anyway, the lounge itself was okay, with nice refreshments throughout the day and a good selection of hot snacks during the evenings. It was never overcrowded and we had a relaxing time in the lounge after long days of sightseeing.

The rooms are not too bad, but for starters the curtains do not fully close; light shines through the sides and there is no normal way to prevent this, other than using your suitcase(s) to clamp the curtains between the wall and your suitcases, and even then a lot of light shines through. The rooms are kind of on the small side, even rooms on the executive floor are smallish and furniture may need a refurbishment. The rooms were clean though and that's what's most important for me...

Then there is the noise... The hotel is very thin-walled and this was a major issue for myself and my travel partners; on more than one occasion we were woken up by children playing in the hall way! Combine this with the lights coming through the curtains and you can imagine that it was very hard to fall asleep again...

Last but not least: the thing that keeps us coming back... The hotel has its own 'Beach Club' just across the street (you can get there safely by using the underpass). This beach club has everything you need for a relaxing 'day at the beach'. They have plenty of pools, a nice beach and a lot of water sport activities. There's also a gym and a spa in the building adjacent to it. The pool is open until late and the restaurant / bar has a decent selection of food. This beach club is an absolute asset to this hotel and without it we would not return to this hotel...

If you really need a good night's rest, find another place to stay (e.g. the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi), but if you don't mind being disturbed in your sleep or getting sun light shining through the curtains early in the morning, go and enjoy the Hiltonia Beach Club!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stefan H
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2010

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this comment.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the level of customer service. Indeed, our location is accessible to the Marina Mall as well as easy access to public transport to go around the city. Additionally, I would like to mention our complimentary hotel shuttle bus to the mall as well as to the world-renowned Grand Mosque.

Please rest assured that I personally followed up on the service attitude of one particular colleague from our service crew with the concerned head of department.

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the curtains. Since we have just refurbished majority of our rooms, we certainly don’t want our guests be faced with such inconveniences.

On a different note, I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our Hiltonia Beach Club facilities during your stay. Our beach club is still the largest and one of the most sophisticated in the city.

Finally, it is good to know that you prefer to stay with us during your next visit and we look forward to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 17 October 2010

My colleagues and I stayed at the Hilton Abu Dhabi for five weeks during the month of Ramadan. Despite some noise from the rennovations, the stay was excellent due to excellent service. The concierges and the guest relations staff were always more than helpful and were apologetic when we had to change rooms because of the noise from the construction. My colleagues and I had to work at night and then sleep during the night so the quiet was very important. Also, the restaurant staff, particularly La Terrazza, all went above and beyond and were very friendly. Hemingway's was great as well for drinks and the occaisonal giant burger. I recommend the one with portabello mushrooms and brie! The only confusing thing was if you were supposed to seat yourself or not-but once you did everything was fine. There is a great gym and spa across the street right by the beach as well. All in all, my colleagues and I left feeling spoiled.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Opeartions at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this comment.

I am glad to learn that you and your colleagues enjoyed your long stay with us over Ramadan and that you found our services excellent. Thank you for your appreciative comments on our La Terrazza staff as well as the food in Hemingway’s.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you again during your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 29 September 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Abu Dhabi for the 5th year running and had the most amazing time. This hotel really does have a superb location, its just far enough from the centre of town, there are great walks along the corniche and its easy to walk to the Marina mall for a spot of shopping. Most importantly, this hotel has some of the best nightlife in Abu Dhabi, the Jazz Bar is great for some live music, Bice restaurant is a beautiful Italian and Vasco's is great for some outside dining under the stars. So no need to travel anywhere for your dinner if you don't want to.

The Health/Beach clubs are amazing too and included in your room price. If you like yoga then check out Debbie's amazing classes ! The gym is also well appointed and airy. Loved the beach and the pools.

As others have said the service is excellent and everybody we dealt with during our 9 night stay couldn't do enough. It was my birthday during the trip and I was honoured with cake and a cocktail at the beach bar, a cake in my room and a then a farewell cake on our last night.

Ok so to the downsides, agreed this hotel is old and there is building going on next door and by the beach, BUT we couldn't fault our room for cleanliness and it certainly had everything in it that I would expect and need. No it probably isn't as plush as other hotels but how much time does one stay in the room in Abu Dhabi ? Having stayed here before and being a bit of a light sleeper we took a room away from the road and heard no road noise whatsoever - so if you need peace ask for a garden facing room.

All in all a great place and definitely worth going back to again !

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VirgoBerkshire
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2010

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay again at the Hilton Abu Dhabi.

I am glad to learn that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us and you find our location accessible. It’s also nice to know that you loved the facilities of our Hiltonia Beach Club and have enjoyed the food and service in our restaurants. Thank you for your nice comments on the service of our team members; I will pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcome you again during your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 10 September 2010

This is my 3rd stay at the Hilton Abu Dhabi in the past 4 months.
Location is good, Marina Mall can be reached within 5 minutes (by taxi), when it's not too hot outside it's even nice to walk there (15-20 minutes).
Beachclub is great, one of the main reasons I choose this hotel when in Abu Dhabi.
However, the rooms are outdated, standard rooms are quite small compared to other hotels in the area, and what most annoys me is that it can be very noisy here, so I advise you to avoid rooms near the elevator. I hear kids running (and screaming) down the hallway so one can imagine how I'm feeling now... ;)
Just called front desk to see if they could move me to another room, but it's Eid Weekend so full occupancy. They offered me to move to an Executive Suite for an additional 750Dhs + taxes (approximately 175 euros) per night but for that price I'd rather just put earplugs in my ear and stop complaining, hahaha...

Being a HHonors Diamond VIP doesn't give you any extras (small room stays small ;) ), except for the upgrade to an Executive Floor. This includes lounge access where they have some nice evening snacks (better than most Hilton Exec Lounges in Europe), and off course complimentary breakfast which you can also have at the restaurant downstairs. A very good breakfast though! In-Room wired internet is complimentary for Gold/Diamond Members and Executive Rooms...
And last but not least, they are renovating the hotel as far as I know, when checking in please inform about that. During my stay in July I was quite surprised when I got waked up by some heavy drilling...

Yeah it looks like I'm not very satisfied with this hotel, but I can cope with the downsides, and I'm telling you guys, the beachclub is worth it, if you like private beaches that is... :)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank spinning_ar0und
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2010

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our Beach Club facilities and you find the location of the hotel to be convenient. Regarding your comments about the condition of the rooms, I am happy to advise you that we have just completed the refurbishment of our rooms. In order to stay up to date, we aim for additional refurbishment in 2011.

Thank you for your appreciative comments on the facilities of our Executive Floor Lounge; we will share this with our team.

Please accept our apologies for the disturbance caused by children during your stay. As you mentioned, it was the Eid holiday and there were many families staying in the hotel to celebrate this annual occasion.

Once again, thank you for your patronage of the Hilton Abu Dhabi and I do hope to welcome you back during your next visit to the Emirates.

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last 4 years. There are likeable qualities such as the always very helpful concierge staff, but in general I think it's time they overhaul this Hilton (and not just because it's an old building; I kind of like its old-school lifts and large rooms). On the service side I had a annoying buzzing emergency speaker in the room that could not be fixed despite promises to do so, and the checkout staff seemed to be annoyed that I requested separate invoices paid by different credit cards for the rooms for my team, even though it wasn't very busy at all. One of the two authentic Japanese restaurants in Abu Dhabi is at this hotel, and that pretty much saves the place. You can really forget about BICE; I've given it several tries, but everytime it's been lousy and overpriced (is it that hard to make simple, decent Italian food?). The Hemingway Bar is from another era when there probably very few bars in the city; with all the competition I don't know how they manage to keep this place going (the staff are helpful though!). I'm not sure if we'll be staying here again, especially with higher rates during the peak season.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2010

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Abu Dhabi during your recent stay.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your appreciative comments on the helpfulness of our staff members. I will certainly pass them on to my team.

Having gone through your remarks on the emergency speaker and your request for separate invoices, rest assured that I have discussed these issues with the department heads concerned.

With regards to your comment concerning overhauling the hotel, I am happy to inform you about the current renovation of all our rooms on a floor by floor basis to upgrade our product. This process will take time since we aim for no disturbance to our valued guests.

Thank you for your observations on our restaurant offerings and service provided which will definitely be taken up with our Food & Beverage team.

Your comments are vital for us to help us improve our services and standards. I do hope that we may soon again welcome you to the Hilton Abu Dhabi, or indeed to any other Hilton hotels in the world.