“Exciting”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Exciting!! I always shopping mall which is very close by. The Corniche is always full of things to do-whether walking, biking, or jogging. The city always has a major sporting event posted on the Corniche. The hotel is wonderful-staff, food, location & concierge.

• Stayed: November 2010
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to comment on your stay.

I agree with you that the Corniche Avenue offers an array of interesting activities and buzzing with people especially during the evenings. I am glad you found our hotel to be of convenient location and that you were satisfied with our food offerings and the service of our staff.

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,224)

Reviewed 9 January 2011

I have been in Abu Dhabi recently for end of Year holidays and I chosen the Hotel Hilton because of some positive evaluations that I have read on this internet site.
I can say that I made the right choice !
Ok, the room was not big and very comfortable, (we were in 3, in a normal double room with king size bed, fortunately my son is only 3 years old....) and the prices are not cheap at all (in some Hotel restaurants like BICE and la Terrazza, sometime the prices are not very balanced with quality of food and service) but however, generally speaking the service is very good and also the Marina Beach Club is very well equipped with good beach and swimming pool, and the personnell do the best to be always useful.
The only strange thing that happened, was that I forgot one Biberon on the table at the breakfast restaurant and when I came back, (after some hours), to ask it back, the Hotel personnell told me that they never found a biberon.....it has disappeared mysteriously.......

However, I have been there 8 nights and I felt very very relaxed and I came back with my battery completely charged....then, at the end, the main target of my December holidays has been achieved....

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Abu Dhabi to spend your year-end holiday.

It is a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with our overall services and that you found our Hiltonia Beach Club to have good facilities and helpful staff.

I have noted your comment regarding the prices of our Bice and La Terrazza restaurants; please rest assured that we always conduct price comparison of restaurants in similar hotels in the city to make sure that our prices are competitive.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we are happy to have contributed to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2011

I read a couple of reviews before travelling that said staff at hotel not very good. To the contrary we found them all so friendly, helpful and attentive. The hotel is great for kids in that the beach club is just across the road and the shopping mall close by was a bonus as there is a fantastic activity centre and rides for the kids. Hotel pretty tired in part ie. old plastic bath, basin, stained shower curtain (which kept getting blocked). Room was fine - great bed, clean and nice linen. If you not too fussy about the small things then I think this is a good spot to be as its so conveniently located and such helpful friendly staff. Food ok but we only had food at La Terraza restaurant

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank blingbling1017
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

First of all, please allow me to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Abu Dhabi during your recent visit to the Emirates.

I am glad to note that you and your family were happy with our facilities and services, and that you found our team members to be helpful and friendly. Indeed, the convenient location of the hotel along the Corniche Avenue and with the Marina Mall in the vicinity adds to the accessibility of various services outside the hotel.

With regards to your comment on the condition of the hotel, please be rest assured that we are constantly improving our rooms and other hotel facilities, such as restaurants, meeting rooms and corridors.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again as valued guests should you visit Abu Dhabi in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2011

We recently had an extended stay (3 weeks) at the Hilton Abu Dhabi, so our experience might be somewhat different:

We stayed on one of the "Executive" floors, which included access to the Executive Lounge. The room was typical for a Hilton (on the small and outdated side), and had great storage space - we were able to unpack 6 suitcases worth of belongings with no problem. The bathroom was not quite clean when we arrived (chunks of hair in the shower), and it took housekeeping three trips to tidy things up.

The Executive Lounge was "good" - nice view out to the Gulf, although it would have been better if they had enforced the smoking and non-smoking sections. I would also not plan on being able to use the computers (although they do have wi-fi, and a business center downstairs). Breakfast was the same every day, with the only variation being in the potato selection, and we only had two days during our stay in which the eggs or sausages were warm. They do offer a "light lunch", which was usually a variety of small sandwiches, along with afternoon tea, and a cocktail hour. These were all nice options to have, and we really appreciated being able to pop up to the lounge for a beverage at any time of day, although the food was universally terrible.

To the credit of the Executive Lounge, the food in the rest of the hotel is equally mediocre. We ate at every restaurant, multiple times, and had a total of two meals that we could consider "decent" - one at Bice (Italian) and the other at Toki (Japanese). There are many better (and less expensive) restaurants in the area, so this is something Hilton should really address.

The star of this Hilton, as mentioned in other reviews, is the Beach Club. The pools are gorgeous and well maintained, and the staff here is much more diligent than at the hotel itself. The beaches are really pretty, and they do a good job of keeping them clean. You have to walk under the street, and then can enter through either the "Beach Club" or "Health Club" - both sides have Men's and Women's locker rooms. The Fitness Center was lovely as well, and the personal trainers helpful and friendly. We did not take any of the classes, as they were closed when we were there.

Overall, we found the staff to be very polite and friendly, although it would be hard to consider it "5 Star". This is not to say that the service was poor, but small details like valet staff never opening car doors, having to ask for the check at every meal, housekeeping being hit-or-miss, etc. were a bit of a distraction. We would probably stay here again if we were in Abu Dhabi, since the Beach Club is fantastic, and we are addicted to Hilton points, but this hotel definitely has its issues.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to write this comment.

I have well-noted your comments regarding our services at the Executive Lounge and the food variety available. Rest assured that these observations have been brought to the attention of relevant department heads.

On the other hand, I am pleased to learn that the Beach Club and its facilities meet with your satisfaction. May I take this opportunity to thank you for your kind compliments on the friendliness and helpfulness of our team members; I will pass on your comments to them.

We are always glad to receive feedback from our guests in order to improve our customer service and standards. We place great value on your patronage to the Hilton and we hope to welcome you again during your next visit to the Emirates.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

This hotel is just a few minutes away from the Marina Mall (we even walked back to the hotel from the mall with no problems) and in itself seemed like a good and decent hotel, up to international Hilton standards.

The service in this hotel is excellent with the most friendly staff you can imagine, with the exception for the lady who's working in the executive lounge... But it seemed as if she was there before breakfast was served until after the lounge closed, so I can imagine that such working hours do not contribute to a good mood... But anyway, the lounge itself was okay, with nice refreshments throughout the day and a good selection of hot snacks during the evenings. It was never overcrowded and we had a relaxing time in the lounge after long days of sightseeing.

The rooms are not too bad, but for starters the curtains do not fully close; light shines through the sides and there is no normal way to prevent this, other than using your suitcase(s) to clamp the curtains between the wall and your suitcases, and even then a lot of light shines through. The rooms are kind of on the small side, even rooms on the executive floor are smallish and furniture may need a refurbishment. The rooms were clean though and that's what's most important for me...

Then there is the noise... The hotel is very thin-walled and this was a major issue for myself and my travel partners; on more than one occasion we were woken up by children playing in the hall way! Combine this with the lights coming through the curtains and you can imagine that it was very hard to fall asleep again...

Last but not least: the thing that keeps us coming back... The hotel has its own 'Beach Club' just across the street (you can get there safely by using the underpass). This beach club has everything you need for a relaxing 'day at the beach'. They have plenty of pools, a nice beach and a lot of water sport activities. There's also a gym and a spa in the building adjacent to it. The pool is open until late and the restaurant / bar has a decent selection of food. This beach club is an absolute asset to this hotel and without it we would not return to this hotel...

If you really need a good night's rest, find another place to stay (e.g. the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi), but if you don't mind being disturbed in your sleep or getting sun light shining through the curtains early in the morning, go and enjoy the Hiltonia Beach Club!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stefan H
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2010

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this comment.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the level of customer service. Indeed, our location is accessible to the Marina Mall as well as easy access to public transport to go around the city. Additionally, I would like to mention our complimentary hotel shuttle bus to the mall as well as to the world-renowned Grand Mosque.

Please rest assured that I personally followed up on the service attitude of one particular colleague from our service crew with the concerned head of department.

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the curtains. Since we have just refurbished majority of our rooms, we certainly don’t want our guests be faced with such inconveniences.

On a different note, I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our Hiltonia Beach Club facilities during your stay. Our beach club is still the largest and one of the most sophisticated in the city.

Finally, it is good to know that you prefer to stay with us during your next visit and we look forward to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 17 October 2010

My colleagues and I stayed at the Hilton Abu Dhabi for five weeks during the month of Ramadan. Despite some noise from the rennovations, the stay was excellent due to excellent service. The concierges and the guest relations staff were always more than helpful and were apologetic when we had to change rooms because of the noise from the construction. My colleagues and I had to work at night and then sleep during the night so the quiet was very important. Also, the restaurant staff, particularly La Terrazza, all went above and beyond and were very friendly. Hemingway's was great as well for drinks and the occaisonal giant burger. I recommend the one with portabello mushrooms and brie! The only confusing thing was if you were supposed to seat yourself or not-but once you did everything was fine. There is a great gym and spa across the street right by the beach as well. All in all, my colleagues and I left feeling spoiled.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Opeartions at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this comment.

I am glad to learn that you and your colleagues enjoyed your long stay with us over Ramadan and that you found our services excellent. Thank you for your appreciative comments on our La Terrazza staff as well as the food in Hemingway’s.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you again during your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 29 September 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Abu Dhabi for the 5th year running and had the most amazing time. This hotel really does have a superb location, its just far enough from the centre of town, there are great walks along the corniche and its easy to walk to the Marina mall for a spot of shopping. Most importantly, this hotel has some of the best nightlife in Abu Dhabi, the Jazz Bar is great for some live music, Bice restaurant is a beautiful Italian and Vasco's is great for some outside dining under the stars. So no need to travel anywhere for your dinner if you don't want to.

The Health/Beach clubs are amazing too and included in your room price. If you like yoga then check out Debbie's amazing classes ! The gym is also well appointed and airy. Loved the beach and the pools.

As others have said the service is excellent and everybody we dealt with during our 9 night stay couldn't do enough. It was my birthday during the trip and I was honoured with cake and a cocktail at the beach bar, a cake in my room and a then a farewell cake on our last night.

Ok so to the downsides, agreed this hotel is old and there is building going on next door and by the beach, BUT we couldn't fault our room for cleanliness and it certainly had everything in it that I would expect and need. No it probably isn't as plush as other hotels but how much time does one stay in the room in Abu Dhabi ? Having stayed here before and being a bit of a light sleeper we took a room away from the road and heard no road noise whatsoever - so if you need peace ask for a garden facing room.

All in all a great place and definitely worth going back to again !

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VirgoBerkshire
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2010

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay again at the Hilton Abu Dhabi.

I am glad to learn that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us and you find our location accessible. It’s also nice to know that you loved the facilities of our Hiltonia Beach Club and have enjoyed the food and service in our restaurants. Thank you for your nice comments on the service of our team members; I will pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcome you again during your next visit to Abu Dhabi.