“Poor Service, no atmosphere.”
Review of Scott's - CLOSED

Scott's
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Scott’s is not just any seafood restaurant - it's the seafood restaurant - of London. For the first time in its 160 year history, Scott's is opening in a new location in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Offering the finest oysters, fish and crustacean, as well as seasonal game, meat and vegetarian dishes, the decor of this rare and exquisite escape is as dramatic as its location over water.
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was very disappointed with my recent visit to Scott's restaurant whilst on holiday in Abu Dhabi. I ordered the Curry Roasted Cod which arrived at my table cold. I asked the waitress if she could take it back and heat it up quickly, which she agreed to do. When the dish was returned to me the fish was still cold. I complained again and our waiter asked would I like to choose something else on the menu, by this stage the other diners with me had finished their main course - So I saw no point in ordering a new dish to eat on my own.

We sat at a table outside and there are not many tables outside, it is very quiet with no soft background music. We found it lacked atmosphere. What I saw in Abu Dhabi would not encourage me to visit Scott's in London. Overall I found this restaurant was over priced and lacked atmosphere. The food was not great and the service was below average. When a restaurant cannot follow simple instructions to heat up food, it is very poor in my opinion. I have to say I visited far superior restaurants in Abu dhabi in the Hilton Hotel and Emirates Palace and would not recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank La E

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We really enjoyed our meal in Scott's. We had the smallest portion of caviar just as a taster, never having had it before. It was beautifully served and very tasty. I then had prawns in orange and lime jus followed by seabass. My husband razor clams then kingfish. All the food was delicious, cooked well, and again beautifully presented. We didn't have desserts but did have a portion of the chocolate truffles - yummy!

The decor is gorgeous but unfortunately lacking in atmosphere. There were only 4 other tables occupied. I think it was because we were there on a Friday night (Friday being brunch day!). But our waiter was very knowledgeable, attentive and interesting. He recommended the most delicious dessert wine and was very kind in getting the label off the bottle for me to take away.

I would definitely visit again, just not on a Friday night.

And ladies be careful on the walk out to the restaurant. You have to cross a lot of decking and the heels of my Christian Louboutins (sorry not meaning to name drop but I'm sure you understand my concern) got stuck between 2 boards. Thankfully the heels weren't damaged but I'll know next time to take extra care.

1  Thank Edmonstone
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Scott’s. We are delighted that you enjoyed your evening at our restaurant. Concerning the walk through the decking, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Please be advised that for your convenience we are providing a buggy shuttle to and from the lobby to Scott’s. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Scott’s in the near future.
Best regards,
Guest Relations Team

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had our friend's birthday dinner celebration at scott's .. it was lovely .. loved the entrees especially the rissoto.. the main courses were good ... the desserts were amazing especially the bomb's presentation .. finally, the staff were friendly and many thanks to Mr. Nikolas for the Bday cake!

Thank you very much for these compliments! We are thrilled that we added to the birthday celebration and that you and your friends enjoyed the evening. We are looking forward to your next visit!
Best regards,
Guest Relations Team

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Excellent location and ambiance, food was ok but below expectations. Food lacks in creativity and presentation. They certainly know how to cook good sea food and restaurant's retro decor is great. Paid a lot of money for the meal, but overall not overwhelmed by the experience.

1  Thank TheDiplomats
Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear TheDiplomats,
The warmest greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi! Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for sharing your feedback on your experiences with us at Scott’s.
Thank you for your comments pertaining to the food and the restaurant décor. I have forwarded your suggestions to our Chef de Cuisine where I’m sure your feedback will be taken on board.
I hope we have the chance of welcoming you back to Scott’s in the near future where I can assure you that the experience will prove more fruitful.
Best regards, Doris Greif, General Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I booked a table two weeks ago at Scott's (1st visit) for my wife's birthday as we are fish lovers. The starters were good, wine list was very good, setting was excellent. These comments form the basis for the 3 stars but with the following experience I was very tempted to give 1 or 2 stars only.

My wife and I then selected the plateau de fruit de mer which was the wrong choice. The shellfish was terrible, the welks were inedible as well as frozen, the frozen issue applied to most of the dish content, which was generally tasteless and watery. After reporting this, the staff informed me that the food is imported from Europe (why? when there is so much availability in the region) and that the Chef also admitted there may have been a problem with the freezer!?

I thought ok, we all make mistakes and admitting it is a good start. I asked the waiter to sample a couple of welks with the chef and let me know whether we were wrong as I was concerned that they were off but there was no follow up. Clearly the staff could see that we were not enjoying the food, the chef could have spoken to us, offered an alternative dish, nothing, maybe I should have asked.

We left a lot of the dish untouched and eventually felt that we were asked to accept our fate or go, we did so paying full price, we had dessert elsewhere.

Subsequently I received an automated customer survey email from Jumeirah which I replied to on the spot but no follow up again which now prompts me to post my views here. I am left disappointed as living in Abu Dhabi I thought I would find in Scott's a trusted fish restaurant to go to and at that price we should have guaranteed quality. Jumeirah it would seem find that cashing in is much more important than customer service and repeat business which is the wrong approach considering the constant new choice of top end restaurants and hotels in Abu Dhabi.

1  Thank Frogvm
Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Mr. Montanet,
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post a review and for submitting your feedback on our online guest satisfaction survey, your constructive feedback and critique is truly appreciated.
I’m saddened to hear that your experience at Scott’s wasn’t to your liking and I deeply apologise for this. My director of Food & Beverages will be in touch with you shortly to discuss these issues further.
Once again, thank you ever so much for your feedback. I hope to have the chance of welcoming you back to Scott’s one day so that in order to rectify your experience with us.
Best regards, Doris Greif, General Manager