“Business trip made easy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Centro Capital Centre

Centro Capital Centre
Ranked #55 of 131 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
England
“Business trip made easy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

My company booked this hotel for a course attended by participants from Asia, India and MENA. The hotel is only a month old; is very tastefully decorated and the rooms are well appointed and comfortable. I would have rated this hotel as excellent but there is a construction site next door. There was some low level noise but it didn't prevent me from sleeping. If it's a concern for you I suggest you ask for an ocean facing room. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the meeting room area was very well thought out with break out space and sofas. The hotel is next door to the exhibition centre and about a 10-15 minute taxi ride to the centre of town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are quieter.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor, we are glad you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your future visits.

Kind regards,

Ibrahim A. Addam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Mr. Shareef - Sales Manager has offered great deal to us and me and my family so happy with that. It was our second visit to Rotana property and we hope it gets better in our next visit.

Few of the issues;

1. It took us over 15 mins for check in

2. Despite of request the security didnt open the parking door, though we informed them that our booking is already done and we just have to check in and the issue is we have so much luggage so they asked to check in first and park

3. Despite of mentioning the Rotana Select no to Ms. Cherylyn at front office she have entered the other no, we cross checked with Mr. Alaa and he confirmed the no which was entered earlier was wrong

4. Being Rotana Select member we were suppose to get VIP Amenities which we didnt get

5. Choice of TV Channels are very less, specially Asian

6. Internet Speed is too slow

7. Staff was not aware of membership benefits and we had to ask many people and again the response was mixed

8. No Adapter / 3 pin plug was there, usually 1 star or 2 star hotels have it, we couldnt plug in our charger. We have been asked to buy it.

9. No slippers and bathrobs were there, even we requested but we have been told its 3 star hotel and you dont find such stuff

10. The phone connection wire was damaged and we had to struggle with the phone

11. When we went to C Deli and asked them around 11.30 or 11.45 for food from the menu so they said they have only sandwiches available and we cant order from menu and when we went to C Mondo the gentlemen told us that we can order and he showed us a dish which he got for someone and it was from the menu.

When we asked him to check the discount on Select / Classic Membership so he wasnt sure and when he called at Front Desk to check so he has been told "We are busy so call later" so he asked me to go myself and check and when i check they were not sure as mentioned earlier.

Again we thank Mr. Shareef Malak for offering us great deal and i hope our bad experience could be converted into pleasant one and hope we get compensated.

Caiyad Phahad - Film Maker from Abu Dhabi

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CaiyadPhahad-TMD
Dear Mr. Syed,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us and I would like first of all, to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, please rest assured that we are taking steps to develop our services and colleagues performance to meet guest expectations, all your comments were shared with our concerned departments.

It was my great pleasure to welcoming you back at Centro Capital Centre this weekend and hope to continue staying at our hotel.

Kind regards,

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

Let me start by stating that this a new hotel and some of these issues should be resolved as time goes on. But check in took over 2 hours. The phone in my room did not work the entire stay (Sat - Thursday). TV volume is programmed to max out at 25%. I'm not hard of hearing but it is impossible to hear the tv while the AC is running. You're in a desert so it is always running. Breakfast is expensive and lacking. Other than the negatives, it is very convenient to the exposition center. Maybe they will fix the kinks after a few weeks. It is about 30 minutes away from the tourist area and international airport.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we sincerely regret the inconvenience that it may have caused you and would like to assure you that we are working on sorting out all the issues you had mentioned, telephones in guest rooms have been checked by our information technology department and get it rectified, we have started re-setting the TV volume to be louder, and re-looked at our food variety during breakfast.

Your sincerely,

Trondheim, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I am just on my way back after some days in this hotel during ADIPEC 2012. The location to the exhibition venue is excellent and the reason that we stayed here. Hotel is very simple and basic but ok. Location for everything except the exhibition center is poor.

The low rating is given based on that they gave me a room with bed bugs the first night. I did not realize until next day how many of them it was, I just hope I did not get any with me in my luggage. I was given a new room upon request, but not to many apologizes about what happened.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Dear Mr. Geir,

Thank you for your comments and feedback, we are sad to hear that you have not fully enjoyed your stay with us, I would like to clarify with regards to your comments about the bed bugs, that we have inspected the rooms and no bed bugs were found, they were wood flies and all our rooms have been treated.

looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have just spent a week at this establishment and unless you are working within a kilometre, and you've only got a limited budget, I'd suggest going elsewhere. Unfortunately there is very few places to eat locally and the food in the restaurant was very average.
The staff did there utmost to help and were very nice, and the rooms were comfortable albeit small, however there is nothing nearby to attract you out of work hours.
Also, there is no in room dining.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your constructive comments and feedback, would like to highlight that we will be running shortly a free shuttle bus for the guests convenient, in addition to the nearby malls that we already have, we have started our food and beverage delivery from C.deli 24/7, appreciate your comments about the colleagues which are passed on to the team, hope to have you staying with us again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Warrington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Very comfortable hotel but wi fi is not set up in all the rooms. Apparently, I needed to be on floor 5 if I wanted wi-fi and floor 5 was fully booked so I had to work from reception which is simply not good enough in the 21st Century. It is also 90 dihrams per day which is extortionate, whereas every other hotel I've stayed in the UAE, wi-fi was always free. Over a week this is an unreasonable cost.

If you're on holiday and you want to be detached from the net it's fine - otherwise avoid.

Room Tip: Book 5th floor for guarenteed wi-fi (apparently)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Mr. Martin,

Thank you for your comments and feedback, we apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the WIFI signal coverage, we had added more WIFI access points in each floor to ensure WIFI signal is strong enough to cover all rooms up to the guests satisfaction. Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing this matter with us and for giving us the opportunity to improve further our standards.

Best Regards,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was surprised by the quality of accommodations at the hotel. I was in town for two nights attending a conference and I was very satisfied with my stay.
I booked to compact queen room. I did not get breakfast with the room since I had no time for a full meal in the morning. The hotel was 2 minutes walk from the Abu Dhabi national exhibition center where many events are organized all year round. it would have been just one minute walk if it weren't for the construction work going on the time and having to go around them. they were mostly street beatification projects.

Room Tip: the hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from the Abu Dhabi National exhibition center. if you are in...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fatma0001
Centro C, Manager at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Fatma,

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Best Regards,