“High Quality , Great Value Luxury Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosewood Abu Dhabi

Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
East Molesey, United Kingdom
“High Quality , Great Value Luxury Hotel”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

From the moment I walked into the Rosewood, I felt like my custom was valued. Having arrived on an overnight flight and unable to get a shower at Dubai airport, I arrived at the hotel at 9.30am hoping to be able to use the shower in the spa to freshen up. However, I was very pleasantly surprised to be told that I could have my room now, rather than wait until the afternoon to check-in.

My butler accompanied to my room, showed me how to use all the gagdets, which was useful given everything in the room is run from the in-rom iPad. He was very helpful without being intrusive, and was a very nice touch. The room itself was very spacious, with an enormous bathroom, and a nice touch was the huge bath tub next to the retractable screen, allowing you to soak in the bath while watching the huge TV! The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

The price paid for such luxury was very good value compared to other hotels in the region, however, I did think charging for Wifi in this day and age was a bit unnecessary for a high class hotel, although, having discussed this with the management, there are discussing the possibility of making it free from next year.

The only other thing to note is that given the location of Maryah Island, you may not be able to get a taxi on demand, so factor in a 10-minute wait if you are going to be time sensitive.

2 Thank CityGent
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
We would like to thank you for posting such rewarding and encouraging comments! Your compliments have been shared with the Team and they were very grateful for what they have contributed to make your stay memorable.

Al Maryah Island is getting busier every day, also with the recent opening of the highly anticipated Galleria shopping, and taxis in the city are becoming more familiar with our hotel. We also added some great directional signs which will definitely help.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you at our property, and thanks again for your great comments.

Luigi Romaniello

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Come and visit the hotel in the evening time to enjoy relaxing moments throughout the night. Spacious lobby, super-friendly staff who will recieve and serve you with a smile that warms your heart. I believe it would be one of the best hotels in AUH

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Shahrazaad,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so happy to learn that we made a lasting impression on you during your visit with us. Thanks also for recognizing our staff, providing personalized attention to our guests is the first priority in our service culture!. I will certainly share your feedback to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Rosewood Abu Dhabi.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights in November 2013 on business. The hotel is well decorated, and I simply love the spacious room, the pool and the modern and well equipped fitness center.

Breakfast selection is simple but of high quality.

The 5-star service level, however was quite sporadic throughout my stay. While most are exceptional, there were few incidents where requests were not returned or not addressed.

I checked out at 11pm and paying the full day rates (not late check-out). But I noticed the housekeeping was of sub-standard and limited to cleaning the dustbin and making your bed on the last morning of my stay.

Overall, it's a great business hotel that I would visit again in my next trip.

Dear Terry,

We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us at the Rosewood Abu Dhabi. Please be assumed that we have taken your comments very constructively with regards to Housekeeping standards and we have been focusing on perfecting our services.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had sent an e mail to rose wood on the 1st November to highlight my dis satisfaction. Till date there has been NO REPLY which shows clearly that their problems lay higher than just the service staff. It seems management are also not interested in customers complaints.

We visited rosewood for dinner on the night of the grand opening, firstly we were very disappointed to be told that only one restaurant was open due to the event, therefore we were left with little choice of where to eat and we were not invited to join your grand opening and dine there.

Although there were many staff present, it seemed difficult to get any information from them as they were pre occupied ! Whilst i understand rosewood had an event, this was to open the hotel officially and attract customers. We are indeed also customers and wished to be treated with a little more attention and not pushed to the side as we did not have an invite to the event.

We finally found the location of the Italian restaurant.

We were very disappointed with the food. We ordered a starter to share between three people, we stated clearly that it was for sharing, the portion size was inadequate for three or even two. The food was served before the plates ! Therefore sitting waiting and getting cold till the plates arrived which was not very quickly. The food was nothing more than deep fried seafood selection and disappointing to the taste buds.

We ordered two glasses of wine from the house wine list, the wine was opened at the table therefore not giving it time to breathe. The purpose for ordering house red wines is that they are already opened and have had a chance to settle.

The wine was served long after after the starter.

We ordered a bottle of water that was placed in a wine cooler near the table and no one refilled the glasses during our meal. If we wanted to refill the water we had to leave the table to get it from the cooler.

We ordered the steak and a ricotta gnocchi.

The steak was ordered med rare, it was medium to well when arrived, the potatoes on top of the steak were over cooked leaving them more like crisps than potato. Not even attractive as a decoration let alone something you are supposed to be able to eat.

The gnocchi was a disappointing portion size, only 8 pieces ! As an Italian restaurant, I would have expected a much more hearty portion size as this is part of what makes Italian food, Italian !

The flavor of the gnocchi was nothing special and it was over salted. Only ate because we were hungry due to the starter being too small for the number of people ordered for.

My colleague ordered a salad and stated that it would be as a main course, the salad was served before the starter, leaving her with a full plate of food in front of her until ours arrived. She told the waiter that she would have it as a main with the other guests and he just said OK, but made no effort to take the plate away and return it again with the rest of the order at a later time.

We would have relayed this to the staff on the night if anyone had bothered to attend our table and follow up with us on how the meal was and if it was to our liking. As no one even took the time to refill the water glasses, let alone ask us as to our satisfaction of the quality of the food, this was not a task we were able to do.

The smell in the restaurant kitchen from the food being cooked and burnt was overwhelming, to the point that all out clothes smelt like it the next day. Had we have been going to another event after dinner this would have ruined our evening.

We received a 700 + AED bill for three people, one of whom only had a salad.

I am disappointed with the overall experience and do not feel that the standard of your food is up to the quality of the cost. The service was poor and the overall first experience of Rosewood was very low.

After receiving NO response from Rosewood after e mailing them on the 1st of Novemeber 2013. I am not waiting to receive a response now ! Had they have been interested in resolving the issues someone should have taken the time to contact me.... I will not visit Rosewood again Just based on the fact that no one seems to really care about customer service !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank trina m
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Trina,

First of all I would like to apologize for the experience you had with us on that evening, this is clearly not the type of service our guests receive at Rosewood. Thank you for your constructive feedback, we have reviewed all the details you mentioned with our Team at Aqua.

You already have my contact details, feel free to get back to me when you are available.
I would be more than happy to welcome you back at Rosewood Abu Dhabi and I hope you'll give us a second chance.

Best regards,

Managing Director
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel has been open for about 6 months, and it already operates like a well-established hotel. Impeccable levels of service, and the rooms are extremely comfortable and well-appointed. Nice touch: the sliding screen separating the bathroom from the bedroom that enables one to sit in the soaking bath and gaze out over the city and Gulf.

Butler service was top-notch, room service very prompt, and the food at breakfast and afternoon tea were extremely good.

The area is in the process of being developed, so it's a bit quiet right now, but easily accessible to the main centre: taxis abound, there are three bus lines a few metres from the hotel entrance, and the Abu Dhabi Mall is a 10-15min walk away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback, and impeccable service is truly what we strive for!
I will share your kind comments with our associates especially our butlers and culinary teams. We are passionate about our service..and great cuisine!

Al Maryah Island is indeed coming alive and creating new exciting opportunities such as fantastic shopping at The Galleria, great dining venues, and this just the start of a truly amazing destination. We can't wait to see it completed with other world class restaurants, shopping and amenities expected to open in the next few months.

Looking forward to having you back soon!

London UK
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel at a great new location nothing was too much trouble just got back from the AD Grand Prix and although quite a distance from the track taxis are very cheap! Try the Friday brunch if you are there it's an amazing treat! The Glo bar at night is lovely great music great ambience, and the spa is everything you want from a spa they couldn't do enough for you.
Then there are the rooms all with amazing views ask for now looking over the city and you will get great sunsets especially from the window baths!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and positive comments.

It’s great to see you have recommended our Friday Brunch and enjoyed Glo and Sense Spa. I agree with you on the sunsets - they are spectacular!

Hope to see you again soon at Rosewood Abu Dhabi!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Rosewood Abu Dhabi is one of the few places i have been to where everything is perfect. First location, the hotel is on a Maryah island a few steps from the newly opened Galleria Mall with its high end shops. Second the hotel itself is beautifully designed inside out. third, rooms. spacious and very well appointed. i also liked the use of the ipad to control everything from TV, lights and the AC. Fourth, the food. Everything from breakfast to in room dinning is great. i loved the Indian food. last but the most important point is the service. The Rosewood offers, the highest level of service from the moment you check in up until check out. I think this is what differentiate between a good hotel and a great one. One person in particular stands out, the Sommelier at La Cava (sorry i forgot his name). He represents what i do believe as a next level of excellence.
I had a wonderful break at the Rosewood and i am sure i will be visiting again soon.
A job very well done.

Room Tip: stayed on the 6th floor. Had a room over looking the pool, You will hear some music coming from the...