“Marvellous”
Review of Rosewood Abu Dhabi

Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 4 January 2014

From the check in on the 24/12/2013 to our check out on the 04/01/2014 my wife and I

thoroughly enjoyed our first stay at Rosewood Abu Dhabi.

Spectacular views, excellent service and great food.

Thank you for looking after us Rosewood.:)

Room Tip: Once you book,regardless of the room you will enjoy it, your satisfaction and comfort is guaranteed...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Arthur,

Thank you for your visit and great feedback!

Hope to see you again soon.

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I fancied a night away ( we live in nearby Dubai) and we were recommended to try the Rosewood.
Our trip was fantastic, the staff at the hotel are excellent, very hospitable, welcoming and efficient. Our room was really well designed,we found the I pad controls a little tricky but once we got the hang of it , it was really cool.
Food and Drink wise, we had a fabulous experience in La Cava, with over 8000 wines and a sommelier who was knowledgeable, friendly and patient, you cannot fail to enjoy it. they let you taste some wines for you to then take to dinner.
Dinner was out of this world…..Catalan was a great surprise, spanish food with a twist. Once again staff were very attentive and efficient .
Overall we really had a fabulous time and even though the pool was a little cold and there was some work going on to increase the sun bed area in, the staff coped really well and we were well looked after.

Definitely a place to visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Emma,

We highly appreciate your thoughtful comments and have shared them with Isael our Head Sommelier as well as with our La Cava and pool teams.

We hope to see you back soon, once the deck is finished so you can enjoy the sun at Glo.

Wishing you a prosperous 2014.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I became a regular guest of this fantastic hotel after the first visit. Everything is amazing from the bellman, the front desk, the butler, the SPA, …etc. Rooms are very clean and double checks in daily basis. Rooms are large as well.
There are diversities in the restaurants at the hotel; Mediterranean, Indian, Italian, Spanish, ..etc. All the hotel employees are very kind, keep smiling and greeting you, …etc. Its location is next to my company which located in a new modern island which is the new Abu Dhabi commercial center. Nice mall is walking distance from the hotel, connected by underground tunnel. Finally, I recommend it to anyone visiting AD.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Mr. Ziad,

We highly appreciate your great feedback, recommendation and love for Rosewood Abu Dhabi!
It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you many more times walk through our doors.

Wishing you a prosperous Festive Season.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I spent one day in the hotel and it was the best service I got in my life .
I would like to thank all the staff and management of rosewood hotel.

I recommend every one to visit the hotel and enjoy your life with them.

Best regards
Sameer Ali

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Sameer,

Thank you very much for the feedback and recommendation! We will share your great comment with our associates.

We hope to see you again soon at the Rosewood Abu Dhabi.

Wish you a Prosperous Festive Season!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The arrival is quick and friendly at 7:30 pm - with little personality but efficient. This is followed by well prepared and smiling front-desk: "We have your booking", (not correct,but that happens, and quickly rectified), "Can we confirm"…. quick and fast; "can we deduct" 120% of your total room rate for your stay from your credit card?……

I have checked into many hotels - from The Adlon Berlin to Burj Al Arab Dubai, The QM II, Four Seasons all over, Mandarin all over, Ritz-Carlton and Shangri-La all over; I have never been asked to invest well over double my total stay costs before I have checked in.

It is a nice hotel, but it is not THAT special - and it is this kind of corporate policy that kills the hotel - and will make me avoid Rosewood again.
The rest of the check-in went as expected - luggage delivery quick. With an early morning start some suit pressing was needed before an 8:30 pm dinner; however the collection took 3 reminders and 1 hour to do. Another management/policy manpower decision?

The rooms are great, make no mistake, slick-modern, well designed. But as with most things there is a BUT: The iPad-controlled TV, (and everything else), is a pain. I know remote curtain closers are meant to be cool - but I have more to do in day than play room Apps.
Everything in the room works with iPad, WiFi, and connectivity - except my iPad and computer, which needs another process, and hourly payment, to log in. Go figure, more "customer gouging", I never had this at the hotel on Central Park in NYC in October!

Now - this hotel has some real "gems" - mainly due to individual staff-members and not the management style.
The terrace restaurant Glo was lovely - service (for a corporate function) was good - and the food as expected (good, but nothing I remembered a week on) - but there are some wonderful, attentive and professional staff who went way beyond the banqueting function - talent frankly wasted in this environment.

However - if in Abu Dhabi please visit La Cava: This is basically a well constructed "cellar space" with a well-travelled and experienced Chilean sommelier who knew his global wine stuff well beyond the norm. For a South African, on the eve of Madiba's funeral not to have a toast with a good SA red, would be unforgivable.

As it turned out - it was unforgettable - A Vergellegen Vintage Cab - 2006 felt like 'home' to me, and (more accurate to say several bottles) went around the room, and was thoroughly enjoyed by many who knew the western Cape, (and surprisingly many did).

If in Abu Dhabi - do try La Cava - the hotel is okay (but there are better - with better rooms and policy), who understand well-travelled corporate visitors and who do not believe their brand is more special than their guests.

"A Sense of Place" - is the Rosewood corporate slogan - but misses the mark here - not surprisingly most of the delegation (local nationals) went home or changed hotel after the first night.

To crown the corporate attitude - I did a quick check-out on departure - instructed the c/card deduction and asked for the bill to be sent to my email address.
I am still waiting - having paid Rosewood has lost interest!
No doubt I will start to receive special offer spam when they have the system in place…..

Room Tip: Ensure rooms overlook the bay, and not the city. Glo is great for drink - La Cava is a must - I wo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JustConserveTravel

We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us at the Rosewood Abu Dhabi.

We have taken your comments very constructively into consideration, we believe these are now ironed out.

I do hope if you visit Abu Dhabi again, you will visit us again at the Rosewood Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Attended a banquet and the facilities were outstanding, the food was excellent, and service top notch. I had a drink in the bar and it was a great overall experience. The bartender was great and the drink was outstanding! I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bruce,

I greatly appreciate such great recommendation and feedback on our banquets team as well as bar experience, I have shared your comments with the team and they are very happy they made an impact!

We look forward to your visit soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Used to think that Emirates Palace was the benchmark but this is another planet. GM Luigi Romaniello and every single memner of his staff go the extra mile amd provide a unique and unforgettable experience. Food, rooms, service, location: the Rosewood has it all. To make an example, the Hidden Bar is a dream within a dream: Theodoros provides perfection: attentive and discreet, he is a Greek gentleman of the old times, absolutely perfect. Vast outdoors terraces, great shisha, resort-like atmosphere, posh people, in a word perfection. Please try it, a true experience. Go for the junior suite, a dream within a dream with great value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank AdrianoBerrino

Dear Adriano,

Thank you for such outstanding feedback! We have shared your great comments with Theo and the rest of the associates!

We hope to see you very soon at Rosewood Abu Dhabi.