“elegance in heart of new "it place" in abu dhabi”
Review of Rosewood Abu Dhabi

Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Ranked #4 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“elegance in heart of new "it place" in abu dhabi”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Nestled in the new "it place" in abu dhabi sowah island, next to the 5 star hospital in the middle east cleveland clinic & the high end galleria mall. Pretty seaview & city view, moderb facility, very convenient location, very safe, lovely restaurants & conference rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for seaview room on high floors
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Jen,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we truly appreciate your kind review. Since your visit in November the name of our island has now been changed to “Al Maryah” and it is becoming growingly active with the opening of new world class restaurants and the increased energy at Rosewood Abu Dhabi and The Galleria. We hope to have you back at our hotel again soon!

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am writing this review after my second Rosewood visit. I had tiny issues (wifi not free - beds not as comfy) the first time but I still had a wonderful time. the hotel was relatively new. When I received the hotel survey, I went back with all my notes and received a message from the hotel manager to come back and let them know as they will arrange to fix the tiny issues I had with the hotel.

The 2nd time I returned, I was amazed at the level of care they provided, I felt like I was going back home as they all addressed me with my name and their customer care was incredible. I don't know if the beds were different but I didn't have trouble sleeping.

I want to keep the special things they did to myself as they are special, but the one thing I will share is what they did for us over dinner at the spice mela restaurant. YUMMY food btw, even though it's on the expensive side. I called in to make a reservation and asked for a table outside, without hesitation, they said OK! so when we went for dinner, we were greeted at the door and told that they don't really have outside seating, but have set up a table for us if we still wanted to sit outside, we said yes and enjoyed dinner for two by ourselves. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious and authentic.

With everything they did for me, I have definitely switched my business from Etihad towers hotel to Rosewood Hotel. I am going back to Rosewood on the 8th of May and I can't wait. this is my go to hotel as long as they stay nice to me. I keep telling all my friends to try them.

Thank you Luigi, I am sure this is a testament to your leadership. Keep it up.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reem,

You are so kind to post such a wonderful review! I am also happy that you are becoming such a loyal guest of Rosewood Abu Dhabi after your recent experiences. I know that our staff is always looking forward to having you here! Chef Sid also appreciated your comments about Spice Mela and I am happy that on that night we made your dinner experience extra special. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I adored my stay at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. I had to stay there for 3 nights as I had work commitments on Al Maryah Island and the Rosewood was the perfect escape from the Abu Dhabi busy-ness. The staff are impeccable, the selection of restaurants are second to none and the rooms themselves are simply stunning! They provide every amenity you can possibly think of and I truly felt as if I was in a home away from home!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We really appreciated your excellent review of our hotel. Great having you “home” with us! Please let us know if we can ever assist you in planning another visit, and hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is very welcoming with courteous staff, and balances a warm ambiance with the latest technology. The food is great too and there is decent variety to choose from. Look forward to my next trip!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We are definitely a technology friendly hotel with iPAD systems in every room etc. but will all the service warmth and cuisine of an exclusive Rosewood property. We also look forward to your next visit!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've visited Rosewood Abu Dhabi for more than 8 times. During every stay, I'm received and warmly welcomed as if it was my first visit. Exceptional service and elegant décor and finishing.
The attention to tiny details is visible and excellent all through the hotel.
The in-room dining menu has a wide variety of choices and of delicate quality. Professional therapists at the spa and up to date fitness equipment at the gym.

Best Wishes.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are located in the upper floors facing a soothing sea view.
Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of Rosewood Abu Dhabi! We always appreciate every time you stay at our hotel - this is the best compliment you can give us! Thanks again for taking the time to post your review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 April 2014

quick check-in and check-out .. great place .. great staff .. i liked the high tech in the hotel.
food is average.. very clean..price is very fair to the service and the hotel luxury style .. i will visit the hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we are happy that your overall experience was positive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Any hotel like the Rosewood can have nice surroundings and comfortable furniture, but the difference here is the staff. We got to know the staff during a fairly lengthy stay, and all of them (all young) are extremely committed to their jobs. (Apologies to those that I've missed)
The other good thing about the hotel is the quality of the ingredients going in to the food; always excellent.
How does Lisel (the morning greeter in Aqua) always manage to be so cheerful? The rest of the staff, both morning and evening are also great. A special mention to Harris, Neumanja, Olena, Nick, Tariq, Supriya, Matu, Amisalia, and Brusel. The menu did change during our stay, and it's worth mentioning the brunch which was excellent, without the excesses seen during some of the Dubai ones!
Afternoon tea in the majlis is great and you probably only need one between two. Well done to Nadia, Juliette, and Ludna.
You can go to La Cava and have bar food while discussing the vast wine list with Isael; he certainly knows his wines and is always happy to chat.
The Hidden Bar provides great cocktails. Well done to Theo, Anatolli, Reisa, Diane, Ali, and Bruno. Ignore the cocktail list and just ask Anatolli to make you something (I'd suggest a coffee martini or apple vodka martini). (Ask the staff what English novels they are reading; they've been told their reading lists and we will be testing soon!)
Catalan makes great Spanish food, no more needs to be said.
The desk staff, door staff, and room staff are helpful, nothing seems to be a problem.
Finally, this is the first hotel I've stayed in where I've suggested an improvement (in the online post-stay questionnaire) and the work has been done within a few days!
We're lucky to now have the hotel as our "local" and look forward to many future visits.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank al_in_muscat
Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience at our hotel. We are so pleased that so many of our associates made such a great impression on you! I will make sure to recognize all the amazing staff you mentioned and thanks again for all your kind comments. We all hope to see you back soon!