“Absolutely ”
Review of Rosewood Abu Dhabi

Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Below is my perception of my stay:
- the welcome was the best and most friendly I have received. I felt that everyone took a part in the welcome in an equal friendly manner. Greeted at the car by a gentleman with a big smile called John who walked me through all the way to the reception desk and then by a very friendly lady who answered all my requests with "Absolutely", then was offered a nice refreshing cocktail with ginger and I was escorted with a super friendly butler to my "Quiet" room
- Every staff I came across at this hotel was friendly, outgoing, natural, happy, proud and had a high moral. That was a great ambiance.
- The room was classy and chic with the best quality beddings, toiletries, great TV etc.... and actually the windows were REAL soundproof. Finally I could sleep, sleep and sleep again
- food was delicious at the Spanish restaurant (previous visit) with a lot of creativity and attentive service
- the mall attached also gives an option to good choice of casual restaurants and many fashion brands.
- The only negative issue was the Wifi. I hope one of the hotels can explain to me why someone can come from the street and get free wifi in the lobby and as a hotel guest I can't get free wifi in my room. Also the free wifi in the lobby is so slow and you need to make it much faster. I hope visitors from abroad don't get the wrong perception of Abu Dhabi being backwards due to this wifi speed.
- I will definitely give a full mark and I will definitely stay at the rosewood again even though my meetings are in the other side of the corniche with many other hotels close by.
- my best regards to John and to everyone who welcomed me at this hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We absolutely enjoyed reading your review! Thank you for your kind comments and for recognizing our associates. They make us proud every day with their enthusiasm and commitment to take special care of our guests. I will make sure to share your praises with John and the rest of our Team. We are also happy that you enjoyed the refined look and feel of our hotel as well as Catalan restaurant – definitely a favourite among our guests and locals!
My apology however on the internet issues you experienced. We are currently assessing and will improve our access points accordingly. Hope to have you back again for a follow up visit and more of Chef Antonio’s Spanish cuisine!

There are newer reviews for Rosewood Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Without a doubt, one of the very best hotels I've stayed in. I get the impression that this hotel is designed to attract the discerning business traveler but it's also fantastic for a weekend getaway.

From the moment we arrived at the very grand entrance, we were treated like royalty. Check in was quick and friendly and directly afterwards, we were introduced to our butler who would look after us for the rest of our stay. All the staff were incredibly friendly and everyone remembered my name, which I thought was a very nice touch.

The room was superb. Modern yet luxurious, well laid out and all controlled from an ipad (lights, TV, curtains, a/c, messages, hotel info, etc).

We dined in the hotel the first night. I would have been happy with a club sandwich at the bar but the staff suggested Catalan and I'm very glad that they did. The menu was intriguing, the food was spectacular and the staff were highly knowledgeable.

After dinner, the friendly sommelier asked if we would like to finish our wine downstairs in La Cava (a cool, dark wine cellar that oozes class). He seemed more than happy to stay with us and discuss wine.

La Cava only serves wine but there is another great bar called Hidden bar, just upstairs, that won't disappoint.

Hotel breakfasts are pretty much the same from one hotel to another but the Rosewood even managed to differentiate themselves here. The staff were incredibly attentive and, If the buffet doesn't quite do it for you, then they're more than happy to bring you a la carte.

The only other thing to mention is the pool. Again, you would assume that one hotel pool would be much like any other but the level of service here is unique. The staff ensured that we always had ice cold water, cold towels and cool fruit were regularly brought around and our butler even came to pay us a visit...just in case we needed anything.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and for the price, I don't think you will get any better value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joe,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our hotel, and we are extremely happy to learn that our service delivery and refined product exceeded your expectations. We are a 1 year old hotel, but with a 35 years legacy for a caring, personalized service which is the essence of our Rosewood brand. It makes us therefore very proud when we can make such an impression on our guests. Thanks again for your very kind comments and please let us know if we can ever be of assistance from Rosewood Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Nestled in the new "it place" in abu dhabi sowah island, next to the 5 star hospital in the middle east cleveland clinic & the high end galleria mall. Pretty seaview & city view, moderb facility, very convenient location, very safe, lovely restaurants & conference rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for seaview room on high floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jen,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we truly appreciate your kind review. Since your visit in November the name of our island has now been changed to “Al Maryah” and it is becoming growingly active with the opening of new world class restaurants and the increased energy at Rosewood Abu Dhabi and The Galleria. We hope to have you back at our hotel again soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am writing this review after my second Rosewood visit. I had tiny issues (wifi not free - beds not as comfy) the first time but I still had a wonderful time. the hotel was relatively new. When I received the hotel survey, I went back with all my notes and received a message from the hotel manager to come back and let them know as they will arrange to fix the tiny issues I had with the hotel.

The 2nd time I returned, I was amazed at the level of care they provided, I felt like I was going back home as they all addressed me with my name and their customer care was incredible. I don't know if the beds were different but I didn't have trouble sleeping.

I want to keep the special things they did to myself as they are special, but the one thing I will share is what they did for us over dinner at the spice mela restaurant. YUMMY food btw, even though it's on the expensive side. I called in to make a reservation and asked for a table outside, without hesitation, they said OK! so when we went for dinner, we were greeted at the door and told that they don't really have outside seating, but have set up a table for us if we still wanted to sit outside, we said yes and enjoyed dinner for two by ourselves. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious and authentic.

With everything they did for me, I have definitely switched my business from Etihad towers hotel to Rosewood Hotel. I am going back to Rosewood on the 8th of May and I can't wait. this is my go to hotel as long as they stay nice to me. I keep telling all my friends to try them.

Thank you Luigi, I am sure this is a testament to your leadership. Keep it up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reem,

You are so kind to post such a wonderful review! I am also happy that you are becoming such a loyal guest of Rosewood Abu Dhabi after your recent experiences. I know that our staff is always looking forward to having you here! Chef Sid also appreciated your comments about Spice Mela and I am happy that on that night we made your dinner experience extra special. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I adored my stay at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. I had to stay there for 3 nights as I had work commitments on Al Maryah Island and the Rosewood was the perfect escape from the Abu Dhabi busy-ness. The staff are impeccable, the selection of restaurants are second to none and the rooms themselves are simply stunning! They provide every amenity you can possibly think of and I truly felt as if I was in a home away from home!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We really appreciated your excellent review of our hotel. Great having you “home” with us! Please let us know if we can ever assist you in planning another visit, and hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is very welcoming with courteous staff, and balances a warm ambiance with the latest technology. The food is great too and there is decent variety to choose from. Look forward to my next trip!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We are definitely a technology friendly hotel with iPAD systems in every room etc. but will all the service warmth and cuisine of an exclusive Rosewood property. We also look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've visited Rosewood Abu Dhabi for more than 8 times. During every stay, I'm received and warmly welcomed as if it was my first visit. Exceptional service and elegant décor and finishing.
The attention to tiny details is visible and excellent all through the hotel.
The in-room dining menu has a wide variety of choices and of delicate quality. Professional therapists at the spa and up to date fitness equipment at the gym.

Best Wishes.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are located in the upper floors facing a soothing sea view.

Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of Rosewood Abu Dhabi! We always appreciate every time you stay at our hotel - this is the best compliment you can give us! Thanks again for taking the time to post your review and look forward to seeing you again soon.