“New building bad service and staff”

Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I requested a baby bed the front desk staff answered that it's not available thin i requested a extra blanket they answered the same they told me that you requested it late and who comes first take it first next day i waited for an hour to take my luggage down.... Bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Mr. Saud,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

We do appreciate your comments and these have already been addressed with our team and corrective measures have been taken to ensure that it will not be repeated.

We look forward to welcome you back and the entire family on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

General Manager – Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Had a awesome time during the dinner at Urban Kitchen. All service staff including the manager were so friendly and provided a very personalized service,especially i noticed Mr. Chamil Fernando was very dedicated to his work.

Love the food too as there were many choices of different cuisines.

Wish all the best & Hope to visit soon!!!

1  Thank Gayathri K

Dear Ms. Gayathri,

Thank you dining at Urban Kitchen and for sharing with us your great experience.

Our entire team will surely be motivated with your encouraging & inspiring feedback.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff and savored the varied food selection.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is my first time to Dusit Thani Hotel and one of my dream to go and enjoy some time in that hotel since it was opened. The time I entered to the hotel I felt so comfort with the staff with their wonderful welcome. And love to say the service which I had during the buffet was excellent. Even there were varieties of food to taste, and it was delicious. And also by looking at the architect it was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Ms. Adriana,

Thank you visiting Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and sharing your encouraging comments.

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the hospitality of our employees.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Staff excellent : people are waiting stouts the corner to tell you good morning:) ms noi. Ms yang

Helpful staff although I wish they had known more about what is around the hotel. What events are scheduled to happen next door at the sports club.
Rooms I stayed in two rooms the first was 2517 and the view was not very nice. Not bad just blah! And then I was in room 2507 much nicer view of the city view.

The pool wax beautiful. It was unfortunate that the pool bar was not open yet and that the hours for the pool were only from 9am to 7pm. As it would have been great to go in the pool after the sun came down and in addition they wit not have a pool bar yet but they will..

Kitchen : food was excellent. Great selection of pastries and buffet breaKFast. The kitchen staff were excellent from the cooks tio servers to sitters . Ms, Yang at the front was wonderful and could speak Chinese which we really appreciated . As far as the food is concerned I loved it even the Old looking waffles,.

Location was excellent. 10AED to AL WHADA MALL. Twenty aed to marina mall . You are in the sweet part of the city ,not to far from where u want to go and close enough to be able to find parking on the street . As I was walking on muroor stretch I noticed there were blot of parked cars that looked like they had been there for a while. Maybe these people. Flew out ov the country and left their cars latkes there till they came back ,I wonder?

The gym must have been the best hotel gym I have been in.

This is a brand new hotel in Abu Dhabi but it has class and will be one of the best Abu Dhabi has to offer. I would highly recommend this hotel above the rest. as it is Luxurious and easy on the wallet.

Room Tip: Have a good trip.
1  Thank Ericsosa

Dear Mr. Ericsosa

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and providing such positive comments.

I am glad that you find our location excellent. Several malls are conveniently nearby. I thank you as well for considering our Gym as the best.

Kamal Chaoui,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Excellent Service

Good Hopitality

Very new hotel with a very helpful staff hotel design is wonderful and elegant. Dinner is very rich with many different options. Reception , front desk .. they are all very interested. Totaly satisfied.

I Should Visit Again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Shanaka F,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.
We are pleased to know that you have found our staff “very helpful” and that you were “totally satisfied” with our hotel. We have taken note of your positive comments & have shared them with our team which will further motivate them.

Kamal Chaoui,

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I reserved a table for six persons yesterday for the iftaar in buffer restaurant. I was at the restaurant entrance for more than five minutes looking for someone to assist us to receive. And suddenly a girl came and asked whether I have a reservation or no? I said I booked a table this afternoon, she checked some papers for some time and she was not sure at all. Then there was another lady came and gave us one table in a hurry manner. Now comes the real funny part, we asked the manager called Jinesh for some dates to break the fast. He said the dates are at buffet you can help yourself in a full speed tone. So we helped ourselves finding the dates hardly. We picked up the starters and asked one of the server for a spoon to eat my food. We were waiting for ten minutes still not came the spoons, so we asked another person who was passing by and he managed to get it done after five minutes. I have been visiting the hotel restaurants for the past fifteen years; I believe this is the only restaurant that doesn’t put spoons on their table for their guest. So we finished our starters and we brought our main dishes, and it’s so surprising to see that our starter plates are still lying on our table and there are servers and manager doesn’t care to give a look at what is happening on the tables. So we pushed the dirty plates to a corner and started eating our food. Then there was a lady came with some juices and started offering them rather than clearing dirty plates. So another surprising fact is you believe or not we picked our deserts and when we came back some of us plates are cleared and some were still lying. When we are having desserts I asked one of the staff to get a small spoon for my kid’s miniature dessert, again I got an annoying answer saying that the spoons are in the dessert buffet. When we go to the buffet to get the spoons there were absolutely no spoons in the whole sweets corner. I heard from some of my friend who did a iftaar dinner during the first week of Eid, who said that the food selection was really nice and tasty as well the price is 140 which is a real value for money. But when I came and experience the real situation I came to know that they charged 140 just for food. And we need to pay another 100 dirham’s to get the proper service. I asked one of the staff who was your manger they said Jinesh and showed him who was running like a chicken from the far doing nothing and smiling like a loverboy. I never experienced Thai hospitality till yesterday and I went and see with my eyes. If you are not ready to give us the service for public please don’t open the doors for us, you don’t need to reduce buffet prices just to attract the customers and cheat them when they come and dine in. The only thing which I got without asking was my check before we pick up our deserts. I planned initially to make a reservation for my whole family of 35 persons since the price is affordable , but I realized that even we pay extra in any other hotel we can get a better service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, Director of Food and Beverage at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Mr. Mohammed A.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with for your feedback. We do appreciate your comments and please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have taken note of your comments. Please be assured that immediate corrective measures have been implemented to improve the service delivery in Urban Kitchen Restaurant.

We would appreciate if you could contact me directly at suggestion@dusit.com or 02 698 8888 as I would like to review your comments in detail.

Thank you again.

Simone Stanco
Director of Food & Beverage - Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Very new hotel with a very helpful staff.. the hotel room was spacious and clean.. hotel design is wonderful and elegant. Breakfast is very rich with many different options. Reception , front desk .. they are all very interested. At 1 am in the midnight , they opened the business center just for me for 2 pages of print out. Totaly satisfied as family.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Aytac K
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, Director of Rooms at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Mr. Aytac,

Thank you very much for your “perfect” rating. It is indeed very motivating to receive your feedback. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Rorie Marie Ylagan, Director of Rooms Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi