“Five star hotel, two star service”

Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel recently, the location was perfect for business travelers like me. I have got no idea whether its the lack of training for the staff or may be the staff just don't care about guests. I have experienced this in couple of brand new hotels in the past too. The reception staff did a great job in terms of welcoming or greeting, Check In was perfect as per my expectations. However the rooms were a bit noisy. I went to the coffee lounge and ordered a tea. It took almost twenty minutes to reach my table. And the person who took my order couldn't able to speak good English, I have asked one of the Filipino staff where does that lady from, and she said from Myanmar. Trust me the English was terrible for the 5 star hotel like this on front line wearing a Jacket. The quality of the product was just okay. And more importantly the service at the breakfast restaurant was highly disappointing in every bit of sense. Well I think this is pretty common in newly opened hotels like this. The fitness center was great, with sophisticated equipment. The pool was not bad too, the life guards were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Mr. Paul,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Your comments are valuable to us and I assure you these have been addressed & corrective measures have been taken. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am pleased to know that our reception team did a great job when you checked in. We have noted as well that you found our location perfect for business travelers.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel which offered us real 5 star service. Very friendly and welcoming staff. Rojan & leo was extremely nice and helpful. Room was perfect, modern, well designed, comfortable and nice view on the Abu dhabi. Nice Kids zone, my children enjoyed alot and we had great breakfast, We will definitely book again at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.& i will recommend every family who have a kids stay there they will love it...( bellboy (carrying luggage)filipino was extermly nice afternoon shift & both life guard in pool area also was very helpful....cheeer :)

Room Tip: all excellent so far
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Mr. Imr,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I am really pleased to know that you and your family have enjoyed the hospitality of our staff, our breakfast buffet & kids recreation facility.

We look forward to welcome you back, along with your family, on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I requested a baby bed the front desk staff answered that it's not available thin i requested a extra blanket they answered the same they told me that you requested it late and who comes first take it first next day i waited for an hour to take my luggage down.... Bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Mr. Saud,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

We do appreciate your comments and these have already been addressed with our team and corrective measures have been taken to ensure that it will not be repeated.

We look forward to welcome you back and the entire family on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Had a awesome time during the dinner at Urban Kitchen. All service staff including the manager were so friendly and provided a very personalized service,especially i noticed Mr. Chamil Fernando was very dedicated to his work.

Love the food too as there were many choices of different cuisines.

Wish all the best & Hope to visit soon!!!

1  Thank Gayathri K

Dear Ms. Gayathri,

Thank you dining at Urban Kitchen and for sharing with us your great experience.

Our entire team will surely be motivated with your encouraging & inspiring feedback.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff and savored the varied food selection.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is my first time to Dusit Thani Hotel and one of my dream to go and enjoy some time in that hotel since it was opened. The time I entered to the hotel I felt so comfort with the staff with their wonderful welcome. And love to say the service which I had during the buffet was excellent. Even there were varieties of food to taste, and it was delicious. And also by looking at the architect it was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Ms. Adriana,

Thank you visiting Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and sharing your encouraging comments.

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the hospitality of our employees.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Staff excellent : people are waiting stouts the corner to tell you good morning:) ms noi. Ms yang

Helpful staff although I wish they had known more about what is around the hotel. What events are scheduled to happen next door at the sports club.
Rooms I stayed in two rooms the first was 2517 and the view was not very nice. Not bad just blah! And then I was in room 2507 much nicer view of the city view.

The pool wax beautiful. It was unfortunate that the pool bar was not open yet and that the hours for the pool were only from 9am to 7pm. As it would have been great to go in the pool after the sun came down and in addition they wit not have a pool bar yet but they will..

Kitchen : food was excellent. Great selection of pastries and buffet breaKFast. The kitchen staff were excellent from the cooks tio servers to sitters . Ms, Yang at the front was wonderful and could speak Chinese which we really appreciated . As far as the food is concerned I loved it even the Old looking waffles,.

Location was excellent. 10AED to AL WHADA MALL. Twenty aed to marina mall . You are in the sweet part of the city ,not to far from where u want to go and close enough to be able to find parking on the street . As I was walking on muroor stretch I noticed there were blot of parked cars that looked like they had been there for a while. Maybe these people. Flew out ov the country and left their cars latkes there till they came back ,I wonder?

The gym must have been the best hotel gym I have been in.

This is a brand new hotel in Abu Dhabi but it has class and will be one of the best Abu Dhabi has to offer. I would highly recommend this hotel above the rest. as it is Luxurious and easy on the wallet.

Room Tip: Have a good trip.
1  Thank Ericsosa

Dear Mr. Ericsosa

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and providing such positive comments.

I am glad that you find our location excellent. Several malls are conveniently nearby. I thank you as well for considering our Gym as the best.

Kamal Chaoui,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Excellent Service

Good Hopitality

Very new hotel with a very helpful staff hotel design is wonderful and elegant. Dinner is very rich with many different options. Reception , front desk .. they are all very interested. Totaly satisfied.

I Should Visit Again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Shanaka F,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.
We are pleased to know that you have found our staff “very helpful” and that you were “totally satisfied” with our hotel. We have taken note of your positive comments & have shared them with our team which will further motivate them.

Kamal Chaoui,