“The big easy”

Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“The big easy”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I spent three nights here. Quite, clean hotel yet after my first night I had to change my room due to a very strong cigaret odor and I was moved up two floors to a larger room. Staff is freindly and accommodating and the price was just right. Breakfast is all ok.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bindaham
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Mr. Bindaham,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused on your first night. We have noted your preference for a non-smoking room.

Your encouraging comments were shared with the staff and they will be further motivated to do well.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

With my best regards,

General Manager – Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Please consider that this hotel is 5 months old and we were at their 3rd Friday Brunch (since its opening). So this is more of a feedback and I am sure they are working on making it better.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Attended to all our requests. Love the kids corner - with child-friendly menu and an awesome dessert section for them. Please keep that up.

We were very disappointed with;
1) Spread vs value - not up to the standard of other brunches in town. AED220++ (soft drinks) / AED330++ with only a selection 6 alcoholic beverages is VERY expensive. Compare this what Shang-ri La / Westin / Intercon / Fairmont
2) Spread was limited. We were expecting more Asian/Thai dishes and perhaps can move the breakfast counter/egg station since your brunch timings is from 12.30-4pm
3) Arrangement of the food was very confusing. You'll find snapper in teriyaki sauce next to a prawn tikka and asian fried rice next to Indonesian Satay.
4) Japanese counter was very disapointing; the rice to make sushi was salty and all the maki were falling apart. The salmon sashimi was not fresh

Overall I feel the price did not do justice to what was offered. Judging from the price we were expecting lots more. None of the desserts attracted me as well.

They have such a huge space, hence I feel that this place has lots of potential. Good luck, we will try you again in a couple of months

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Justsb,

Thank you for your review of Urban Kitchen!

We appreciate your detailed feedback on our Brunch service & food selection.

I have noted & shared your disappointment with the food variety with our chefs. We currently offer 38 cold appetizers, 49 hot dishes including 3 live cooking stations while our dessert buffet features 25 kinds of pastries & sweets. We will endeavor to increase our food variety even further. In addition, we will ensure that our guests are thoroughly explained the lay-out our brunch buffet when they are escorted to their table.

I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be friendly, accommodating & attended all your requests. This is very motivating.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

With my best regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Enjoyed the stay... Specially the Urban Kitchen Restaurant is perfect. Good staff [Samitha, Chamil and Duminda] with better service. Food are varieties and the setup is excellent.
Imthiyaz from Saudi Arabia

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Imthiyaz_h
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Mr. Imthiyaz,

Thank you for giving a perfect rating for our Urban Kitchen restaurant and especially for recognizing our team members.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Brunch at Urban Kitchen was awesome! Selection of food was a lot and I enjoyed every bit of it. Waiters and chefs were nice too and did a good job. Though I didn't get the chance to taste all the palatable indulgence, I left the restaurant with a happy belly!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Ms. KundolandKitty,

Thank you for dining at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Our chefs are very pleased to hear about your very encouraging comments. This will continue to motivate us to do even better.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very huge Rooms , very helpful staffs, we enjoyed our stay . Food was very good.

Thank you for the team of Dusit Thani Abu Dhabifor making our stay memorable. we will be back soon again

Regards

Talal & Family

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AlSUWAIDI1978
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Mr. Talal,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I am very pleased to know that you and your family have enjoyed our hospitality and that your stay was memorable.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Although this hotel is new to Abu Dhabi the teething problems seem to have been ironed out pretty quickly. A big advantage it has over other hotels in the City is that not only does it have normal hotel rooms but also a few floors of serviced apartments. I moved into a serviced apartment at the beginning of June and so far am thoroughly satisfied with my apartment. I have a studio and the size of the room is very big and also includes ample cupboard and storage space. The kitchen in my apartment has everything I need. The only negative experience of the room is sometimes there is a foul smell in the bathroom however, this is not the first hotel in Abu Dhabi where I've experience this.

My room is cleaned thoroughly everyday.

I've eaten in a couple of the restaurants, the buffet in the main restaurant was very good during Iftar and the signature Thai restaurant is excellent.

The level of service provided by all members of staff to date in the hotel as been excellent and you are always made to feel most welcome.

The gym is the best one I've come across in any Abu Dhabi hotel, very big, huge range of equipment, both machines and free weights. In addition the roof top swimming pool is pleasant with ample space for relaxing.

Location wise, being positioned on Muroor Road, near the intersection with Al Saada Street the Dusit is well placed to access all parts of Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TDW_Travels
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear TDW_Travels,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay in our hotel.

I have shared your encouraging feedback to our staff and I am sure they will be more motivated to do well.

I appreciate your comment with regards to the issue in the bathroom and this has been addressed to the concerned department for permanent solution.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our Gym and Swimming Pool facilities, as well as the convenience of our location.

Manchester
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel recently, the location was perfect for business travelers like me. I have got no idea whether its the lack of training for the staff or may be the staff just don't care about guests. I have experienced this in couple of brand new hotels in the past too. The reception staff did a great job in terms of welcoming or greeting, Check In was perfect as per my expectations. However the rooms were a bit noisy. I went to the coffee lounge and ordered a tea. It took almost twenty minutes to reach my table. And the person who took my order couldn't able to speak good English, I have asked one of the Filipino staff where does that lady from, and she said from Myanmar. Trust me the English was terrible for the 5 star hotel like this on front line wearing a Jacket. The quality of the product was just okay. And more importantly the service at the breakfast restaurant was highly disappointing in every bit of sense. Well I think this is pretty common in newly opened hotels like this. The fitness center was great, with sophisticated equipment. The pool was not bad too, the life guards were friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Mr. Paul,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Your comments are valuable to us and I assure you these have been addressed & corrective measures have been taken. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am pleased to know that our reception team did a great job when you checked in. We have noted as well that you found our location perfect for business travelers.