“Beautiful and new hotel”

Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I booked 3 nights in this hotel for short family break. We were very pleased with the professional and very friendly welcome. The hotel looks very new and is beautifully decorated, the rooms are specious and clean and the gym is huge. We particularly liked the free valet parking service which saved us a lot of time and the free high speed internet wifi in the room. Unfortunately, some bad surprises were encountered such as no baby cots were available when requested, some maintenance issues were noticed ( water leaking from the ceiling for 2 days ), only one room card was given when checking in due to shortage. The hotel is located only 10 min from Abu Dhabi corniche, so a car or a taxi will be need to go out and about.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a sunset view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Mr. Reda,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Our team is truly grateful by your positive feedback on their professionalism and hospitality. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortage of baby cots as we had so many requests from families during this Eid holiday period. We will definitely increase the number of our cots for the next public holiday.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

There are newer reviews for Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 18 October 2013

the best hotel i'v visit . all the staff was collaborator & delightful . the smile is all the time on thear faces.
the hotel clean, quiet, iwould advise.
i would thank mr. oussama boukhari & led the bage carrier.
thanx alot dusit staff

abdulrahman alkhamees
kuwait

Room Tip: all the hotel room are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Al Khamees,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I am truly delighted that you considered our hotel as the best in Abu Dhabi.

I have shared your positive feedback with our staff which will surely motivate them further.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Arrived at the hotel very late at night, totally exhausted from a long flight and long drive from Dubai...the arrival experience was okay, the staff really looks Thai thought they're from other Asian countries. The hotel is totally new and it's the beginning of high season so it's a bit quiet but very nice. The room is well equipped and very spacious, the bathroom in particular is very huge with separated shower room and a big bathtub, however bathroom amenities aren't quite to Five-Star standard. There's no nothing on mini-bar upon arrival and throughout my stay although here's a price-list. Suggesting to provide TV Channel List for quick reference; pillow is too soft and low although with good quality. Breakfast buffet is very nice with wide selection of hot foods, cold cuts, some Asian dishes, egg station etc. Hotel location is great too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Mr. Kris Scotch,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I am really pleased to know that our staff did a great job during your check-in and that you have enjoyed the comforts of the room & of the other hotel facilities. However, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the empty minibar.

With gratitude, I have shared your positive comments with the Chefs and Service team in Urban Kitchen, which knowingly will motivate them further.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Overall a very nice hotel and a pleasant experience. The rooms are spacious and with a nice view (mine at least), friendly staff, good dining options.

The location is also good, relatively close to the airport and the city.

The only weak link is their business center which is only staffed part-time and does not offer a wide range of services (I had to wait for 2 days for a DHL pick-p to be arranged)

..Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Mr. Yiannos,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

It is rewarding to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant experience.

Your valuable feedback on the business center has been shared to the concerned department to improve our operation.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a relatively new hotel and it is definitely 5 Stars. The check in staff were over precise about details of my stay and kept stating the obvious. They were polite , perhaps over polite.
The hotel just had a feel of a Thai museum. Quiet, no activity - just calm, I suppose.
So if that is what you want from a hotel then the Dusit Thani is what you are looking for in a hotel in AD.
I decide not to eat meals in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AKR001
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Your feedback on our hotel has been shared with the team. We look forward to welcome you back. I am sure you will enjoy the live music of our Thai khim player in the lobby.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is a really-really nice and posh hotel. Rooms are great, common area is wonderful, staff is nice, however they really need a bit of a training. They were very polite and they really tried to look after me, but there were some things, that really need improvement over here:

1. Day one, I have arrived at 4 am, so I wanted to sleep until 9,30 am :) Put out the do not disturb sign (electronic)... despite that housekeeping wanted to come in at 8,00 to make up my room.

2. Day two, I have received a telephone call at 3 am that my car is ready... good.... but I do not need a car, I was trying to sleep.

I was on a conference and there were five other conferences at the same time. That is okay, but when it comes to the lunch... the place could not handle us. Long Qs everywhere. (It was a two day training so next day they shifted us.)

So the property is fine, but they need to train their staff. They are already supersweet, but they need to be a bit more experienced in handling issues.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our hotel facilities & that our team looked after you really well.

However, on behalf of the whole team, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Your feedback has been shared with the relevant departments so that they can take the necessary corrective measures.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I checked in on the 15th of August for 45 nights as I was in Abu Dhabi for work. Given the length of my visit, I believe I now know the hotel well. Unfortunately for the Global Dusit brand, this hotel fails to live up to either the standard of quality of other Dusit hotels or the 5-star level of other hotels in Abu Dhabi in general. Specifically:

1) We checked into a 1-bedroom suite with kitchenette - on Day 1 there was a functional cooking hob but no pots or pans provided, 3 identical spatulas in the drawers but no chopping board or knives, there were a random collection of teaspoons and knives with no forks or tablespoons, 2 bowls for cereal but no tablespoons. Sure enough when I complained, the Manager was outstanding in his ability to rectify the situation - however the question is why is it that this is how a room is prepared for a long-term guest in a room with a kitchenette?

2) For the first 38 days of my trip, I tried every possible solution to find a taxi quickly and while there is an army of valets and a front door management, somehow ordering or fetching taxis is a massive challenge for this team. Valets flat out refuse to go to the main-road to bring a taxi up to the hotel (which is set about 50m back from the main road) and there is neither a pool of taxis waiting nor signage at the main-road to bring taxis in. Ordering taxis by phone leads to valets giving the taxi to any guest randomly without checking to see who ordered it. But perhaps most comical is the typical picture of 3 valets standing at the top of the ramp 50m inside from the main road and waving in unison at taxis on the main road who cannot see them and whizz past the front gate. Typical taxi wait time: 10-15mins. Not a big deal unless you realise this is a "5-star" hotel and have been to any other in Abu Dhabi, Dubai etc. I have since spoken with Management and once again they were apologetic, nice and made an attempt to speak with valets (though this hasn't always worked as they still stand on the ramp and wave from afar at taxis).

3) I woke up this morning to a thunderous sound of water flowing into our bathroom from the ceiling from the sound system and light sockets in the bathroom, flooding the bathroom. Engineers came and made no attempt to apologise. Merely explaining that they had been drilling at 8:30am this morning on the floor above and this was (sheepishly) the result. Finally the duty manager came and, as usual, was extremely apologetic, kind and understanding - however that does not change the fact that repeated "amateurish" things keep happening at this hotel. One related point I had was that why must a hotel conduct drilling and testing at 8:30am on a weekend (this happened on other days too) - surely they realise that a hotel is where people sleep typically later on a weekend. Management does not seem to have a solid grip on the junior staff, who in-turn clearly have very very little training. Junior valets, housekeeping and technical staff have a mind of their own and no training, leading to chaos at all times which then needs senior management to reactively step-in later and look foolish and amateurish.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Sir,

On behalf of Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Your detailed feedback was duly noted during your meeting with our Guests Service Manager. It is good to note that our manager was outstanding in rectifying the situation in your apartment by providing you additional kitchen utensils. As for the taxi availability, we have already met 2 taxi companies and obtain their commitment to provide with standby taxis during the peak demand periods. Also, we will reinforce our existing practice of not scheduling any noisy repair works before 11 am.
Once again thank you for your feedback which is very valuable to continuously improve our service delivery.
We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi