“Excellent service and large variety of breakfast”

Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 27 May 2014

just spend 4 day in dusit thani hotel abu dhabi. It is new and the room is huge. The breakfast was good and there are a large outdoor pool andlarge gym.

If you can bear the heat, shopping and restaurant are walkable within 30 minutes.

Definitely worth the stay although it is very expensive.

One pount, it can be difficult to get a cab from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mr. Tiong15,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are delighted to know that not only you enjoyed your breakfast at Urban Kitchen, but also the services and facilities in the hotel.

However, we apologize for the inconveniences caused while getting a cab from the hotel, we are in progress of improving our services on this aspect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

New hotel in Muroor area close to eastern mangrove. Friendly staff from check-in to check-out and esp Abdullah who always greeted my wife and me by our names.
Room: very nicely furnish with contemporary style and had a kitchenette and dining area. Also was equipped with stove, oven microwave and washer/dryer.
Bathroom: large bathroom with separate shower, bathtub and toilet area.
Amenities and facilities: spa area is quite comfortable and massage was excellent. The gym is equipped with extensive cardio and weight training equipments.
Restaurant: thai restaurant was ok and nothing special.
Breakfast: typical five star setup and nothing great or did cater to many.
In room dining: i found the menu very limited and expensive compare to other five star in UAE.
All in all very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank farhanbari
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Mr. Farhanbari,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are grateful for your positive feedback on the warm hospitality of our reception staff, specially Abdullah. We are glad that you enjoyed all our facilities.

Your comments on our restaurants has been noted & shared with the relevant managers for their attention. Your feedback is essential to continuously improve our service & product.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here for a month and really enjoyed myself. I was on the 26th floor and had a fantastic view overlooking the mangroves and towards the mosque and the capital gate area. On clear days the view was simply spectacular.
Anyway, the hotel. overall, I'd say the staff was simply excellent. Smiling, accommodating, and willing to do almost whatever to make my stay good. There was an accident in the dry cleaners with one of my shirts and they were willing to give me cash to resolve the situation, which was handled quickly and painlessly. I was impressed.
The breakfast at urban kitchen was good and i particularly liked the daily smoothy - always a different variety. The man who made eggs and omelets to order was also nice. I had dinner at the buffet once and I thought the variety and quality were both very high as well. Prices were a little expensive, though, so be warned.
I used the gym frequently and really enjoyed it. I'm living in Abu Dhabi now and wondering if I can buy a membership to the gym - it was that good I'd pay for it.
I also enjoyed spending time at the pool. The staff were great there and I really appreciated how they would come around every half hour or so and provided cold ice water and sometimes cold towels too. Perfect for the Abu Dhabi heat.
One thing I looked forward to every day was the platter of dates and arabic coffee down in the lobby. Many hotels in Abu Dhabi do this, and it really for me was a nice pick me up on my way out in the morning or on my way in on my way to the gym.
Overall, i enjoyed my stay at the Dusit Thani. Stay on an upper level floor overlooking the mangroves - i loved it.

Room Tip: i preferred a high floor overlooking the mangroves. it was beautiful for the sunrise and then later...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Jasoncrh,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and for your encouraging feedback

We are pleased to know that our teams from housekeeping, Urban Kitchen, pool, gym and reception did a great job of providing you excellent service.

We are glad that you enjoyed the comforts and amenities of the hotel.

Thus, we look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

it was a great stay.. the staff very friendly , they have huge lobby, the room quite big for couple, location is near al-wahda shopping mall.. maybe around 10 minutes by taxi. Breakfast is very good, they serve hot and cold dishes very well. The one things is i can only see 01 mini-market in front of the hotel, lucky they open 24 hours.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Mr. Bagus S,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay.

We are glad that you enjoyed the warm hospitality of the staff, breakfast dining experience, and found our location convenient.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

One of the best hotel experiences!
From the moment the valet to the keys to the car, to check-in, to the room and amenities, to check-out, the hotel was just perfect.

Friendly, helpful and happy staff complement this brand new (less than a year old) hotel.

Rooms are spacious and come with basic cooking facilities, but don't mistake this place for anything less than 5 stars.

Will be my regular Abu Dhabi hotel!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aditools
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Mr. Aditools,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are pleased to know that you consider us as one your of the best hotel experiences.

It is truly rewarding for the team to know that you appreciated their service and warm hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is amazing, welcoming staff, pleasant food, great rooms
the issue was i took my kids. its a business hotel and not recommended for families with kids
The hotel is amazing, welcoming staff, pleasant food, great rooms

Room Tip: go for the club rooms snacks all the time
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Khalid_zoubi

Dear Mr. Khalid Zoubi,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are very grateful for your compliments which we have shared with our team.

While we are a business hotel, we do have many leisure facilities such as Spa & swimming pool. Also we do cater for children in our Kids Club.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked the hotel while travelling with my wife and the hotel stay was absolutley great!

The check in was a smooth process and took about 2 minutes. I had called the hotel before hand to book for a higher room, facing the creek. I was allotted the 24th floor and the room had wall length glass windows with an astounding view of the Abu Dhabi mangroves and of the sun rise.

The hotel rooms are big and modern. The channels on the TV have quite a variety and the bathroom is luxurious with a shower cabin as well as a beautiful and spacious bath tub. The Gym and the roof top swimming pool is a great pick as well!

The staff is extremly courteous ad represent the best of the Thai hospitality. Any thing extra such as switch adapters etc wer ein our rooms within 5 minutes of our call.

Benjarong renowned for its Thai food is yet to get up to the mark, but was OK.

The only con staying here, is that it would take about a 15 minute drive to the downtown or to the corniche or to the nearest mall. Also, there are just very few economical eating options around the area.

The breakfast and lunch is a mix of everything, include oriental, arabic, sushi, american and italian pastas and pizzas. While you can definetly choose what to eat, but it does not do great justice to having a buffet spread! In short, the food lacks theme.

For those, planning to have along day ahead, the resteraunt serves rish and soup for breakfast, typical to the oriental style.

The hotel can do abetter job to keep the windows cleaner for a much more clear view!

I will definetly rcommend it to anyone planning to stay there.

Room Tip: Take a higher room, facing the creek/ mangroves Carry your own water/food if you are on a budget...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Nomads_Journeys,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our Thai hospitality !

We have noted & shared all your constructive feedback with the team. While we are 15 minutes away from the Corniche, we are only 5 to 7 minutes from Al Wahda Mall.

We look forward to welcome you and your wife back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.