“a pleasant experience”

Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A perfect location. The Sheikh Zayed grand mosque, mushrif mall and al wahda mall at a comfortable distance from the hotel. St joseph's catholic church, for anyone interested, is also very near the hotel. The attendants at the pool and gym, very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Mr. Sindu George B,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are glad that to know that while you found our location convenient, you also enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and warm hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasant experience at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It had been a weekend of hotel-hopping between Abu Dhabi, Dubai and back for a small escape. The Dusit Thani was our last stop. The first impression upon entering the hotel is a good one, what with the grand view of the lobby with its impressive and incredible atrium! At check in, we were told that we could not get a high floor as requested, but this was quickly compensated with a room upgrade, which we were very happy with! As we arrived late, we didn't spend much time in the room, but it was overall satisfying. Nothing spectacular, but it was indeed comfortable. The next day was spent tanning by the pool, which was quite busy with airline crew, it appeared. This was fine, except for the lack of sun in some areas of the pool due to the tall building. All in all, it was a good stay, perhaps we would have had a better time had we stayed longer than just one half night. I definitely will stay again and try out some of their restaurants (of which I've heard good things). :)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, the view from above down the atrium is breathtaking!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Ms. NJM88,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are glad to note that you have enjoyed the comforts and amenities of our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Unique in everything, you do feel the difference in the decor and theme of the hotel. We tried in room dining, the lunch was very tasty and well presented. The Spa was fabulous too, they offer couple massage

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Ms. Gacilla,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are very pleased to note that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Your encouraging feedback on our in-room dining as well as Namm Spa have been shared with the teams, which will further motivate them.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Everything was great except the check in time was bit late. Business center didn't have a working printer. I had to print using the reception printer and they wanted to charge me?!?! Reception and customer service was not to expectations.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Munther J
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mr. Munther J,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi,

We are grateful & pleased that you consider us an Excellent Hotel.

Your comments on the Business Center have been noted & corrective actions are being implemented. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

just spend 4 day in dusit thani hotel abu dhabi. It is new and the room is huge. The breakfast was good and there are a large outdoor pool andlarge gym.

If you can bear the heat, shopping and restaurant are walkable within 30 minutes.

Definitely worth the stay although it is very expensive.

One pount, it can be difficult to get a cab from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Mr. Tiong15,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are delighted to know that not only you enjoyed your breakfast at Urban Kitchen, but also the services and facilities in the hotel.

However, we apologize for the inconveniences caused while getting a cab from the hotel, we are in progress of improving our services on this aspect.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

New hotel in Muroor area close to eastern mangrove. Friendly staff from check-in to check-out and esp Abdullah who always greeted my wife and me by our names.
Room: very nicely furnish with contemporary style and had a kitchenette and dining area. Also was equipped with stove, oven microwave and washer/dryer.
Bathroom: large bathroom with separate shower, bathtub and toilet area.
Amenities and facilities: spa area is quite comfortable and massage was excellent. The gym is equipped with extensive cardio and weight training equipments.
Restaurant: thai restaurant was ok and nothing special.
Breakfast: typical five star setup and nothing great or did cater to many.
In room dining: i found the menu very limited and expensive compare to other five star in UAE.
All in all very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank farhanbari
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Mr. Farhanbari,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are grateful for your positive feedback on the warm hospitality of our reception staff, specially Abdullah. We are glad that you enjoyed all our facilities.

Your comments on our restaurants has been noted & shared with the relevant managers for their attention. Your feedback is essential to continuously improve our service & product.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here for a month and really enjoyed myself. I was on the 26th floor and had a fantastic view overlooking the mangroves and towards the mosque and the capital gate area. On clear days the view was simply spectacular.
Anyway, the hotel. overall, I'd say the staff was simply excellent. Smiling, accommodating, and willing to do almost whatever to make my stay good. There was an accident in the dry cleaners with one of my shirts and they were willing to give me cash to resolve the situation, which was handled quickly and painlessly. I was impressed.
The breakfast at urban kitchen was good and i particularly liked the daily smoothy - always a different variety. The man who made eggs and omelets to order was also nice. I had dinner at the buffet once and I thought the variety and quality were both very high as well. Prices were a little expensive, though, so be warned.
I used the gym frequently and really enjoyed it. I'm living in Abu Dhabi now and wondering if I can buy a membership to the gym - it was that good I'd pay for it.
I also enjoyed spending time at the pool. The staff were great there and I really appreciated how they would come around every half hour or so and provided cold ice water and sometimes cold towels too. Perfect for the Abu Dhabi heat.
One thing I looked forward to every day was the platter of dates and arabic coffee down in the lobby. Many hotels in Abu Dhabi do this, and it really for me was a nice pick me up on my way out in the morning or on my way in on my way to the gym.
Overall, i enjoyed my stay at the Dusit Thani. Stay on an upper level floor overlooking the mangroves - i loved it.

Room Tip: i preferred a high floor overlooking the mangroves. it was beautiful for the sunrise and then later...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Jasoncrh,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and for your encouraging feedback

We are pleased to know that our teams from housekeeping, Urban Kitchen, pool, gym and reception did a great job of providing you excellent service.

We are glad that you enjoyed the comforts and amenities of the hotel.

Thus, we look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.