“Fantastic stay!”

Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Awesome suite, very clean, excellent food in the restaurants, very friendly and helpful staff.
It is very close to the Abu Dhabi bus station for those who'd like to grab a bus and spend the day in Dubai (which is only 2hrs drive by bus).
Awesome SPA center in the hotel.
Only issue : no water in the rooms for about 24hrs. Not easy when you're in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Ms. Celine N,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and for your awesome feedback.

We are pleased to note that have enjoyed the comforts our hotel as well as the warm hospitality of our staff.

However, please accept our sincere apologies on the inconvenience caused for not providing you water in your room. Your concern has been addressed to the relevant department to ensure that corrective actions are implemented.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Kamal Chaoui, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Due to circumstances beyond my control,I missed a connecting flight and Etihad booked me a room at the Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.My luggage was missing,and the airline promised to send it to the hotel if they found it.I went to bed at 1.30am,and the very helpful concierge promised to keep calling the airline for me.I had a call at 3am in my room ( I asked them to call with any questions) and delivered the lost luggage report to him.I then had a chat with the night manager ( 2nd July,2014) who was a very friendly,engaging person.I was picked up at 7am for the drive to Dubai to catch an EK flight.At security in Dubai,I discovered I had stupidly left my laptop in the room,so I called the concierge and he said he would Fedex it to me in Australia.I waited on the phone for a very short amount of time while someone travelled up to level 24 to check in my room for the laptop.I have received the laptop now,thanks to the concierge.

I was very impressed with all the staff there,all very professional,friendly and polite.Special thanks to Russel Roi Fajardo (concierge) for taking on the task of sending my laptop to me.Russel and all his colleagues are a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil C
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mr. Phil C,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We pleased to note that you had a good stay with us even though it was very short. We will pass on your positive comments to Russel who I am sure will be very happy & motivated.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is located in the quieter side of town, so there was not much traffic getting there.

Check in/out was painless and quick. Front staff were all very friendly and helpful. There was an option for a quiet room when booking online, so we opted for it and was not disappointed, we heard nothing outside our room!  The bed was comfy, but the pillows were too soft; maybe they should also offer medium softness so our heads wouldn’t sink into the bed. The décor is very modern and luxurious. The only other minor thing about the room is the big window between the bedroom and bathroom; even though it did have a blind, from the bed you can still see quite clearly into the toilet area. If you’re not shy, then it would be fine. But for us, a little privacy would have been better!

We met up with friends at the bar, The Capital Grill in the hotel mall area. Surroundings were very new and luxurious. The drinks were reasonably priced for a five star hotel.

The pool wasn't spectacular – it’s on a middle floor. It looked like a normal apartment building swimming pool, not very big.

The breakfast was at the Capital Grill. There was no pork (not sure if it’s because of Ramadan, but the Suhoor time had already past), and the beef bacon and sausage they did serve was dry. There wasn't much of a variety of food on offer for a five star hotel, and we just felt like it lacked flavor. We’re not sure if this is usual or because it’s a quieter time (off peak) for the hotel.

All in all, the hotel decor, rooms and service was great. We really enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Ms. ETraveller6,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the comforts of our hotel and the warm hospitality of the staff.

We have noted your concerns on the pillow as well as privacy issue of the bedroom and bathroom. On your next visit, we shall provide you with our pillow menu so that you can choose your preference and assign you a room with privacy screen for the bathroom.

As we are observing the Holy month of Ramadan and since Capital Grill has limited space, buffet items are not of the same quantity as normally served in Urban Kitchen restaurant. Your valuable feedback on our breakfast buffet has been shared with the Food & Beverage team to take corrective actions immediately.

One again, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spent 3.5 weeks at the Dusit Thani on business. After 1 week we moved to the business floor (35) and it made all the difference, as hotel living is stressful and depressing for that long The rooms are large and comfortable. The business lounge sunny, large and comfortable. We were able to work in the conference room, and it was great to have snacks, cappuccino all day and wine in the evening. Also made life easier to have breakfast in the lounge. I was very grateful for the kind and attendant ladies at the business lounge, who greeted me by name each day--Krsna and Pauline. I didn't get the name of the desk clerk who patiently explained that taking the bus to Dubai was a much more comfortable and cheaper (~$6.80) option than a cab. I had 2 90 minute massages at the spa and thought the cost (with the hotel discount) was reasonable and the therapist well trained. The only downsides to this hotel? They could stand to turn down the 24 hour music, as you can sometimes hear it in bed. After 3.5 weeks one could go crazy from hearing it. The hotel is pretty far from most places, and that is somewhat of a bummer. But cabs are plentiful and cheap.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Ms. DrRiff,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the comforts and amenities of our hotel. We are also grateful on your compliments on Krisna & Pauline who I am sure will be very pleased to receive. Moreover, we have noted your concerns on the hotel’s background music volume & we will ensure that this will be adjusted accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a one bedroom flat, and was very happy with my choice. It had an american style living room plus kitchen, with a large HD. The furniture was all classy and new. The bedroom was of good size with a comfortable king size bed. It had both a shower and a tub.
Highly recommended an 8/10.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Mr. Drasm,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi and for your positive feedback.

We are pleased to note that you were satisfied with our one bedroom apartment and enjoyed the comforts and amenities of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great hotel - the rooms are large and comfortable, with floor to ceiling windows which give an open feel. The showers were fantastic and the room service menu has lots of nice options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mr. Shaggyshoo,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are grateful for your positive feedback and pleased to note that you really enjoyed the comforts and amenities of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It has been exactly one month now since I am here in this hotel. The hotel is really good, the restaurant is good, just the prices are the buffer are quite expensive, however the food is excellent.
The Thai Namm spa is amazing the Thai staffs are very professional. The pool is good but boring because there is no music there. The gym is good equipped.
Buuut since I am here for business I spend all my day at work and I come back just the rest, the most important for me is the cleaning, it is only twice a week but only once during the hull month I was really satisfied, I think it was a lady who made my room that day, because my room was very clean and tidy, even my pajama was folded :D, the rest days the HK just come to change the towels and the bade sheets, I always find hear on the floor and in my bathroom. I have a studio room with a small living room, only twice when it was made tidy. I almost daily call for water, but they never place it in my room if I don’t call for it, I think that should be under my preferences since I already spend one month here, sometimes it take 45min to bring it to my room!!
In my small kitchen I have all the glasses and plates that I need, but only one big spoon and one butter knife.
But in general I am enjoying staying here, all the stuff and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Ms. Siham g,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We are glad to know that not only you enjoy dining in our restaurant, but also the services provided by our housekeeping staff and Namm Spa.

Being our long staying and valued guest, your detailed feedback on your room amenities have been noted to ensure corrective actions have been implemented. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. As you are still staying with us, we will contact you shortly to ensure that your needs are met.

We wish you more pleasant stay at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.