“Best birthday ever!”

The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
Ranked #32 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I visited your their restaurant Mijana last November 13th to celebrate my birthday dinner with some friends. From the very first moment we step in until we left the restaurant, Hassan, the manager, and his team Youssef, Yaer and Mohammad took care of every single detail. The all team welcomed us and placed us in a lovely table next to the lighted palm trees. I love arab food so I asked them to feel free to bring us their best dishes as we would follow their recommendations. The food was delicious and very well presented. We did pair it with a french white wine which was kindly served and refilled everytime we needed.

The most amazing moment arrived with the desert. All the team from Mijana came out bringing a little cake and singing Happy Birthday! They really made me feel special to the point that I totally blushed.

I will never forget such a special evening!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 December 2013

It's the most amazing vacation I have spent in this hotel. It's so comfy close to the sheikh Zayed Mosque, the restaurants and other locations in Abu Dhabi. I truly loved it and wouldn't mine staying there again. Go for it because it's worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 14 December 2013

It was amazing our experience at this resort. The staff always smiling going out of their way to make happy. The rooms are very clean, roomy and comfortable. The swimming pool is the biggest in the Middle East. Stay there for weekend get away and will stay there again. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I enjoyed my three night stay at this Ritz Carlton. My room package included access to the club lounge. There was an array of complementary snacks and beverages. I did encounter water leaking from the standing shower in my room. Hotel maintenance responded promptly and it was fixed in no time. The hotel seemed a little deserted, but it made the check in process less stressful. I was able to check out on the club level which was great. The pool is large and it was shared by only a few others. Staff were helpful and very friendly which enhanced my stay. Beautiful manicured landscape and clean interior. Also, nice view of the waterway and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. A great relaxing stay indeed!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Been staying at the Ritz for close to three weeks and I can not stay enough about the staff. They have gone out of their way in every respect to make my stay the most comfortable and enjoyable since leaving home. I would like to point out that the housekeeping staff has gone above and beyond with helping me feel at home. From the cute animal characters, to the nice notes they leave me on the daily basis. I have been in room 2373 since Nov. and I hope management recognizes the effort that their house keeping staff puts in on the daily basis. They truly are your front line once the meet and greet from your rep./check in staff is over. they truly are the heart of any hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Lovely hotel. Very friendly and helpful service. I found that everything went flawlessly until it didn't. When it works well, it works really well. But when it doesn't it is a bit chaotic. For example, the safe in my room malfunctioned and it took 5 people 45 minutes of trying and trying and trying to fix it and then they managed to open it and retrieve my item but it still continued to malfunction. It was finally suggested by one of the staff members to come back the following day when I wouldn't be in the room to replace it. They never replaced it. Similar experience with the car service in transporting me to and from the spa (as spa at hotel was not yet open) so they sent me to a nearby hotel for a treatment. The food at the restaurant was excellent. Fabulous selection and of excellent calibre, freshness and quality, including the buffet, which in my experience buffets are usually not that great or varied. The grounds were immaculate and concierge very helpful in answering questions and organizing any excursions. The meeting room facilities were stellar and very well organized. All in all a lovely hotel with very good service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I don’t usually write reviews but on this occasion I feel it is needed as this is an exceptional hotel. My husband and I stayed here last week for 7 nights we could not have asked for a better hotel.
staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome, they cannot do enough for you. we have never experienced customer service like this.
the Forge Steak House is amazing and Lincoln looked after us very well.
All the staff at the chinese restaurant are exceptional especially Maxence who kept us entertained at the bar.
A special thank you to Sajas in housekeeping ( sorry not sure of the spelling).
we will be back ....very soon. thank you so much for making are holiday a great one to remember.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple