“Beautiful Hotel!!”

Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Beautiful Hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel is a brand new hotel over looking the grand canal and behind is the famous Grand Mosque! The food is amazing at The Forge, very nice place to relax!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 808Dream
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, I'm glad to know our team from The Forge created a nice experience for you, we are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Warm Regards

Pep Lozano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Abu Dhabi Ritz Carlton set a new low for 5 star brands turning into three star.

Good: Oksana and the Guest Services Team excelled in making our group of corporate executives feel welcome.

Bad: After being open for a year, the staff training is far below 5 start quality. For one example among many, housekeeping ignoring the locked room door and knocking at 8:45, wanting to make up the room. Service in resturants is especially substandard.

Ugly: Hotel is catering to tour groups by the bus load and conferences. Despite paying rack rate, due to a tour group/conference our team of corporate executives was relegated to a small breakfast room with only ten indoor tables and a breakfast buffet that lacked the great selection of the main dining room. Have seen better selection and facilties at Marriott Residence Inn.

Having large bathrooms and wide stained wood baseboads does not a 5 star make. This was NOT a good experience. Will not repeat here.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool and have nice balconies, but many towers are a long way from the central fac...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Allow me to thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of the Hotel, highlighting both the positive and negative points that you experienced during your stay.

My sincere apologies, I’m taking notes and I can assure you that we will reinforce the training of our Ladies and Gentlemen and I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the near future to allow us to make amends for the challenges incurred on this occasion.

I'd like to get in contact with you personally, please send me your details to rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com

regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at this hotel in March 2014. It is truly beautiful. Seemingly we were one of the first people to use their new online check-in, it was very easy and we got an email at 10am (time we said we would arrive) to say that our room was ready.

We had no complaints and felt that the staff went above and beyond to help us.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and thought it was very inexpensive for the quality. I can't see why people would be disappointed staying here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank vikkia80
Ritz-CarltonADGC, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I really appreciate you took the time to write such nice review about the property, I'm glad to read our Ladies and Gentlemen made you feel at home. Its good to hea that your new mobile check in service worked well for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warm regards

General Manger
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Abu-Dhabi the week of March 10, 2014. The facility is beautiful, and easy to navigate. The staff is quite courteous, friendly and responsive. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food is quite good.

There were lapses that surprised me for a Ritz-Carlton and a 5-star hotel:
1) my colleagues and I all noticed that the 3 clocks in our bedrooms did not display the same time, and none displayed the correct time
2) I used my coffee pods on the first day. After housekeeping serviced my room on the second day, they failed to replenish the coffee pods.
3) I used the cotton pads and cotton swabs on the first day. After housekeeping serviced my room on the second day, they failed to replenish the cotton pads and cotton swabs.
4) The lights above the shower did not work
5) It was nearly impossible to easily blow dry one's hair in front of a mirror, due to the location of the electric outlets relative to the mirrors.

1 Thank TFI02139
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued comments.

Your feedback is extremely important for me and my Management Team, so happy to read that you like to overall experience and facilitties of the hotel, In additional an action plan and follow up in reference to the challenges that unfortunately your experienced will be taking place to assure we have your trust in our Brand back again.

Definitely we would like you see you in the near future at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, and to meet you personally.

Kind Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a almost brand new Ritz Carlton so it has to be doubly good. A short 20mins from the airport, the other advantage of the location is that it's almost next to the #1 attraction in town, the Zayed Mosque. The lobby is grand and super luxe, as one would expect, and an army of staff to fulfil your every desire. This hotel is huge, so it's not going to be cosy, and it's quite a walk to different parts of the hotel

The room is of a decent size, with the flat screen and seperate shower.Because it's the Ritz, the toiletries are Asprey london and the tea bags are of some chi chi brand i've never even seen i.e. it's not TWG. There's a balcony, and i have a view of the mosque as well, which was nice

The pool is beautiful and the service over the top of course. There's a decent menu of food and drinks to choose from, and they deliver it to you on a bike! The gym is quite large,but the trainers don't seem very friendly

The breakfast restaurant is ok, not in the top 10 i've had, but decent enough. i also had dinner at their steak restaurant Forge,and wrote a seperate review.They also have a chinese and lebanese restaurant

This lived up to the Ritz Carlton name and brand, and hopefully climbs up the charts here

1 Thank bcheong
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback to share on your your experience with your recent stay with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed our facilities, restaurants and our pool. I have noted your feedback on the trainers and breakfast and will be looking into it.

We hope to be welcoming you back very soon to the property.

Warm Regards

British Isles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

A fabulous hotel, new and immaculate. Facilities are excellent and staff very helpful. Has a little way to go to meet normal rc standards and expectations but certainly on track and will be there with more experience. My only grumble would be internet access which is charged in addition, which in this day and age is somewhat archaic especially when you need to be in touch for business!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunD0wn
Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our employees looked after you.
We are looking into the internet as this moment.

We hope for you to return soon and me to meet you personally.

Kind Regards,
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have been very fortunate to eat in some very nice places in my lifetime but I have to say, nothing has yet beaten the Friday Buffet Bunch at the Ritz Carlton. I was kindly taken there by my girlfriends parents on a visit to Abu Dhabi and what I experienced blew my mind. Upon arriving to the hotel you pass the grand mosque, which it situated directly opposite the hotel which really sets the scene and then when you reach the hotel its nothing short of spectacular. The entrance alone is breath-taking. I could go on for ages about the hotel but I wrote this piece specifically for one thing only, the brunch. What can I say, as we went through to our seating area outside this plush hotel, we were welcomed with stalls and stalls of food, the list of foods were endless. We were shown around the starters and the mains, and were directed and left to fend for ourself when it came to the deserts. The selection of food they had was simply magnificent, there was literally everything to suit everyone. I started off with a selection of cold meats and moved onto the crab and lobster for starters. From then I jumped into a Mexican dish, followed by a beautiful curry and then had some beef and Yorkshire pudding (the beef of which I was informed took two days to cook) and just melted upon entering my mouth, I didn't even have to chew it was that good. Some cooked lamb, duck and veal were then on the agenda, all of which were expertly cooked. I then tried some of the pasta while the rest of my girlfriends family jumped inbetween the meats and an array of fish dishes.
From the mains, I then headed to the desert area and after a short walk down a small coridor what I saw made me feel like a kid again, a whole room filled with sweets, ice creams and all the deserts you can think of. It was like something from Willy Wonka.
Safe to say we stockpiled it all up and got through as much as we could, while helping ourself to some exotic fruit to help digest the epic feast we had just eaten. I think we were there for around three and a half hours, so I think you can get some idea of just how much, and how good this meal really was. Literally, every dish was divine.
True, this meal might not be the cheapest you will ever have and self-admittedly I am in a fair amount of discomfort as I write this review as quite frankly I don't think I can fit another slither of food inside, but what I can safely say was this meal was the greatest food experience I have ever had.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rockupclay
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
What a fantastic review and experience you are sharing, thank you very much for taking the time and for being so detailed about our Brunch, I'll give your compliments to our Chefs.

On behalf of The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Ladies and Gentlemen and specially from our Food and Beverage we are so glad we fulfill your expectations we are looking forward to welcome you again.

warm regards