“What a fantastic stay!”

The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
Ranked #32 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The first impression of the Ritz in Abu Dhabi is jaw dropping as you approach the large arches with The Ritz-Carlton sign flying above. It is a beautiful gigantic masterpiece. As you drive up the long drive to the hotel you are surrounded by lush green landscaping and lovely chalets.
Entering the lobby is magnifacant. It is grand to say the least but tasteful not overdone as can be the case in the region.
Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated. Beds are huge and awesome. There is a beautiful view over the the pool and beach.
The restaurants are beautifully designed. We did not have a chance to try all of them. The food in the Lebanese is very tasty and the breakfast keept us full until dinner.
The other amazing part of this hotel are the employees. At every turn we felt an interest from the staff. We felt warm and welcomed, really cared after. I kind of felt like a VIP.
The beautiful hotel is also a neighbour to another masterpiece the Grand Mosque. Nothing sits between the two, just green landscape and palm trees.
As you enter the gates you can feel that you really escape into something special. The day to day world left behind at least for a couple of days.
Certainly want to come back again sometime in the future.

1  Thank jack l
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for sharing with us your amazing experience about your recent stay with Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi.

I have read with pleasure your positive comments about your overall experience and that we were able to provide you a tranquil and relaxing break. Your remarkable praises to the team will surely will be shared with them. It will be a great motivation for the associates to hear about your satisfaction. We always pride ourselves on ensuring that our guests leave with a fond memory and wonderful stories about their visit.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the resort.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

As you drive up to the RC Abu Dhabi the first thing you see is a very ugly building, yes it is modern but lacks any sort of design flair. However, that is where the criticism stops.

Once inside you realise the hotel is going to be special. I am not often surprised by hotels but in this case I was amazed by the quality of the rooms, choice of dining options, facilities on the resort especially the pool area. The trip was for business but for sure i will be bringing the family out to this resort when the weather is a little cooler in the Autumn.

As standard in an RC the service is first rate and is a feature that sets itself apart from other hotel chains.

Downside is it is a little far from the Corniche and requires a 20-30min taxi ride.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BenjyLondon_UK

Thank you for the fantastic review and for giving us the opportunity to provide you with our best services and hospitality.

It was a true pleasure to know how the resort, facilities and the associates exceeded your expectations.

We look forward of welcoming you back for another memorable stay with your family.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great weekend with friends. Stayed in villas (courtesy of an amazing deal) and couldn't rate it highly enough.

Excellent service throughout hotel, especially in restaurants. Great kids club. Pool is massive and perfect for kids, who have their own water play area too.

Lovely touches like free water, fruit & juice by the pool.

F&B very good value for a property of this standard.

Did eventually seem that WIFI was free but I was initially faced with the dreaded paid log-in which normally has steam coming from my ears, so perhaps management could look at this.

Recommended and will go back.

Room Tip: Get a villa if you can!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I appreciate the time you took to post your superb review about your stay.

I have read with pleasure your positive comments regarding your overall experience with us. It will be a great motivation for the team to hear about your satisfaction and I will not fail to let them know.
I noted your constructive feedback on internet and this is a process which we are reviewing.

Once again, your valued patronage is very much appreciated and looking forward to be at your service again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stay in Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi for an official visit. During my stay I have to attend a meeting there. Due to Late night Check-In I was not able to sleep well. In the morning I have a meeting there. So I awake up early. During the meeting I was so surprised when I got an exceptional service by the Ritz Carlton staff. During service I told the staff to serve me Breakfast tea to awake me up during the meeting because I don't have a breakfast today. The Ritz Carlton staff after serving me the tea come up with a breakfast item in a tray to serve for me .I am very thankful to the staff name Mr.Waqas. He go beyond my expectations. In future my first choice is Ritz Carlton. And I highly recommend Ritz Carlton to all my friends’ .The service, cleanliness and quality of food was amazing.

1  Thank Adam S

Thank you for your splendid review and for giving us the opportunity to provide you with our best services and hospitality.
Your praises for the quality of the hospitality service and the food are highly appreciated and will be communicated to the entire team to encourage them in delivering the same level of guest experience that you have during your stay.

Please do visit us again and we will be more than happy to ensure that your next stay will be as memorable as the recent one.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The property is a 10 and convenient location between airport and downtown business district with grand mosque across the street. I had luxurious suite with wonderful furnishings and great view. The club lounge is one of the best with great views, space and excellent staff. The bottom floor of hotel has multiple dining options and food at Asian and Lebanese spots outstanding. The only negatives was my experience with front desk staff when checking in but once past that I was able to have a great stay. Great ritz service.

1  Thank Dubin115

Please allow me to thank you for a wonderful review you have put for us during your stay at Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi and for letting us know how impressed you were with the accommodation and service from our Club team. The entire team would be thrilled to hear your kind comments.

My sincere apologies for your experience with check in. But I am happy to know that you had a wonderful stay apart from the incident.

Thank you again and we will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This was quite an enjoyable holiday. My mom and me stayed 8 nights. We were on half board.
I've never experience that much attention by staff. Top top top. Rooms excellent, F&B excellent (they have an extraordinarily good pastry decision), pool excellent, interior superb!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank zerosizedlizzy

Thank you for your splendid review and for giving us the opportunity to provide you with our best services and hospitality at its best.

We are pleased to know how much you enjoyed your visit with us and how impressed you were with the resort, staff and overall facilities.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The location is in the quieter side of town, and has an amazing view of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. It’s just a short drive away to the shopping areas and the taxis are affordable. The valet staff were all very friendly and helpful, and check-in/check-out was easy.

The walk from the check-in desk to our room was quite far, the main entrance is at the centre while the elevators to the room we were allocated were at the very end of the hotel block. So be prepared for a mini workout!

The room was very comfortable, spacious and had a balcony facing the pool and sea. The view from the balcony was so beautiful, especially at night.

The pool was very clean and pool staff were very attentive. The Dubai summer was upon us so the complimentary ice-lollies and cold towelletes were a welcomed treat.

We really enjoyed our weekend away relaxing and soaking up some sun.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EMW6

I appreciate the time you took to post your review about your stay with us.

Best Regards,