“Keep your expectations low....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal

The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
Ranked #27 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Keep your expectations low....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had been in Lijiang ( the Asian restaurant) before by myself, but i took a friend this time and had a dinner. Based on food only - this place deserves more than five stars. Service was extremely bad ... the waitress (a short Asian lady) took care of me , not well trained and below the level in English,Never expected from a Ritz Carlton. The design and decor is nice as well but the experience is drawn down coz of bad service experience...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank donna c
Ritz-CarltonADGC, Director of Sales at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your recent visit to the Li Jiang restaurant, I am very sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations and we couldn’t deliver an exceptional service, I would appreciate if you give me the opportunity to be in touch with you, if you could afford the time please send me your contact details at rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com

Warm Regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Ritz Carlton gave a feeling of italy in Abudhabi. Really well designed & managed property. Surely recommend travellers with toddlers to consider for a memorable holiday! With 5star rooms,food & amenities its a lavish luxury retreat having a huge swimming pool!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mustafa F
Thank you for the brief however very lovely review about your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi.

Your kind words about the facilities, food and your recommendation make us feel appreciated. These wonderful comments will give us encouragement to always do the extra mile in taking care of our guests.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the resort in the near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has so much potential to be great, but it's just a little bit like a holiday camp. Maybe it's because it's the weekend but there is no respite around the (only) pool area from screaming hoards of young kids.
Needs an adults only area desperately.
The service is ok, food quality average and the service all very UAE like in that there are lots of 'yes sir' moments but no one who is prepared to act on initiative or make a decision.
Underwhelmed

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gcc68
Ritz-CarltonADGC, Director of Sales at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit, I am very sorry to learn that your experience did not meet your expectations and we couldn’t deliver an exceptional service for which we are known for.
I would very much appreciate it, if you give me the opportunity to be in touch with you, if you could afford the time please send me your contact details at rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com in order to dicuss with you further.

Warm Regards,
Director Sales & Marketing
Kottayam, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We went here for my birthday as a staycation. I found the whole place amazing. Our room was in the main hotel and being on the top floor we had a lovely view of the beach. This was great for a hot day as we could enjoy the view without experiencing the heat. The room was so designed that one would have almost everything you would need - from barrettes to shoe polish. We received complimentary chocolates, coffee and bottled water. The mini bar was well-stocked and refreshed often. The bathtub area was so designed that one could watch tv while soaking.
The hotel had a large pool which was frequented often by the guests. The dining area was also able to accommodate many. Being Ramadan, we were able to experience a wonderful iftar buffet. The breakfast included in our package was also sumptuous.
The hotel provides shuttle buses to the Grand Mosque. One can also make use of the complementary boat service to visit the Souq mall nearby. An evening ride by boat is a wonderful way to see the sunset.
I certainly enjoyed my visit, The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, making us feel at home.I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top level give you a great view of the beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank tjwarriorprincess
Thank you for your splendid review and for giving us the opportunity to provide you with our best services and hospitality.

We are pleased to know how much you enjoyed your visit with us and how impressed you were with the resort, facilities and the with our staff.

Please do visit us again and we will be more than happy to ensure that your next stay will be as memorable as the recent one.

Yours Sincerely,
Director Sales & Marketing
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Honestly we were really amazed with the quality of service we have received. Really really amazing host and location. Hotel is full of activities, swimming pool, beach, top notch restaurant with big variety of cuisines selection. Next to beautiful sheikh Zayed Masjed (3rd biggest in the world). We loved every moment in this hotel. Strongly recommend it for any kind of traveller whether business or pleasure. Saddest moment when are hopping into our rides leaving this amazing experience hotel.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank AhmedTamerMcT
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 4 August 2014

I have read with pleasure your positive comments regarding your overall experience with us. It will be a great motivation for the team to hear about your satisfaction and I will not fail to let them know.

Once again, your valued patronage is very much appreciated and looking forward to be at your service again soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at Ritz-Carlton Grand Canal during Ramadan time. When i arrived in the evening the hotel was busy with people having iftar and the atmosphere was very lively but relaxed. The front desk staff quickly checked me in and escorted me to my room at the club level. The room was nice, big size, nice large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. There was a balcony with view of the entire "Venice-like" hotel and the huge swimming pool which was illuminted in different colours at night. The room did not lack of anything. Very comfortable bed and luxury amenities.
The swimming pool is one of the largest that i have ever seen and i heard that it is the biggest one in the UAE. There are plenty of restaurants in the hotel but they were all closed during my stay due to the ramadan. Main restaurant was open and the meals that i had there were excellent. There is a small stretch of white clean beach and plenty of staff to keep everything clean and well maintained. One of the best assets was the Club Lounge. Open from early morning to late night, they offer drinks and food (fresh fruit only during day time during ramadan) and as there was no food display the offered me to order from room service or eat at the main restaurant at no cost. Excellent service from the multi lingual staff. I realised that most of the very young hotel staff started to work there after the hotel opened a year ago. They mostly finished hotel school studies not long ago and were always eager to help and provide the best service. There were always happy for a quick chat and made my stay there a very happy one. On my next trip to Abu Dhabi the Ritz-Carlton will definately be the hotel of my choice. Thanks to all the staff at the club lounge for an excellent 5-star service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
5 Thank SwissTravelManager
On behalf of Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi team, please allow me to say 'thank you' for the very nice review that you have kindly wrote about our resort.

Your kind words about the staff, service, facilities and food make us feel appreciated. These wonderful comments will give us encouragement to always do the extra mile in taking care of our guests. The Club team will be thrilled to hear your kind comments.

Please do return and we will happily ensure that you will have yet another amazing stay at our hotel.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Dear Lozano
it's the first time i comment about hospitality in general and I hope it's last time.
what I see in the entrance that nobody was take in care of us from the beginning tell the end. when the lady in the reception playing with her colleague in the lobby she didn't see us the same in door of Asian restaurant 4 person's in the door joking between theme they see me when I been in the middle of the restaurant and one lady she ask me about my name or business card .
we seating down in shaking and sticky table maybe from some sauce for one week ago. we ask the server to fix the table for us did it after 15 min and still the same, after that one lady came to check how is our disaster dinner we realize that she was with staff who was in the entrance playing and the most worse she is the manager, that she don't have any education about the management behavior and education. sorry but is not the restaurant of 5 Stars hotel is nothing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank magali B
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for takig the time to write this review. Please may I extend my deepest apologies for your experience as this is not our standards.

I would like to discuss your experience with you in person and would appreciate if you email me directly your contact details in order to dicuss at your convenience.

Please email me at pep.lozano@ritzcarlton.com.

I hope we can rebuilt your trust within our brand.