“Great Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saudi Cuisine VIP

Saudi Cuisine VIP
Ranked #378 of 2,020 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kent, England
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Tucked away in a back street off the Corniche my colleague and I stumbled upon Saudi Cuisine while looking for another restaurant; but my goodness I'm glad we did.

Outside appearances are deceiving, once inside it has a few tables but the majority of space is taken by private booths where you can sit upon rugs on the floor in the traditional way and although it's a modern building they have done a very good job of making the place feel authentic arabic tent.

More importantly the food was fabulous. The largest part of the menu was given over to rice dishes. Every option of rice was described in immacculate detail with the option of adding chicken or lamb. I have to say we were tempted to try them all.

With the lunch menu we also got complementary soup plus yoghurt and a very spicy tomato sauce. Portions are huge and would comfortably feed 3 or 4 people, however this is more to do with middle eastern custom where if a guest finishes their meal it is an insult to the host that they have not provided enough food. I don't think there is any danger of that here. Obviously no alcohol but the fresh orange juice was amazing.

Service was prompt and the whole meal with drinks came to less than £10 per head. Overall a great place to eat.

• Visited May 2013