“Great rooms.”

and 1 more site!
Trianon Hotel
Ranked #117 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Overall an extremely good 3 star hotel. It is in a good location, and the rooms are clean and very spacious with large beds, good furniture and good sized walk-in wardrobe. My room was non-smoking, as requested, and did not have any trace of stale smoke smell. I found my room to be quiet at night too, so sleep quality was assured.

Unfortunately it's the little things that let this hotel down; like the bathtub having a water-mark around it and the light bulbs not being replaced when they stop working (3 bulbs had gone in my room and, even though I stayed for 3 nights, these were not replaced).

The evening receptionist was rather dour on my arrival and the room originally allocated to me was occupied! No apology was made for this, however, I was upgraded to a suite, though I'm not sure if this was recompense or simply that they had no more 'Deluxe King' sized rooms available. The daytime receptionist the next day was far more friendly and, though she didn't have a great knowledge of the area, at least gave me a map.

The AC was set on super-cold, but I just switched it off and found the temperature in my room to be comfortable for the whole of my 3 night stay.

Overall a great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: 1003 is a quiet, spacious suite with a decent view (you can see a bit of the sea).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 May 2013

hotel located in good central, rooms good size and generally quiet. The down size is cleaning not up to standard and front desk staff local knowledge could be better as they could not assist us in regards to local tours, we ended up booking them through other hotel.

staff generally friendly, nice place to stay if you want to be central to shops and business centre.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This hotel is strategically located in the middle of downtown. It's just a stone throw away from the corniche and there's a tiny but functional mall in front of it which makes it convenient for travelers. The hotel lobby looks kind of old but the room is lovely. They provide you with a free WiFi internet connection. The bathroom is spacious and it has a complimentary bathrobe. All in all I can't complain anything about it. The service is fairly good.

Room Tip: Choose a room from the 5th floor up and a view facing the corniche.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights recently while emergency maintenance work was carried out in our neighbouring apartment. After reading the reviews here, I was concerned as to the quality of the rooms. 3 stars, you get what you pay for, I thought.
After negotiating a great rate, our checking was pleasant and efficient. The room really surprised me. We had requested a nonsmoking room, and were placed on the nonsmoking floor. The room was extremely spacious, with all the facilities of a five star hotel. The king size bed was extremely comfortable with quality pillows. A fully appointed bathroom with hair dryer and toiletries provided. The hotel offers fee wifi, but we found that reception was extremely hit and miss in the room, but worked well in the foyer. Tea and coffee was also provided - 1 of each for each person, no more.
A morning paper was a pleasant surprise.
However the cleanliness of the room was questionable. The bath looked like it had only been wiped over and the mirror still has shampoo streaks on it. The carpets in the room had lint on them and needed a good vacuuming. During our stay the toilet paper was not replaced, so I asked the from attendant who was cleaning the room next door for some more. Thankfully it was not a case for urgency as 20 mins later my husband had to ask again. The safe in the room was locked with no operating instructions on how to open it, so that was useless as well. We did enquire at reception for someone to come and open it, but they didn't materialise. on our last night the room still hadn't been made up at 5pm. We asked for it to be done, well, they made the bed, replaced the towels (but not the bath mat) and didn't bother cleaning anything else. Very very slack!
Overall the hotel is a good 3 star option, centrally located with good facilities. Reception staff are cheerful and efficient. Housekeeping is a whole different matter and definitely require further attention and training.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed 5 nights in Feb. Expensive hotel given the quality. Spacious rooms that is the only plus I can find. Cold showers (my colleague had the same on other floor). Filthy bathtub. Useless wifi. Two elevators for 29 floors. One person at front desk. Non efficient. Would not reccomend it. At all.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2012

First, the three stars I gave go to the facilities, and not to the services!

In fact, to sum it up, it is a 4 to 5 stars facility, with one star services.
We stayed for seven days in the highly anticipated Trianon suite. The suite itself is excellent, very spacious (although not quite 75 sqm as advertised).
Superb fresh flowers and a fruit basket were ready for us on arrival.
The swimming pool is quite stunning and grossly under-sold, even if the improvement works were on-going at the time of our stay. The gym is remarkable new and neat. However, be warned, if you will use the pool (only open until 6pm) or the gym (until 10 pm) the gym coach and the lifeguard will stand quietly and unabashed literally 2 meters away from you AT ALL TIMES! Including when I had my shower, (outdoors thank god) before and after the swimming pool. In the beginning I though it was kinda funny. Later it started to creep me out a little. And then I went away and never returned.

And here is where all superlatives and fun end.

Where could I even start?

Arrival.
When we have arrived, as privileged guests of the mighty Trianon suite, the staff were very blasé about the whole baggage thing. Meaning absolutely no-body asked if we wanted help with our bags. So I ended up bringing 5 huge bags by myself to the 15th floor. All this time, there was at least three members of the hotel staff in the reception front area, every single one of them obviously busy with their laptops of I-phones. Not a memorable start.

At the time when I have booked and prepaid the Trianon suite on the internet (beware dodgy AGODA.com), the Trianon suite in the Trianon hotel was advertised as providing parking and breakfast included.
Surprise, surprise! When I went to hand over my car keys to the reception staff, as no-one bothered to offer any valet service, the reception guy informed me that, yes, it’s true the hotel avails of parking, but the guests have to park themselves in the underground PAY parking behind the hotel!!! Thanks a bunch, Agoda and Trianon!
For any-one who is vaguely familiar with how idiotic the parking system is in Abu Dhabi, this will have a lot of meaning. Won’t go into further details.

Inside.
In the Trianon suite, there was only one bath robe. We asked for and got a second one the following day. Short-lived happiness though, as the very next day the cleaning staff decided it was time to snatch one back again.

The coffee machine had exactly two coffee capsules. On the second day we ran out, no capsules were replenished. On the third day I asked the cleaning and catering staff about the coffee capsules. They politely informed me that I need to request more coffee capsules at the Reception! Wish granted on the forth day. Ha ha ha, I don’t even know a word capable to even remotely describe how ridiculous this felt.

In the meantime, we kept receiving the free daily paper to our door every morning, unsolicited, with religious precision. Not sure where the savings are coming from for the Trianon management: giving me a free paper every morning or not replenishing the one coffee capsule for each privileged Trianon suite guest.

Check-out.
Anyways to cut it short, after a week of sub-average services and strange pool going (by the end of it my wife has learnt to ignore all the close-range long stares) we checked out. Despite the advertised “fast-track check in and check out”, for the Trianon suite guests, we were left waiting for cca 10 – 12 minutes to wait for the cleaning staff to check if we haven’t stolen any towels.

Overall a bit weird for 1000 dirhams a day. Won’t go back in a rush.

Room Tip: Trianon suite, manage your service expectations.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WexTex
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We stayed there 16th November for 1 night. It was just a hotel base for a trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi to see the Grand mosque and Cornice with my parents. We had a shock when we read the previous reviews, even wondered if it would be still open! Well it was, and all fine. The rooms were OK, with a nice and comfortable double bed and seating area. Nothing special - functional. Our room was a bit like it was humid and the place felt damp. But nonetheless functional.

We used the Groupon voucher and all OK. 350AED for large room and breakfast.

The staff are clearly learning (hotel has been open for 2-3 months). But willing over breakfast.

All in all, we wanted to correct some of the previous reviews. Not a nightmare. That's for sure.

Room Tip: The Lebanese around the corner from Chijs was excellent. We sat out side. 200 AED for 6! Lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family