“An exciting place! Kids love it! But be aware!”

Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
Book In Advance
More Info
US$68.75*
and up
Yas Waterworld Entrance Ticket with Optional Fast...
Ranked #12 of 158 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Yas Waterworld is a waterpark with a true Emirati heart. It brings you wave after wave of experiences with over 40 rides, slides and attractions, where every memory counts.
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Before you go in, it doesn’t look so pleasant to the eye, more like a construction site! But when you go in, it turns to be a nice place with lots of fun for kids and teens!
Queue gets longer and longer during weekends and people do not respect the line so some of them start squeezing themselves in! the souq/market faces you when you access in is nice, has the same atmosphere of Jumeirah Madinat Salam Souq. It’s a nice idea to have special areas for little kids, toddlers and grownups. Food selection is not very great, I wish they had more healthy options, besides items are overpriced! Watch out when you get ice-cream, in 2 different times, ours were melty, so small and definitely overpriced!
Staff is friendly and responsive, but in one incident happened with my little daughter last week, a group of fellows (6-8 men) where enjoying the water bucket throwing water on their heads then decided to play around the kids area, I was watching them very closely when they got near my daughter and started asking her questions and playing with her hair! I got MAD when I saw that and went directly to protect my daughter from these strangers, she didn’t understand a word they were saying but it looked very unacceptable for complete strangers to speak to a little kid playing in her own area. They disappeared quickly, I directly spoke to the team leader who was very cooperative, but we were not able to find them again in the kids area. Please be aware and guard your kids in such places. In the waves pool area, young men were playing so harshly with each other and pushing each other in the water annoying everyone around, causing some kids to fall down from their safety wheels, I wished guards were more strict with these guys and stopped them instantly, which did not happen .

1  Thank Suha H
Anthony S, Business Excellence Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Suha H,

Thanks for reviewing us and for your feedback, whilst I’m glad that you had a good day overall, I am sorry to hear of the incident that you have described with other Guests in the Park. We absolutely do not tolerate any misbehaviour from other Guests and aim to maintain a fun and family friendly Park for our many loyal Guests. Any reported incidents are dealt with very seriously. With regards to our food & beverage, we are working on new menu items and are measuring also what our Guests are asking for so that we can cater to the greatest number of people possible. We hope that we will see you back again in the future.

Business Excellence Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,336)
All reviews
in 45 reviews
"kids and adults"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having been to Wild Wadi & Atlantis in Dubai, I wasn't sure if this would be as good. I have to say it was and we really enjoyed our day.

Dear Jenadd,

Thanks for reviewing us; we hope that we offered you a very different experience from the other Parks in the region and we’re glad that you enjoyed your day.
See you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Have driven from Dubai to Abu Dhabi three times now ~ our sole purpose being to visit Yas Waterworld! Visited the park on a weekday and we had the park all to ourselves! Amazingly equipped for children, such a fun day out. A whole area dedicated to kids waterslides, hours and hours of fun! On our 3rd visit, we were stopped by security and told we were not allowed to bring our own flotation devices (kids floaties for our 2 and 3 year old) and that the park supplied life vests for kids. After a little insistence on my part, the recreation manager was called. He inspected our floaties (US made and certified puddle jumpers) and said he would not use anything else on his children either. We were let in without another word! Another super fun day on thrilling rides and exhausted kids at the end of the day! Well worth the money!!

Dear Farisha27,

Thanks for your review and giving us the chance to welcome you back to the Park three times. We are strict about flotation devices that are brought into the Park and this is purely to maintain the safety of our Guests in the Park; I’m glad that one of our Managers resolved this for you. I hope that we will see you again this summer.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Visited this new attraction recently. Unfortunately, one of the biggest slides was already closed - not sure if it was for repair or if they were saving money as not too many people were in the attraction. We've visited Atlantis in Dubai and in comparison Yas Waterworld leaves a lot to be desired in that you have to climb so many stairs and carry your own tube up to boot - only the very large family tubes were ferried up. We are very fit and still found this very wearing - there are just so many stairs for the slides. Went down one of the slides where you lay on the mat and banged my head really hard on the side wall on the way down even though I thought I was keeping it well down (we are used to water parks). The highly advertised bomber ride - like a roller coaster was just OK - very short and the facility to squirt water very poor - surely not worth standing in a line for, however, they did actually have an elevator for this one but nothing else of course. The food we bought was very good though expensive. There are two lazy rivers but neither are very enticing and not very long at all. Most of the regular rides were not suitable for small children though the little children's play areas looked very good so if you have a family with young children this might appeal to you but for everyone else - go to Atlantis in Dubai instead unless of course you are one of these people who loves climbing stairs loaded down with your tube all day. We left early.

1  Thank Angie H

Dear Angie H,

Thank you for reviewing us; I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. We do occasionally have to close our rides for routine maintenance and we advertise this through our website, social media and our resellers so that our Guests are aware; we never make a decision to close an attraction based on the Park’s attendance. We have a very large variety of rides and attractions within the Park and yes, you do have to climb some stair to get to the top; the majority of our Guests find the thrill of the rides eclipses the necessity of the stairs, and I am sorry that you did not find this to be the case. Whilst we have had overwhelmingly positive feedback about the quality and variety of attractions that we have for people of all ages, we appreciate that not everyone will like all attractions in the Park and we continue to collect all Guest feedback as we make decisions about our ride mix for the future.

Thanks again and best regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just got back from Abu Dhabi and we had an amazing time at yas water world . 2 adults and 1 child prices was £45 per person you might think a bit expensive but its the same price as going to Thorpe park ect and this place is up there with them it's just full of water . They have everything at this place for all ages you wanna do loop de loop you can or chill with younger kids they have it all . I see people moaning about prices but £2.00 for a water in a luxury water park I didn't think was to bad . On the day we went no queues anywhere but very dangerous walking rounds as flood is like walking on polished marble . They have some of the best water rides me or my family have ever been on in the world , we spent 8 hours there and was an amazing day lifeguards are spot on, there to save people from drowning not for moving people's sun beds ect . Food was normal theme park sort of food bit pricey but not overly expensive .

1  Thank Mrwhu

Dear Mrwhu,

Thanks for your reviewing us; we’re really pleased you enjoyed your day with us and thanks also for your feedback. Safety is the top priority in our Park and we are actively addressing any issues with the floor surfaces; we will not compromise on this and have very high safety standards to comply with the law and international best practices. We hope that the next time you visit Abu Dhabi, you’ll come back to see us.