“City Seasons Hotel, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lebanese Village Restaurant
Ranked #948 of 2,061 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Brentwood, UK
“City Seasons Hotel, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 day business stay at this hotel. The staff were particularly helpful and curteous throughout and I have no hesitancy recomending this hotel for business or families albeit it is a little away from any tourist attractions so to speak. One or two people may have a problem that the hotel is dry ( no alcohol ) but this was not an issue for me and gave my liver a break. Breakfast did the job but the lunch and evening buffets were superb. The food was fresh, cooked brilliantly and excited my taste buds. I'm not one for stew but the lamb stew...I have never tasted anything like it or so good. On an another evening they served chicken curry with a dry spicey consistency ( albeit there was sauce ) and again this was superb and I doubt I will taste anything similar again. I have experienced many superb curries but this was different.

The gym is more than adequate and I was able to complete my workout consisting of 2 aerobic exercises, 4 arm exercises and a waist exercise. The outside roof pool is a little old fashioned but to a reasonable size and depth measuring some 12m X 8m and a depth upto 1.7m.

The hotel itself is to a good clean standard with large rooms.

Niggles but not quite moans. The showers were luke warm but this is Al Ain and you wont get cold. I dont understand why anyone would moan about the poor English of the staff. The hotel, funnily enough, has a strong Arab flavour and clientele and the staffs English was considerably better than my Arabic. Patience and a smile usually works. If you use the laundry service you will have to chase them up and I would have preferred to have had an iron and ironing board in my room.

All in all a great stay and I hope to stay there again. Possibly close to being a genuine 4* hotel and the central main reception area ( yes I can see a likeness to a Mall ) is quite impressive.

• Visited April 2013