“Red Lobster the one of the best seafood worldwide.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Red Lobster
Ranked #566 of 2,023 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
“Red Lobster the one of the best seafood worldwide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Red Lobster the one of the best seafood worldwide. 2 or more branches in UAE and one in Kuwait and KSA
If you really like seafood specially wooden grilled seafood This is gonna be your right Choice. wherever i go : USA , Kuwait or UAE i alwayes come and enjoy my time and dinnng at Red Lobster

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“I cannot believe this is considered food...it's simply vile!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

FOOD: If you're thinking of going for to eat here, my advice is to either a) not eat at all or b) go to any other fast food joint you can think of. The food is not only bland and a complete mismatch of ingredients, it's also extremely greasy and not in the tasty Belgian fries way, but in the old-frying fat kind of greasy.

I love calamari and was looking forward to it however, what appeared in front of me was the worst excuse for calamari I've seen and tasted in my life! Soggy, bland, greasy and the sauces...don't even ask. My wife ordered the seaside taster platter which comes with the famous butterfly shrimp mentioned by the previous reviewer: we are traumatised. Pina colada dip and coconut batter...Really?! We asked for mayo but they don't have that so we got tartar sauce instead...which was disgusting and loaded with sugar!

As main we had their signature lobster shrimp pasta...basically, even the most useless of chefs could pull off a better dish. Basically a few shrimp with some lobster crumbs drenched in butter. Again, bland and seriously greasy. To my surprise, the pasta was al dente and the lobster tails we ordered extra were acceptable.

SERVICE: I feel very sorry for the staff of this restaurant who probably get lashed with complaints all the time. They are very friendly though and make the most out of it so really no complaints on this aspect.

AMBIANCE: None except for the likes of Bieber, Manij and all the other American teenage hits blaring through the speakers.

My experience in one word: Horrifying!

Make a u turn once you're at the doors of the Red Lobster nightmare and go to TGI Fridays instead or anywhere else for that matter...

Over and out

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GlobetrotterDXB
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Pathetic Excuse for a Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Decided to try Red Lobster to compare this to Cheesecake Factory, TGI Fridays & Applebees. After all they all come under the same category of run of the mill American Restaurants. Comparing this restaurant to the others above is like comparing Apples to Pears. Ordered Mango drink and my friend ordered a berry drink. Tasted of the cheapest chemical tasting syrup I've ever had. My reaction was like kissing a monkey with bad breath. I almost spat it out. I wouldn't even clean my toilet with bleach tasting liquid like that. We complained and changed the drink for bottled water and sprite.

Decided to order the clam chowder bowl which looked worse than the Cambells Soup you get in a tin. Absolutely disgusting! Our Piña Colada butterfly prawns arrived reminding me of a teenage face after a school fight (battered and oily)! Had to use napkins to remove the oil, and the Piña Colada sauce belonged in a drink not as a sauce.

The main meal arrived which was salmon and prawns with side steamed vegetables. The salmon was tasteless, the prawns were small and watery (like frozen prawns thawed out). The broccoli was steamed to death. It was wet and mushy. The other main dish was a sirloin steak which was tasteless and tougher than an African foot.

We complained to management and they offered to remove he steak and drinks from the bill and gave us a 50% discount on our return visit (something which I will not be using as I won't be coming back).

Possibly the worst restaurant I've ever been to in a long time. My advice. Do not waste your money!

• Visited March 2013