“Excellent”

Price range: US$250 - US$300
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An evening at Catalan is special. The elegant venue is the first Catalonian restaurant to open in Abu Dhabi and it effortlessly merges traditional and contemporary. The finest produce from Catalonia's tranquil mountains and deep seas are combined with the freshest local produce by the restaurant's team of talented chef. The results are truly awe-inspiring. Vibrant, authentic dishes seduce the senses and bring the colour, traditions and warmth of Barcelona to the capital. To complement the dishes a beverage menu consisting solely of specially selected labels from Spain is available. Impeccable service and outstanding cuisine in a relaxing ambience - a perfect Catalan evening.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and excellent service. Full throttle advice. Paella was super, but a special mention to the beef tartare amazing!!!

FilipaCdeSousa, Marketing Manager at Catalan, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for the excellent feedback!

Frankfurt, Germany
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We visited this restaurant after having heard a lot about it hence our expectations were quite high. Well, they have been met. Excellent dining spot with impeccable service, fantastic food, and a great wine list.
Could not find a fault.

• Visited November 2013
We highly appreciate your comment and we are very glad to see we have met your expectations!
I hope you dine with us again so we can try to exceed them!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A taste of Catalonia in Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our meal at Catalan was one of the best I have eaten in Abu Dhabi and it did not break the bank. I recently read a review from the National newspaper about a tasting menu meal taken at Catalan. The journalist loved the food but I was not sure that my budget would allow me to eat at this restaurant. How pleasantly surprised I was to find that the a la carte menu was reasonably priced.

The service, the food and wine were all fabulous and I can recommend Catalan to those wishing to eat creative, well presented and delicious Spanish food in Abu Dhabi.

I will be back.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Susie,

Thank you for the fabulous feedback and recommendation! We want you to feel right at home at Catalan. See you again soon.
“Simply AWSOME”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We went to Catalan just because a good friend said so . And honestly i have to say that was one of the best advice I've been given in life .
The restaurant is simply awsome . The quality of the food ( ok , in Abu Dhabi is not easy to find fresh spanish products ) was very great . The gnocchis from the tenderloin melt in your mouth instantly . Really great .
The starters were really good , the salad was very fresh and tasty .
The beef tartare , with mustard mayonnaise and on the top and sloow cooked and fried egg , excelent .
100% advisable.

• Visited September 2013
Dear Zhinghi,
What an awesome feedback!
We appreciate the authentic comment and do thank you friend on our behalf for the advice given!
Abu Dhabi
“Superb dining experience”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

By any standard this is a fabulous restaurant. All of the staff were exemplary from being very welcoming to very efficient in explaining the menu which offers a wide choice of dishes to suit most tastes. The quality of the food was excellent and the presentation of all the meals was top class. My seafood paella was fantastic as was my wife's chicken paella. Everything was accomplished with style ,which is in keeping with Catalan being located within the very stylish Rosewood hotel.

My wife and I have eaten in restaurants all over the world and this was truly a very enjoyable dining experience and one which I would thoroughly recommend. We will certainly be back

• Visited September 2013
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation we highly appreciate it.
Hope to see you again soon at Catalan!